Tested

"I can't wait to get this over with and go home," Keith stretched his arms over his head as lance was ahead of him and Griffin was behind keith glaring.

"Ye-yea..." lance hugged his body as he shook a little as there was five long lines with students, at the end was a large cubical box for privacy as someone waited inside to take the blood test and send them off.

Lance covered his face and moved his hands over his ears, trying to block out the noise and everything. His blood wasn't even red, he wasn't human, his blood was blue, Alluras blood is pink, Lotors blood was purple, it was obvious who would be a mutant. He couldn't get out of it. The government was going to find them.

Lance inhaled a shaky breath looking around for Allura worriedly. She was in the line next to him with a calm face while romelle was chatting her ear off not worried. But lance knew her stone cold face was to hide her fear, she's always been better at it than him.

"Dude You look pale," Keith grabbed his shoulder and lance jumped.

"I-I just get a little sick feeling with blood and all ya know?" Lance swallowed a lump in his throat as the line moved.

"Had no problem with it dripping down your face," James laughed behind keith.

"Ha guess it's different when you can't really see it," lance stared at the cubical with wide eyes.

"It's just a little blood, you'll be fine," Keith lightly kicked the back on his leg to knock lance out of his own thoughts.

"Sorry," lance whispered looking down.

Keep your head down.

Keep your eyes down.

Don't look.

Don't look like your a suspect.

Head down.

He just wanted to run...

Lance closed his eyes, he's faced monsters ten times his size with no fear, laughed when he almost got his throat ripped out or when a bullet goes past his head. But this was going to end his life, either to die or to be known as a monster forever, to never walk in the day time as a normal teenager. His life was going to end today...

Lance checked his phone and ignored pidges and hunks texts that kept coming in, as well as Plaxums.

L: how much money do we have?

Princess: enough for a one way ticket out of the country

L: we have to dip into dads money, if we get caught that's all we have to get new identities, to just drop everything and leave

Princess: I know... we have to if we're caught..

L: if we're caught just run, don't wait for me, we meet at the diner

Princess: you too, stay safe

L: I love you, stay safe

Lance sighed running a hand through his hair. He couldn't be a coward. He has to accept the massive change that was coming.

"Next!"

Lances head snapped up as he was next. He glanced to the side looking to see Allura was still a good amount of students behind so he'd be first. She gulped looking at her brother, hunk was next to her looking just as terrified as he felt.

"You'll be okay," Keith told him quietly behind him as lance felt like stone. For some reason keiths quiet words made him move forward...

Lance went in the cubical and saw a ginger haired man in a uniform that wasn't police but didn't seem like it belonged to a hospital, the symbol was new.

"Hello young man, can I get your first, middle and last name?" The man seemed chippy as he had a binder with a pen in one hand, a machine to the right of lance as he sat in the chair, the walls seemed sound proof as everyone outside felt muffled.

"I-uh lance Charles mcclain," he pursed his lips.

"Mm alrighty, do you have any Heath hazards I should be aware of?" The man nodded as he wore circular glasses on his nose and adjusted them after he wrote the name.

"I have asthma?" Lance answered calmly.

"Have you taken any medication or other substances in the past few days?" He asked with a kind smile.

"No sir," lance shook his head.

"Perfect!" He beamed brightly.

"Alright now just stick your hand in this little machine, put your finger on the dot and it'll be a little pinch and we'll be all set to go!" The man nodded with a smile as he motioned to the machine.

"Um I uh... I can't, I'm kind of afraid of blood," lance felt his anxiety tingle his spine as he hesitate. Shit he probably gave himself away already.

"No worries just close your eyes, you won't even see the blood anyways," the man told him gently and lance sighed shaking his head and stuck his hand in. He was done for.

Lance felt a needle quickly prick his finger and the two waited a moment before the light on top turned red. He failed knowing it was suppose to turn green.

"I-I I can take it again, I-" "hold on lad," the man took Lances hand out and stuck his own in.

"Alfor would kill me if I let his boy get caught in front of me," he chuckled as lance felt his heart stop seeing the light turn green.

"M-my dad? How-" "so where's your sister kiddo? I haven't seen any white hair children yet," the man put the blood sample on the paper and stuck it on his page in the binder and looked at Lances hand seeing the blue blood on Lances finger.

"She goes by Al, she has darker hair than me, last name altea," Lance gulped a little, not knowing why he'd tell this man anything.

"Great! I'll go get her and we'll meet at your house alrighty m'boy?" The man smiled brightly and lance hesitatedly nodded and got up dazed and confused.

"I'm looking for ms.altea?!" The man walked out and Alluras head snapped up wide eyes.

"Great, miss your suppose to be in this line, come on," the man waved her over as keith was confused why he was being skipped.

"A-sorry sir," Allura walked in and coran stuck his hand in the machine.

"Alright your good to go Allura," he smiled at her as Allura looked to the side seeing her brother.

"Wait what- what the fuck-" "go on home you two, are there any other students I should be concerned with?" The man asked calmly keeping the smile.

"I-uh they... left..." lance peaked in and the man nodded.

"Alrighty then, that's that, see you in an hour or so at your house," the man nodded smiling brightly.

".... okay?" Allura blinked confused and got up to leave as she went by her twin.

"Do you know him?" Allura whispered to him as they walked out together.

"Not a fucking clue but he's human," lance looked behind them as the orange hair man called Keith in next like nothing happened.

"And he knows?" Allura gulped wide eyes.

"He knows dad," lance nodded with a frown and she inhaled deeply trying to keep the panic off her face.

"We'll see him in an hour then I guess?" Allura breathed.