Seven months

"He broke your nose lance!" Allura touched her brothers face as he flinched.

"Your lucky with our ways its a hairline fracture now and should be healed by dinner dumb ass," Allura went to their freezer and grabbed ice for him.

"I swear I didn't do anything lura," Lance whined as she crossed her arms annoyed.

"I know, but those bullies..." Allura frowned shaking her head.

"Maybe we should move, we could be twins again in public, or do online school and move to a college," she gasped thinking outloud as lance watched her long black hair turn white from the roots to the end. He sighed leaning his head back as he changed his hair to its pearly white as well.

"Two more years Allura, then we're out, high schools done, we go to New Zealand like we've always wanted too," lance smiled softly at her as she looked down.

"Do you know what everyone says about you? How easy they want to shove you and kick you?" Allura cried out with tears in her eyes. This is why they made it wear she was the prom queen and he was dirt. Allura was to emotional.

"I wear baggy clothes and I slouch like I'm 5'11, it's how that shit hole of a school is," Lance defended with a long groan.

"...and if you show that your 6'1 and actually not skin and bones they'll leave you alone," Allura nodded with a huff.

"And if they find out we're twins and not human we'll be hung," lance walked up to her and Allura looked down, closing her eyes.

"Come on, let's go out for dinner," Lance wiped a tear from her cheek and kissed the top of his sisters head.

"I'm choosing," Allura sniffled gravbing her jacket and stormed to her car as lance smiled turning his hair jet black as Allura turned her ash light brown. They've changed their identity no matter where they go.

The twins got in the car and Allura pulled out of the drive way as lance turned up the radio as Allura knew where they were going.

"Lura," lance looked at her kindly.

"If things don't get better by end of the year, we move to Costa Rica," lance told her softly as Allura felt her breath stop.

"We still have seven months of this lance and still another year," she whispered looking at the road.

"Abuela retired and move to Costa Rica, remember? We live with her and finish high school either online or there, she knows, we don't have to be like this anymore," lance explained gently as he leaned back against the seat.

"We don't have the money to even own a real house, we rent lance, let alone buy plan ticket," she scoffed.

"We rent, so we can end our lease, sell the car, and move in with grandma," he pushed.

"W-we've never even left Oregon lance, barely gone out of the city," Allura put her hand over her forehead feeling overwhelmed.

"Let's use dads life insurance,"

Allura pursed her lips as they stayed silent for the rest of the ride until Allura pulled into their favorite diner. Lance asked for a table booth for two as Allura had her arms crossed. He knew it was risky bringing up their father like that, but the money he left them is sitting collecting dust.

"I'm sorry, it was wrong for me to bring it up," lance sighed as they sat at the booth together as Allura looked at the menu.

"Yea it was," Allura snapped a little.

"It was just an idea, it would be a way for us to start new with dad helping us out," lance frowned at her.

Allura rubbed her face and slapped her hand down, not to hard but enough to show her frustration.

"That money is not for that kind of use," Allura hissed.

"Then what is it for?" Lance leaned forward calmly.

Allura opened her mouth but she couldn't force anything out to defend their father.

"Allura We don't have too... it was an idea, I take it all back, let's just finish school here, I'll survive," lance gently grabbed her hand and Allura looked at lance with guilt. She saw the injuries every day she came home. But lance has always been there for her.

"Seven months, I promise," Allura whispered to him and lance was caught by surprise.

"We save the money we earn now until then, it'll be enough to get us to Abuela," she gulped a little and nodded.

"Your serious?" Lances face lit up.

"Oregon's boring anyways, you and me always Hermano," Allura giggled as their waiter came over but Lances face went pale as he saw who approached them.

"I'm keith and I'll be your waiter for the night, can I start you off with any drinks?" The dark haired boy inhaled deeply as he looked at Allura but his eyes finally landed on lance.

"Oh shit," lance felt his face heat up with horror in his eyes.

"Mcclain?" Keith gulped scrunching up his face.