Hidden

"Your the absolute worst you know that?" Lotor walked over to Allura during the school. She glanced around and saw lance talking to his friends but looked back at Lotor unamused.

"Can I help you? Lo," Allura crossed her arms with no smile,

"Don't you dare get mad about last night, you come near my brother during the day I will make your life harder than it is, you don't have to be here," Allura warned under her breath as Lotor towered over her.

"Your in denial," Lotor scoffed annoyed.

"For what? Do you have something valid to say or not? otherwise stop wasting my time," she pushed him away with a glare.

"Allura wait," Lotor grabbed her arm.

"I'm still pissed off, you attacked him when he was defenseless, your going to apologize to both boys," Allura grabbed his shirt aggressively.

"Both..?" Lotor questioned but Allura suddenly grabbed his ear to bring him to her height.

"Your apologizing to lance tonight, but now you are apologizing to Keith," she hissed in his ear.

"I will not," he made a face but gasped a little when her grip on the side of his ear tightened.

"I know you can hide your broken arm like us but you can't hide broken teeth," she growled as her eyes flashed pink at him.

"Fine, fine, let go you witch," Lotor snarled back as she let go.

"I'm not going out with you, stop wasting your time," Allura said loudly walking away as people were staring at them, she flipped her hair not looking back at Lotor rubbed his ear a little watching her with slight blush on his cheeks.

He sighed shaking his head as he caught Lances eyes who looked intense himself. Lotor shook his head at him as lance rolled his eyes walking away.

Lance threw his hood up crossing his arms going to his next class he knew Lotor had with him, luckily so did Pidge. He passed through a group of kids at the door and went to his seat.

"Why you so glum?" Pidge was sitting in front of him at her own desk.

"Lotors bothering Al, I can't stand him here," lance sighed pulling his hood down as class was starting.

"Why is he even here? I thought that's against the truce of the mutants and humans," Pidge mumbled under her breathe for only Lance to hear.

"It is but no one of the authorities is going to tell him no," lance explained biting his lip as his leg began to bounce.

"Who needs the authorities," she scoffed.

"I can't expose him, he could expose us, thus the government coming for us a-" lance stopped and inhaled deeply shaking his head.

"Again?" Pidge paused a little.

"No, it was just my mom and dad they were after, didn't know about us," lance shook his head keeping his eyes down.

Pidge nodded turning around as she stopped bothering him for now. She remembered lance and Allura didn't have parents anymore, or ever it seems. That lance had to hide every grieving moment of their parents death anniversary, or birthdays, or even when their father was killed.

It felt like she didn't know her best friend at all with him hiding half his life away, that he's this whole different guy with a twin sister, and it didn't matter what he was, human or not, lance was still her friend who's stuck up for her and fought off bullies for her. Who held her when she sobbed missing her father and brother, and always treated her the same when he saw her at her worst.

She wasn't going to let lance feel alone anymore. She wanted to make his life easier, hopefully not hiding himself anymore might help but lance might not even open up about it more, she hopes he does.

——

"Ok, why aren't we taking naps?" Lance sat at the table with a mug of straight coffee as Allura had her head down in her arms tiredly before their night shift.

Pidge pulled out four devices as hunk was on a computer while the twins waited patiently.

"So I went into my brothers old things from his college in the attic and hunk sorted with me and we figured out there's a difference in radiation between humans and mutants," Pidge slid them one of the devices and Allura looked up curiously as her fingers skimmed it.

"But your radiation waves are different than both so it's easy to pick you out from both sides," she explained.

"Hell Yea hybrids," lance high fived his sister.

"So what's the point of all this anyways? this does help showing which mutants are in the located distance at the time on our shifts or when Lotor is near by but I'm just confused still," Allura leaned forward on her elbows.

"What's the point of you two going out every night?" Hunk asked as Allura quirked a brow.

"Since we've been going out at night the deaths in the city have been decreasing every year," Allura stated unamused with no emotion.

"Exactly," he smiled brightly.

"So that's why we've created these trackers that show every shadow that is above the ground within the city," he turned on the device and where it said they were it showed two blue dots and two green dots.

"Oh which dots are we?" Lance leaned forward curiously.

"The blue, humans are green, and mutants are red," Pidge pointed.

"Neat!" Lance smiled at it.

"I'm getting that bastard we lost last week," Allura looked at it impressed.

"He left that fun bruise on your back, get him," lance smirked back at her.

"Why do bricks have to be so hard.."