Relief

Keith was startled from playing on his phone as he heard a panicked gasped from the other boy.

Lance bolted from being dead asleep and jumped over the back of the couch to sprint to the downstairs bathroom, hurling into the toilet as he shook gripping the sides. He heaved everything his stomach held but the acids burned his throat as he coughed harshly.

"Holy shit, oh my god," lance wiped his mouth and spat in the toilet with a nasty taste in his mouth. He sniffled and rubbed his face from the sweat and tears.

"You okay?" Keith walked over a little disgusted and shocked at what just happened as lance sat on the floor holding his head.

"I-I gotta do something first, get out," lance shut the door on him as keith jumped back wide eyes.

"What are you possibly doing?!" Keith knocked on the door.

"Let me in mcclain," he groaned.

Lance lifted his tee shirt seeing his bandages needed to be changed soon, hopefully his healing ability will kick in soon so he could fight off the infection. God was it that bad? He still felt dizzy.

"Laaaaaance!" Keith hit the door again but gasped when lance opened it. His sweaty bangs were pushed back by his hand as lance has a dazed look on his face and still had red stung across his cheeks, he looked down at keith annoyed as he itched under his shirt with a bit of his hips and lower stomach peaked.

"You're so fucking loud," lance rasped in a low tone looking in his eyes as felt frozen.

"I have a headache man, keep it down please," he rubbed his face a little pushing past him as keith felt confused by the skip of his heart beat in his chest.

"You ran to the bathroom and sounded like you were dying, my bad," Keith scoffed brushing it off.

Lance shrugged laying back on the couch as he shook slightly holding his side, god he wished he stitched the wound instead, the scars are going to be awful now and it's going to take longer to heal, hopefully by tomorrow morning he'd be okay again. The fever felt like it went down a little but he could still feel cold sweat running down the side of his head as he coughed a little.

"You don't have to stay keith, I appreciate it but you don't have to pretend," lance laid on his back as keith walked over.

"Your friends mentioned some shit and it sucks being alone and sick," Keith raised a brow as lance scrunched his face up uncomfortably, his wound was really burning. It hurt so much.

"We're not friends," lance looked away as he clenched his fists. Please leave, leave leave leave, it hurt and he couldn't show it with Keith here.

"Nope," Keith agreed.

"Keith please leave, please," tears burned at the corners of his eyes.

"You going to throw up again?" Keith noticed.

Lance whimpered shaking his head, he wanted his sister, he wanted Allura, he needed her help, he shouldn't have hid it from her. God what was that mutant? Was there poison in its claws or something?

"Pain killers, please," lance sat up holding his torso with a cry. Keiths eyes widen concerned and grabbed the pills and water for him. Lance stole the pills back and swallowed them without the water as he hit the side of the couch.

"God I'm so stupid," lance sneered and touched the spot where the claw marks were. Did it stop bleeding at least? It didn't feel like a open wound, maybe it's just healing and is hurting more for his body to save him.

"What's wrong? You'll have to tell me what's wrong if you need the help lance," Keith growled but Lances hand were shaking as he covered his face.

"I... I got hurt and it just hurts a lot," lance whispered into his hands.

"Let me see, what happened?" Keith looked at him worried.

"No no.. I'll be fine tomorrow, just hurts more with the fever, shit..." he breathed with a raspy voice and chugged the water.

"Lay back down before You black out idiot," Keith took the glass back and Lances arms shook a little as he laid down on the couch.

"Do you just not know how to take care of yourself or some shit? God damn," Keith scoffed at him as lance stared at him sadly.

"You really are a good person," he mumbled a little pulling at the blanket.

"I don't why your so cold at school," lance looked up at keith like a lost puppy with those big blue eyes.

"Cause I don't want to end up like you dummy, taken advantage of and beaten like I don't matter, I've been that way before, I'll be damned to let it happen again," Keith flicked his forehead with a smirk as lance flinched away.

"Is that why you don't hurt me?" He asked softly.

"Yea... I guess I don't have a reason too,"

"I'm annoying and weak, seems to be enough of a reason, I don't like myself like that," lance sighed a little putting a hand on his heated forehead and blew out a breath.

"Then don't be like that then, you don't have to put up with it," Keith shook his head disappointed.

"Can't, I have to deal with it for a few more months then I get to be happy again all the time, not just in the evening," he hummed happily but paused thinking about what he just admitted.

"Your leaving?" The mullet asked softly.

"Yea... don't tell anyone," lance whispered looking down.

"Where you going? Anywhere is better than here," Keith nodded leaning back.

"I'm moving to my grandmothers, with my sister, it's nice there and their mutant levels are down, a good alliance I heard," lance smiled softly. He might be able to be accepted there.

"Plus I get to speak more Spanish down there, id like to speak it more, makes me feel more connected with my parents," he chuckled a little but there was a sad look in his eyes. Tears began to weld up in his eyes, Keith panicked slightly when lance pursed his lips and tears slid down his face. He mustve missed them a lot.

"I-I Uh you'll get to see them again, I know it's hard right now but they'll come back," Keith offered awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Lance covered his mouth and more tears rolled down his cheeks. He knew Keith was trying to be kind but it hurt because he was wrong. He missed his father so much.

"So-sorry sorry sorry, it's just been a long time since I've seen them," lance whispered shaking his head and tried to stop the tears.

A hand was placed on top of his head and both boys froze.

Keith couldn't believe he patted his head. Lance can't believe Keith touched him.

"D-don't apologized for missing people, it's normal," Keith gritted out trying to not embarrass himself further.

Lance burst out laughing as he covered his mouth giggling more. Keith pulled his hand back wide eyes as he blushed deeply at the boy, he felt so embarrassed for himself but there was relief seeing lance laugh away the sadness he held before.