In the day

"What the fuck is that?!" A student screamed looking out the school window as kids ran and crowded to see.

"Aw man it's this guy?" Lance whined as he and Allura ran to the front. It was the same ten foot mutant that slashed its three large claws against Lances side where his scars now laid. It has huge hands three one meter long claws on each and large teeth.

"That's not mine!" Lotor called from the side as the twins groaned a little under their masks.

"I thought you hunted it down," lance looked at his sister.

"I Thought it was dead," Allura cracked her knuckles and activated her powers with a glowing pink halo around her gloved fists that matched her eyes.

Lance took the first start as he ran at the beast, jumping over a car and jumped high to aim for the beasts head above with his fists glowing blue. The beast snarled seeing lance at the last minute, chomping its teeth at him but he kicked it across the face to avoid the teeth.

"Hunter get down!" Allura yelled as she levitated a car with her power and chucked it at the mutant before it could attack her brother again. But it sliced the car in half easily with its claws.

"Holy shit," Lances eyes widen but pit his hands up with a blue shield as the beast grabbed a half of the car and slammed it down on him.

"Keep your distance!" Allura yelled as lance ducked and backed up quickly to avoid being sliced again.

She watched the beast slam it's hand against lance and sent him flying into the school and crashed through the glass window.

"He just always has to go in head first, this is why he always ends up with the concussions I swear," Allura sighed to herself and squeaked jumped away from a car that was going to land on her.

-

"I'm going to be pissed if I got another concussion," the Hunter laid on his back as he felt glass under him.

He heard gasps and whispers around him, finally opening his eyes he saw he was in a classroom with students in a crowd together in the classroom from the lock down.

"Oh my god it's a real mutant,"

"There's mutants outside,"

"It's day time!"

"Is it going to hurt us?"

"What's the glowing things on it?"

Lance rolled on his side and sat himself up but made a face feeling glass in his arm. He yanked the glass out of his arm without a second thought and threw it at the beast outside aggressively but smiled seeing it impaled the mutants leg.

"Uh don't be scared?" Lance looked back at the students that didn't even recognized him as one of them, they seemed like freshmen. They only could see his eyes and markings on his face besides his white hair showing in the sunlight.

"Wait that's the Hunter! Hunter and sorceress!" A young boy gasped seeing his white hair.

"The Hunter and sorceress?!"

"Yea I have to go back, everyone stay inside and as far away from the windows as possible," lance told them quickly and jumped out the broken window. The freshmen behind him cheered excitedly now.

A rush ran through him with a small smile on Lances face. He's never been cheered for...

"We need to lead it away from the students!" Lance yelled at his sister and the beast immediately ran towards him. Allura noticed it had a favoriting side for lance... it was drawn to him.

"But there's civilians outside!" She called back and lance looked around trying to think. 

"Sorceress, use the cars to block the side walk and road, we don't need people on the sides getting hurt! I'll try slowing it down!" Lance pointed to the side and Allura nodded running to the entrance and exit of the school parking lot to start using her telekinesis and make a car blocking.

-

Griffin jumped out the detention window as keith jumped down after him and punched the boy in the arm.

"There's a reason the doors are locked dumb ass," Keith snapped at him.

"You didn't have to follow," James snarled back.

"There's a mutant attack, I'm not getting crushed in a building," Keith scoffed as they walked to where the noise was and Keith immediately ducked behind the bushes seeing the monster in the day light.

"What the fuck?!" Griffin almost passed out seeing a mutant for the first time but keiths eyes widen seeing Hunter running away from the beast to lead it away from Sorceress who was tossing cars with her power to the street.

"Blue! Look out!" Keith screamed.

Lance immediately turned and stomped his ground as he snarled grabbing the mutant by the face and used his super strength to jump and force it back as he slammed its head to the cement.

He leaped off quickly and backed away catching his breath, looking up wide eyes seeing Griffin with Keith behind him. These idiots!

"Get inside!" Lance yelled back but grunted when he was slammed in the side and went flying again.

"Holy shit... that's the mutant that saved you?!" Griffin looked at the hybrid roll back to his feet and charged back at the beast.

"Yea," Keith blushed softly as blue slammed his fist into the mutants body and it fell back.

"He's really cool," he smiled a little but heard police sirens in the background.

"Blue! Cops are coming!" Keith cupped his hands to yell as he looked back at the human.

"Do you not see the ten foot monster?! I'm busy!" He motioned to the beast as it was getting back up.

Lance put his fists up with his eyes glowing brightly for defense only to see a large pick up truck slam into the mutant. He looked to the side as Allura ran back to him wide eyes.

"Cops cops cops cops, let's go, there is cops," Allura sang grabbing his wrist and ran.

"Shit what about the mutant? Humans can't take it down," lance pulled her back.

"Call your boyfriend or something, that's daddy issues problem," he told his sister and Alluras jaw dropped.

"He's not-" "call him or I'm killing it!"

"Just kill it, it's zarkons, and it's going to kill the students," Allura blushed furiously as Griffin came out of the bushes but Keith stayed back.

"Dude you guys are so cool! You barely let it touch you!" Griffin beamed brightly as the twins didn't pay any mind to him.

"Keith, what are you doing out here? How did you get here?" Lance turned to the other boy a little concerned.

"It's day light, why are you here?" Keith walked over as Allura levitate the truck again and slammed it on the beasts head multiple times.

"I got an alert that something was out when it shouldn't, we chased it down here," he lied with ease.

"You better go blue, the police are close," Keith pursed his lips as lance nodded a little as Allura pulled her hood up.

"Stay inside, you have a bad habit of getting out when you shouldn't," lance winked at him as he and Allura ran past the teenagers to escape in the city, hoping the students wouldn't get caught up in the mess and that thing stayed dead.