Rebirth

"Lance go!" A voice screamed as the white haired boy stumbled back with blood on his hands as there was screams and cries as he could feel the ground shake and metal clashing behind him.

"Father?" He breathed seeing a white haired man with a beard holding a sword as he had blood running down the side of his head as he battled another man that was much larger than him.

"Dad!" Lance screamed.

"Go to your sister! Go now!" Alfor screamed back, spun to attack his opponent but suddenly a sword went through his chest.

"DAD!"

Tears began to run down Lances face as he fell to his knees with a sob escaping his throat. He bowed his head down with quiet cries. The blood on his face drying against his skin as his eyes were closed but he could feel weight in his arms.

Lance opened his eyes and couldn't gasp, couldn't breathe as he saw that raven haired rebel in his arms. Blood running down his head as lance trembled seeing he wasn't breathing. He could feel the broken part of the skull that must've been his death...

"No!" Lance bolted from his bed with tears streaming down his face.

He panted looking for any signs of a wound or blood on him but there was nothing. It was only a dream.

Lances jaw trembled as he looked down at his hands that were blood free. He inhaled deeply and let out a sob as he covered his face trying to stop thinking about the night mare.

Keith would've been dead if it wasn't for him, he would have his blood on his hands if he didn't catch him, if he wasn't there. He would fail his job again, he didn't want humans to die anymore.

But it was keith, he cried over the schools royal asshole, when he knew the next day he'd be treated like shit. But he couldn't stop crying over the image of Keith dead in his arms. Where he could feel where Keith cracked his skull on cement if he didn't catch him.

Lance reached for his phone and called a certain number as he listened for his sister.

"Lance?" Someone picked up.

"Hey.." lance whispered softly.

"man it's 5 in the morning, why you up?" The voice asked with a yawn.

"Just... I don't know, needed someone," lance laid back down and rolled on his side.

"And you called me?"

"Looks like it," lance closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry for waking you up, I... I just needed a reality check I guess, sorry I know we're not close anymore kinkade," lance felt a tear run down his face.

"No, your okay, everyone deserves to have someone to listen if you wanna talk about the nightmare," kinkade sighed back but it was warm.

"How did you know?" Lance sniffled.

"Your crying at 5 in the morning and not talking to your sister," kinkade chuckled gently and lance covered his mouth to try not crying even more.

"Lance, talk to me," kinkade whispered as it was quiet for so long.

"Why do people hate me so much?" Lance whispered back in a raspy voice.

"I know I look dumb and weak but is that the only reason people are so.. mean?" Lance continued as he held his broken arm to his chest.

"You don't think they remember but a lot of people remember in 8th grade, when you were popular and soccer captain, and when... when you sent that kid to the hospital," kinkade explained and lance pursed his lips. He remembered.

"Kids wanted to feel better about themselves and decided that they should kick you down and worst, your not the first one either lance," he shuffled on the otherside of the phone.

"Yea but no one cared to fucking know what was going on, I became a fucking loser after that year anyways," lance sniffled as he swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Do you feel better?"

"No,"

"Are you still crying?"

"A little bit..."

They were silent on the phone for a while as lance looked at the window as he knew the sun would be coming up soon.

"What does it mean when you dream about someone dying but your not close to them, but your genuinely upset that they died in the dream?" Lance asked curiously so it wouldn't drive him mad.

"Dreams of death mean rebirth usually," kinkade told him simply.

"Rebirth? Like what?" Lance made a face.

"Out with the old in with the new? Something like that," kinkade said like he was shrugging and lance smiled softly missing his old friend.

They were friends since elementary school, part of the soccer team but griffin was the second best and lance was the top, got them to the championship for middle schoolers but when high school came around, kinkade went to a private school as lance dropped his popular status for his sister.

"I have no idea what to do with this information," lance breathed a laugh as he smiled softly.

"Maybe I'll come down for a weekend and visit you and everyone, you were the man mcclain," kinkade chuckled back as lance pursed his lips anxiously.

"You do know people don't like me right? It wouldn't be fun visiting, if you do just stick with griffin and them," lance sighed rolling over.

"It doesn't matter for me, if I want to see my friends then I will see my friends," kinkade told him calmly and lance felt tears again glazing over.

"How's school?" Lance gulped.

He heard kinkade laugh.

"I'm doing alright, in some college courses," kinkade told him.

"I knew you were smart you humble jack ass," lance whispered smiling.

"Hey Ryan," he pursed his lips nervously.

"Yea Lance?"

"I'm leaving in seven months, my sister and I, were moving to our grandmother in Costa Rica, I know we don't go to school together but I just wanted to let you know," he gulped closing his eyes.

"Good, you should go, your not happy here," kinkade sighed.

"I'm going to be late to school," lance breathed as he could feel himself falling back into sleep.

"I won't hang up until your asleep,"

"I miss you Ryan," lance mumbled as his hand fell limp with the phone by his side as he passed out into sleep.

——

"I miss you too lance," kinkade was sitting up in his bed with his legs crossed as he looked at his wall with pictures as there was a picture of him and lance when they were younger, lance pressing a kiss to his cheek in the summer going to freshmen year.

His arm was around Lances shoulders as he was smiling even if his cheek was squished from where lance was pressing his lips against and his tan hand was holding his other dark cheek.

He smiled, lance deserved to escape.