Stick close

Allura and lance waited in the living room for the man to show up at their house. If he knew their father he must know it's the same address then...

There was a knock at the door and lance turned his hair brown quickly as he got up, Allura remembered to turn her hair brown as well, at home they were relaxed more so their hair would turn white without them realizing it sometimes.

"Hello?" Lance opened the door and saw the same man in his uniform.

"The names coran, I'm an old friend of your fathers," the man walked in as lance closed the door behind him.

"Your human?" Allura stood up confused.

"I am, but your not so feel free to not hide yourself, I've known bout you two for a long time," Coran smiled at them.

The twins looked at each other and nodded letting their white hair fade back and their markings flowed on their cheeks.

"Sad You two don't remember me, you two have really grown up," Coran looked at them almost with pride in his eyes.

"Sorry... Coran.. um what the fuck is going on? How do you know our father and why didn't you turn us in?" Lance walked over by his sister after locking the door and closing the blinds.

"Not so timid now apparently," Coran quirked a brow at the boy.

"I've known alfor since we were teenagers, knew your mother too," he smiled at them gently as the twins stood side by side, lance in front of his sister.

The two young children were hip to hip as lance held his sisters hand tightly and almost protectively as they stared up at the adult.

"I've been apart of the police for a long time but when your father died I moved to an organization that was more involved with mutants, I had a feeling it would be the only way I could help you two, I owe your father that much, I was there to confiscate his body back then," Coran gulped a little as he seemed sad at the memory.

"I saw you there lance, luckily I was able to give you enough time to get out that day," he looked at the teen as lance pursed his lips.

"You were there?" Lance whispered.

"I'm sure the organization will be able to snuff a good amount of the mutants in the district out, so let's get started on how to avoid that," Coran smiled again as he brought out his laptop and set in on the coffee table.

"Wait wait what do you mean?" Allura stopped him.

"Your not the only mutants in the day, some staff members, students, some poor creatures that just wanted a civil life in the sun," Coran explained simply.

"Plaxum," lance nodded.

"There's also the galras leaders son that's been at our school, lotor, he left earlier today," he told them as Allura seemed relieved almost by that.

"Heard about that lad, I'm guessing he's not an enemy then?" Coran gave them a look.

"Eh, he's alright," lance shrugged but Allura smacked his shoulder.

"For now you should be fine to stay in school on the down low, if there's any more tests get out of there," Coran told them now serious.

"Especially as vigilantes who knows how long you have to get so much time without getting caught now," he sighed shaking his head.

"How did you know?" Lance tilted his head to the side.

"I'm not stupid," Coran said flatly and the two blushed embarrassed.

"We'll be here for a while, they want you two more than any of the other mutants, you have intelligence and are against the shadows," he explained pulling up some documents that had clips from security cameras of them in the streets.

"Because your different from the rest, but I'm sure you've known they'd want you more, even though they don't know your hybrids," he looked at them and the teens nodded.

"We're going to Costa Rica after the school years done," Allura admitted.

"What's there?" Coran asked.

"Our grandmother, and it's a safe sanctuary where less mutants and they're civilized," she shrugged a little.

"Yes your mothers side?" Coran guessed and they nodded.

"What do you need to get there safe?" He asked gently.

"New identities, passports, IDs, need to be completely different people, fake a death maybe?" Allura sat on the chair next to her brother and lance shrugged agreeing.

"How soon?" Coran offered.

"Six months," lance nodded.

"Alright sounds good," Coran smiled closing the laptop.

"Just don't get caught and I'll keep in touch, here's my card if you need anything, I'll be close by," he put a few of his cards on the table as he got up.

"Lance, Allura," Coran looked at the twins calmly.

"Keep up the good work, you two have done wonderful keeping this city safe, you have no idea how many family are truly grateful they still have their families with them," he smiled gently and they both smiled a little at the praise.

"I promise, you get what you deserve, there is such thing as good karma," he chuckled fixing his mustache.

"... thank you for saving us, I thought we were going to loose our lives today," lance stepped closer.

"Not today, but be ready for that to happen any day, you have to be more careful now," Coran put a hand on his shoulder gently and squeeze confidently.

"Look out for each other," he smirked at the boy.

"We do," lance offered a smile back loosing his hostility.

Coran left the house and both let out a deep breath neither knew was being held.

"We're so fucked," lance groaned.

"No shit," Allura said flatly.