Greetings

Keith was startled awake by yelling as he was sitting in the chair on the side as lance was laying on the couch still with a calm look on his face as he watched tv.

"No other mutants in my house! No!" Allura slammed her hand on the kitchen counter as Lotor had his arms crossed. "You keep your generals in the city!"

"Hey! Shut the fuck up! Some of us got shot!" Lance sat up and whipped his head around towards the two.

"Sorry lance.."

"Sorry.."

Keith was a little surprised by how confident Lances voice was and didn't hesitate to be that loud. Usually he would be timid about speaking up to get people to stop being annoying. Guess lance wasn't a natural quiet person.

"You shouldn't move like that," Keith sat up a little more as lance pulled his legs around to set them on the ground.

"It's all good," lance stood and stretched his arms up above his head with cracking his neck.

"Mostly healed, like a scab now and all done in a few more hours," lance lifted his shirt to show the hole that was half way healed.

"What time is it?" He asked heading up the stairs to go to his room. Lance looked back at keith motioning for him to come with.

"It's about ten in the morning," Allura called over but the two went upstairs and lance closed the door behind him as keith went inside.

"How are you really feeling?" Keith crossed his arms but lance took off his ruined shirt and threw it in the garbage in the corner.

Keiths heart stopped seeing Lances upper body bare... he knew of the scar that Griffin exposed him of but there was so many more than he knew, other bullet wounds, claw marks on his side, thin scars decorating everywhere.

The scar on his back... it was like a blast across his shoulder blades to the middle of his spine, it took up the most of his skin, Keith felt like he couldn't breathe, he couldn't move as he hated knowing he was staring to much.

"I feel fine, a shower might be nice but probably before the night shift," lance went in his closet to find a hoodie.

"The night shift? Your not going out tonight right?" Keith scoffed sitting on the bed as lance pulled his dark blue hoodie over himself.

"Yes?" He cocked his head to the side.

"Lance you almost died-" "it's been worse, I almost died from that fever a little while ago but I'm still here, I'll be fine," lance smiled brightly at him as keith was shocked.

"That fever.. the one I found you passing out from?! What?!" Keiths jaw dropped.

"Yea I had a nasty cut and infection, same mutant that attacked the school," lance lifted his hoodie and showed Keith the scars on his side.

"What..." keiths eyes widen horrified.

"Don't worry about it, I've been doing this since I was like nine," lance chuckled.

"And I love it too," he smiled brightly back at keith.

"So I guess what my dumbass was babbling last night is probably true now," Lance stood in front keith as the human kept his head down processing everything.

"So which parts did you mean then? Who are you actually?" Keith sighed looking up at him calmly.

"Lance Charles Altea, my dad was alfor altea who was a mutant and my mom was maria mcclain who was human, my favorite color is blue," lance held out his hand with a wink for him.

"Allura took our fathers last name and I took my mothers, they never were lawfully married because of circumstances, so it was easy for us not to be connected as siblings at school for the sake of our identities, but my sister is my best friend and not the total bitch she is at school, she's a different Bitch at home," he smiled widely as keith looked at him wide eyes.

"It's nice to meet you finally Lance Altea," Keith grabbed his hand and shook it firmly.

"So what's the difference between you now and you at school? Your smiling a lot more now," Keith leaned back at the bed at lance sat next to him and pulled his knees up to his chest.

"I don't have asthma," lance giggled.

"I would like to be able to walk without looking at my feet, I've been told I'm to loud and obnoxious it I think it's just cause I'm talkative, I'm not as miserable as I look at school and honestly griffins kicks feel like kitten paws compared to Alluras slaps," he explained and Keith smiled seeing the way lance glowed, his body language changed completely from the boy he knew at school and the vigilante he knew at night. This was someone knew and he couldn't help but want to know everything about him.

"I let griffin bully me and hit me because then I can hide more of my wounds from the night and blame him," he shrugged.

"I get why... but it's still dumb, it still isn't okay for him to get away with it," Keith sighed tilting his head up.

Lance reached over and brushed his longer hair off his neck seeing the bruise that was left, it wasn't even a kind or passionate mark, the way keith froze when he touched it told him enough.

"I don't let him get away with hurting the people I care about," lance touched his skin gently and Keith closed his eyes.

"You care about me?" Keith whispers looking at him.

"A little," lance smiled and touched his hand. He brought it up and kissed his knuckles softly.

"You don't deserve him hurting you like that," lance told him as keith stared at him.

"It was my fault, bad habits die hard," Keith gulped and laced his fingers with the hybrids.

"You should act like this at school," Keith told him hopeful.

"What?" Lance snorted.

"Stand up straight, not so hesitant to speak up, hood down," he explained and lance was taken back by that.

"I-I can't do that..." lance looked down at his lap.

"Why not?" Keith frowned.

"Not with everything going on, I can't stand out, the government's probably opening our old files to find us again," lance took his hand back and picked at his nails a little.

"If it was easy like that I would be able to call Allura my sister at school, but we can't, it's just..." he whispered anxiously.

"What do you mean again?" Keith asked softly.

"A few times, when we were little twice it was close, and when my dad was killed the government knows there's hybrids, they know about us and they took my dads body so who knows how much closer they are this time," lance covered his face and shook his head.

Keith nodded understanding more and leaned his head on Lances shoulder as they both stayed silent.

Lance slid his hand into keiths and held on tight, he rested his cheek on keiths head.

"So that exe You had?" Keith raised a brow and lance burst out laughing.

"Ryan, I deleted all his contact information last night, he's the only other person besides pidge and hunk that knows, he was there for me when my dad died, old friends," lance explained and kissed the top of keiths head.

"Good to know," Keith closed his eyes.