Look out

"Lance look what I can do!" Four year old Allura yelled as she grunted trying to focus her energy on the red ball in the backyard. Her four year old twin brother stood in the grass curiously while Alluras face turned red. Eventually the ball had a pink hue around it and lifted in the air above them.

"Wow! You have a power!" Lance gasped as he had grass and dirt in his white hair while his sisters was in a short bob with front pieces pulled back in a small ponytail.

"Dad! Dad! Lura got a power!" Lance turned around as alfor walked out to his children with a ginger man behind him in a police uniform.

"She did? Wanna show me princess?" Alfor smiled brightly at his children. Allura nodded and held her breath with her hands outstretched to lift the ball again.

"See daddy!" She gasped as the hall was her fathers height but she dropped it at his feet.

"You really had twins?" The police man asked as Allura picked the dirt out of her brothers hair as lance giggled.

"Yea, they're something special Coran, I'll tell you that," alfor smiled softly at the twins.

"They're a lot like Melenor, lance has her smile," alfor sighed gently crossing his arms.

"It's been four years alfor, how long can you hide them for? The chief knows mutants are trying to act human more and more, he's suspicious," Coran looked at his friend gently as alfor looked down with his white hair tied back, it tickled the base of his neck.

"I'm enrolling them into school as soon as they can control their abilities more, especially shifting, different last names and separate," alfor told him calmly but flinched when lance fell on the ground after tripping over his shoe.

"I'm okay!" Lance called back as Allura looked worried.

"That doesn't prove theyre not mutants," Coran gulped a little. "Dna can't change.."

"They're human too," alfor looked at his sharply. "Not just mutants, I'm going to give them a human life, draw no attention, they deserve a damn life with kids their age!"

The twins stopped playing as they heard their father raise his voice. Both of them had concerned eyes as lance held Alluras hand tightly.

"Papas mad?" Allura whispered behind him.

"Actually kids let's go inside, it's time for lunch" Alfor forced a smile as he opened the door. The twins looked at Coran unsure but ran inside before Coran could say anything to them.

"El es parte de la policia," Allura whispered to her brother as they held hands out of instinct.

"No hables con el, nos puede llevar," lance told her as he glanced at coran walking in with their father.

"He's not going to do anything guys," alfor looked the children softly as they stayed together like glue, hip to hip.

"Why is he here then?" Lance huffed putting a hand on his hip.

"I'm an old friend of your fathers, I knew your mother," Coran knelt down to the twin with an accent that made him seem a little less scary.

"So?" Lance didn't buy it.

"Think of it like.. a secret, no one knows I'm friends with your old man, and no one knows about you because of me, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure your safe, both of you," Coran smiled cocking his head to the side.

"Because your dads friend?" He asked softly.

"Exactly," Coran winked.

"So what's your little ones names? I'm officer smythe, or mr. Hieronymus Wimbleton Smythe," he smirked under his thick mustache as Allura giggled a little.