Announcements

The halls were quiet as students passed through the next day, only low murmurs from the students when they discussed what happened the day before.

Lance bounced his leg anxiously as he kept his head down listening to the whispers in class as they waited for the teacher to arrive.

"Hey," Keith sat next to him in class as lance jumped out of his thoughts and looked at the emo kid surprised.

"Oh hey, are you okay?" Lance gulped, hugged his arms to his chest.

"Yea, is your friend okay?" Keith looked at him and lance nodded.

"Yea, Pidge had a little bit of a panic attack with everything so I stayed with her," he lied easily without a second thought. "It's just hunk and I to her,"

"You all seem close," Keith agreed.

"Did you see the mutants?" He asked quietly and lance shook his head.

"No, I heard it though, a lot of thumping it seemed like, we were in the bathroom during the attack," lance explained.

"I saw," Griffin smirked sitting behind lance as the boy froze.

"No shit, I was with you," Keith glared at him. "You almost pissed yourself,"

"Saw the Hunter and huntress," James smiled proudly.

"Sorceress," Keith said flatly and lance nodded.

"Shut up you called him blue anyways, you don't get to correct me," Griffin scoffed at him.

"Is he like your boyfriend or something?" He teased as keith blushed softly looking at Griffin unamused.

"He saved my life a couple times, he's a good person, plus I don't like the lame name hunter, blue suits him better," Keith nodded confidently and lance could feel himself heating up.

"It's a mutant, a monster," Griffin scoffed. Lance looked down calmly at the idea of him being an It, he's been called It before but it made him feel nauseous.

"Because he's a mutant doesn't mean he doesn't have good morals, it doesn't matter, theyve saved multiple people's lives for who knows how long," Keith snapped back.

"Aww you have a crush on a freak," Griffin laughed a little. "It makes sense,"

"No, I just don't think neither of those hero's deserve your shit," Keith glared darkly.

"They're mutants, Kogane," Griffin pressed.

"Student!"

Everyone went silent seeing government officials enter the room with the teacher, two men in uniforms as lance felt like he was about to throw up.

"Good morning everyone, I'm sure your all talking about the incident yesterday," the teacher looked at them calmly as no one said a word.

"In about five minutes there's going to be an assembly to explain what will be changing in our school district but the good news is that you'll have the rest of the week of school off for you all to take care of yourselves after this traumatic experience," she smiled kindly at them and Keith frowned seeing the way the two men looked at the students.

"These two gentlemen will be leading you to the assembly for your protection, please comply," she clasped her hands together with a bright smile.

"Let's go," one of the men spoke and everyone rose from their seats and walked as a group to follow the men.

Lance felt someone grasp his hand as there were multiple classes around them following other officials. He looked next to him seeing plaxum as she hung onto his arm a little, she was afraid. They all were afraid.

"What the fuck was yesterday?" She whispered as lance pulled her close and grasped her hand back.

"That mutant was going to attack the school, lura and I fought it last week, it was dangerous," lance whispered against her hair and she nodded a little.

"Why are they here in the day?" Plaxum closed her eyes but lance squeezed her hand for reassurance.

"I don't know, I have no idea what's going to happen, have you talked to the others?" Lance gulped as they walked into the auditorium with the sea of students.

"Nope, but Allura is with her side of the students," Lotor walked behind lance and plaxum. The two looked back at him and nodded softly parting to the side. They sat together as lance was in the middle of them.

Keith noticed how tight plaxum and Lances hands were held together, she seemed like she was shaking but lance hugged her gently to calm her down.

"Attention students!"

"As many of you know, there was a rare attack yesterday with a shadow in the day time," kolivan stood on stage with a microphone as he looked over the crowd of his students and staff.

"No one knows why this has happened but that is the reason why the authorities have stepped in and you all will be released for the week to stay home," he said sternly as keith pursed his lips seeing cops line up on the stage, as well as his brother.

"There is reason to believe there is a mutant amongst us today,"

Everyone was silent.

Plaxum wanted to cry then and there. Lances hand against her told her otherwise to stay normal.

Lotor was shocked how fast these humans worked.

Allura clenched her fist with sweat forming on her forehead, trying to keep her breathing even.

Lance felt like he couldn't breathe. His lungs wouldn't catch air as his throat closed up.

"So for your protection we will be taking dna tests that have immediate results, one drop of blood is enough, it is mandatory before we send you home, all schools in the district will be following the same," Kolivan continued and immediately everyone was up in a roar.

"B-blood test? They're going to know, they're all going to hunt us," Plaxum trembled as lance tightened his grip as even Lotor was horrified.

"What do we do?" She whispered as lance closed his eyes, he slowly took his hand back and covered his ears.

It was loud.

It was to loud.

"I'll reveal myself and take her as a hostage," Lotor shrugged a little.

"What?" Lance gasped shocked.

"I don't care for the human life, it'll get her out of the dna test," Lotor said simply and plaxum looked at him surprised.

"No that'll cause more drama for them to not leave us alone, plus they know your not the mutants from yesterday," lance inhaled deeply trying to think.

"We don't have much time, and what about my sister?" He gulped a little as the three of them were frozen.

"I'm going to leave," Lotor sighed standing up.

"You can't leave!" Lance gasped.

"Who are they going to call? My human parents? My real identity? I'm leaving, I offered to bring her with but you didn't like that plan," Lotor said flatly looking at them as Lances jaw dropped.

"We can try taking the back to escape, get Allura and we'll leave separate times?" Plaxum looked back at lance wide eyes as Lotor escaped as everyone was screaming and yelling in the room.

"Go now, I'm not leaving without my sister, go after him while everyone's still loud," lance whispered in her ear. Plaxum gulped but nodded as she ran out the door.

Lance inhaled deeply as sweat ran down the side of his head. How was he going to get out of here now?