Family outtings

"Mcclain? What are you doing here..." Keith looked between lance then Allura as he made a face. "With Al?"

"I-I-I-" Lance was lost for words.

"I was paired up with the idiot for science, we're working on thaces project and I was starving so we met up here," Allura lied with a shrug as she smirked up at keith crossing her arms.

"Yet someone doesn't want to do ever do the work," lance mumbled softly as Allura rolled her eyes, playing their part.

"When did you start working here?" Lance looked at keith confused as the raven haired boy burned slight red in embarrassment.

"Needed a job, my brother said I was getting lazy," Keith looked away, lance could see he was lying, the way he pursed his lips and avoided eye contact.

"I'm telling my sister that all the time," lance offered a smile but flinched a little when Allura kicked him under the table. Keith gave in and smiled back.

"Not my first job so I know what I'm doing, what can I get you love birds to drink?" Keith asked calmly looking back at Allura.

The twins turned bright red.

"We're not love birds!"

"That's bloody disgusting," Allura huffed leaning back in the booth with a glare.

"Defensive much?" Keith hummed a little.

"Just two waters, extra lemons in hers," lance covered his face.

"I'll be back in a little," Keith rolled his eyes smirking as he walked away as lance looked at his sister unamused.

"I will get my leg fucking broken before people start assuming we're dating," lance said flatly.

"No kidding," Allura put her hands in her hair in disbelief.

"Guess we gotta find a new diner," lance huffed a little and shook his head looking at the menu.

"Ugh the only other one has a sanitation problem, I don't wanna get food poisoning again," Allura rubbed her face frustrated.

"Find out when Keith doesn't work?" Lance offered.

"I'm on it," Allura stuck out her tongue as she adjusted her breast's and smiled sweetly looking at keith when he came back with their drinks.

"You guys know what your getting?" Keith asked putting straws on the table for them.

"Yea, I was hoping to know your schedule," Allura cocked her head to the side looking up at him with her big blue eyes.

It took everything in lance not to burst out laughing.

"Weekends, Wednesdays and Thursday, why?" Keith asked flatly.

"Just seeing if your available," Allura hummed flirtatious, pressing her arms closer to show off her assets.

"I am, why you know any guys that are single?" Keith put a hand on his hip and lance covered his mouth with tears in his eyes trying not to laugh.

"Umm... yea, I'll let them know, can I just get Mac and cheese?" Allura burned bright as lance had a satisfied smile.

"No problem, you?" Keith looked at lance.

"Just a cheese burger, thanks," lance smiled at him as keith wrote it down.

"I'll be back," Keith nodded and left. As soon as keith was gone, lance inhale deeply and slammed the table hard bursting into laughter as Allura screamed into her hands.

"I hate you, I'm disowning you, leave my house you damn bastard!" Allura threw a small packet of jam at him.

"That made my night, my week, I can't!" Lance wheezed holding his ribs with tears in his eyes.

——

"So Like did you not know he was gay?" Lance asked while the twins were brushing their teeth. Allura glared at him with the toothpaste foaming past her lips.

"You did?!" She spit in the sink as lance had his headband on still from washing his face.

"Duh," lance muffled with the toothbrush in his mouth.

"Then why did you ask me to flirt with him?" Allura put her white hair up as lance cracked his neck while his hair faded back into white.

"I didn't ask you shit, I said we should find out his schedule, you said you were on it, you assumed," lance spit next as Allura looked at him.

"Besides, anyone with a mullet, couldn't be straight," Lance smirked down at her.

"Your still an ass," Allura pushed him smiling.

"Oh yea? While at least I have an ass," lance walked out as Allura flipped him off.

"My breast's do just as a good of a job, thank you very much," Allura yelled for him to hear.

"I don't wanna hear about my sisters titties~" lance sang closing the door as Allura laughed at him.

Lance went upstairs to his room as he took the head band off and shook out his white hair. He rubbed his face looking in the mirror and inspected the bruises that finally healed within the way and only thing left was the small paper cut on his nose now. Perks of being a mutant freak is that you don't have to worry about injuries often.

It was the normal to be a freak, they got it from their father, the three of them were Alteans, is what their father called them. Even when lance and Allura had both fake last names, they were still proud to be Allura and lance altea, they were never ashamed to be what they were. They just struggled with it.

It was more of struggle when their father was killed from the galra on the outside of the walls at night. But never meeting their mother, as mutants half breeds and her being a human... she didn't survive their birth.

Lance touched his white hair again, his fingers trailing down to the blue markings on his face, it's all he had left of his father, but he was always told he had his mother's eyes. Allura was more like dad, a leader, strong. But lance took after his goofy side.

It's only been five years since they lost dad, it still hurt. They still missed him.

But they still had each other. That's all that mattered. They look after one another, they didn't care for relationships, Lance was the only one with close friends, but seven more months of hell and they'll be gone.

Lance flopped in bed as he rolled on his back and looked up at his ceiling that had glow in the dark sticky stars. He sighed softly looking at them.

Seven months, that wasn't that long...