Problematic

Lance bounced his leg anxiously during detention, he knew Lotor was watching him, he left Allura alone (he checked) but every time he turned around, there the freak was.

He sighed as he tried to calm himself down but his anxiety was off the charts lately.

Keith watched him as he smoked next to the window as he could tell something was wrong with the loser. He hasn't said a word, looked at his phone, at him, he's been staring at the door the whole time, either fiddling with his nails or touching his hair.

"You got medication or something for that shit?" Keith asked as smoke left his mouth when he spoke.

"What?" Lance asked confused as he remembered Keith was in the room.

"Your anxiety, got anything for it?" Keith asked again annoyed.

"N-no not really," Lance looked down. Human medication didn't work the same on him and Allura, they both tried to help with their double lives but it never worked the right way.

It's made Allura so depressed she never got out of bed for days. Made lance so much more anxious his legs felt numb and paranoia never went away, he didn't sleep.

"Anything you can do to knock of the bouncy leg?" Keith flicked the cigarette out the window and closed it as he waved the smoke from his face getting down.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realize," Lance gulped as he stopped the bouncing but he flexed his toes inside his shoes and Keith quirked a brow but shrugged.

"Have you met the new kid?" Lance asked turning to Keith.

"The blond freak? Seen him but never talked to him, why?" Keith leaned back in his chair as he looked out the window.

"Nothing, just gives me bad vibes," Lance gulped as he avoided eye contact.

"Your bad at lying," Keith laughed a little.

"He caught the word about kicking your ass like everyone else?" He smirked at lance but the Cuban boy started bouncing his leg again as he picked at the sting on the end of the cuff of his hoodie.

"No, no... he hasn't hurt me yet.." lance shook his head.

Would he start though? What would stop Lotor from breaking his arm or worst, from giving him a concussion knowing lance wouldn't fight back, as long as the sun is up he couldn't fight back, Lotor had an advantage of making sure he would be weak by night. He could start if he got the idea.

Keith bit his lip as he noticed how far Lances sleeves were pulled over his hands and his shoulders where hunched.

"Come on," he sighed.

"What?" Lance looked over at him.

"We're breaking out," Keith climbed up to the window and opened it as far as he could.

"Why? Won't we get in trouble?" Lance asked softly.

"That's the point," Keith slipped out the window and dropped to the ground.

He waited but heard lance climb up but looked at him through the window, unsure about something. It was either about breaking the rules or joining him.

"You look tired, like you don't feel anything anymore, sometimes you need to change things just to feel alive," Keith looked up at him with a smirk.

Lance jumped down and landed next to Keith as he stood his full height to stretch his back out. He never realized how tall lance could be if he wasn't slouching, he had to be over 6 feet tall as he inhaled deeply. Lance looked at keith and slouched again with his arms crossed.

"You got me out here, now what?" Lance pursed his lips.

"You drink at all?" Keith reaches in his backpack and pulled out a bottle of jack Daniel's and lance pursed his lips a little.

"We could've drank in the room," lance rolled his eyes as keith sat against the school wall as he patted the spot next to him and lance sighed sitting.

"So you don't smoke but you drink?" Keith asked as he handed the bottle to lance.

"I have asthma, not liver failure," lance shrugged as he took a sip of the whiskey. The Smokey taste of a burning sensation was relaxing as they faced the entrance to the woods next to their school.

"How much longer of detention do you have?" Keith looked at him curiously.

"End of the week I'm done, hopefully my dumb ass won't come back, I'm fucking tired," lance took another drink and looked down silently.

"I don't get you mcclain, your personality is so righteous but when it comes to it your a damn coward, why won't you stick up for yourself?" Keith asked. He knew he's tried to get lance to tell him before why he is the way he is but never gets a good answer.

"I rather be the one to deal with the pain than someone I care about, my friends get bullied but I always cut in before someone can raise their fist at them, Pidge can fight back but she's to small to defend herself, and hunk doesn't want to hurt anyone cause he's all full of love," lance sighed resting his head back and looked at his finger tips that peaked from the sleeves of his hoodie.

"So you just let it happen to you?" Keith scoffed.

"Yea, I may be weak but it doesn't mean I can't take the hit," Lance smirked back and Keith frowned a little.

"That's just pathetic now," a new voice intruded and the two boys got up immediately but lance relaxed seeing it was only Lotor.

"What are you still doing here Lo?" Lance hissed a little bit glanced at keith as he didn't realize he was in front of the shorter boy who held a glare. He stumbled back a little so they'd be side by side, he couldn't be the hero, not now.

"New kid right?" Keith crossed his arms.

"Sure," Lotor rolled his eyes.

"Want a drink?" He offered as lance looked at Lotor with a warning in his eyes.

"I don't drink," Lotor frowned.

"Then why are you still at school freak?" Keith asked annoyed. Lotor suddenly shoved Keith against the wall before lance could stop him.

"Who you calling freak?" Lotor snarled.

"Get the fuck off him!" Lance grabbed his wrist to stop him as he used his strength to keep his fist from Keith.

"What are you gonna do about it coward?" Lotor smirked and Lances eyes widen as his stomach dropped. Lotor elbowed him in the face and lance dropped back.

"What's your problem asshole?!" Keith tried kicking him but Lotor back handed him with a smirk.

"You," Lotor whispered in his ear as keith could taste blood.

"I'll see you boys around," Lotor chuckled and slammed keith against the wall again as he dropped him. Keith leaned against the wall with blood forming from his lip as he panted hard with a glare watching Lotor walk away.

"What was that?" Keith snarled. "Why didn't you do anything?!" He grabbed Lances shirt as he saw a bruise under Lances eye from where Lotor elbowed him.

"I couldn't," Lance looked at him sadly as keith panted.

He let go and kicked Lances chest not to hard to hurt him but enough to push him to his back.

"honestly I'm use to it so do whatever, I can't do shit anyways," lance sat up as he rubbed his face a little and flinched at the bruise on his face.

"You shouldn't," Keith crouched down to him with a frown. "Otherwise you shouldn't expect much else from life,"

"Yea, I know," lance looked at him with his ocean blue eyes.

Keith shook his head standing up, grabbing his bag and left lance in the grass alone as he couldn't be around him, he couldn't stand how he lives. It was sad and it was problematic, he didn't want to be apart of it.

He wouldn't be apart of it.