Two: Audition

CAITLYN
Like always, I'm an early-bird, which means I'm up at 6 am. I checked my clock. I have 4 hours until my audition.
———
At 8 am, I heard Ava open her door and head into the kitchen.

"My audition is at 10 am. I'm gonna go for a walk then come back here, get changed and go." I say grabbing my phone. Ava nods.
———
I go for a walk, before I head back to the hotel. I get changed and check the time. 9:30. I have 30 minutes before I have my audition.

I grab my phone once I'm done getting changed. I walk out of the hotel and started to make my way to my audition. I arrived at the venue.

"Hi, are you Caitlyn Miller?" A man in jeans and a t-shirt asked.

"Uh yes. Yes I am." I said looking at him.

"Follow me please." The man said. I followed him. He opened double doors to reveal the Duffer Brothers, Joe Keery and Noah Schnapp.

"Please. Take a seat." The man said.

I sat down on the chair in front of the table.

"I'm Shawn Levy, director of some of the episodes, and this is-" I cut him off.

"-Creators of the show Matt and Ross Duffer, Joe Keery who plays Steve Harrington and Noah Schnapp who plays Will Byers." I said.

They all looked at me.

"Sorry. I love the show and all the actors." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

I saw Shawn write something on his notepad before he continued talking.

"We understand that you want to audition for the show?" Shawn spoke.

"Yes." I said smiling.

"According to you resume, you live in South Carolina, you have starred in many school productions and you can sing, act and dance." Shawn said reading off a sheet.

"I'm originally from LA, California, but I moved to South Carolina to be closer to family. And it happens to be a 3 hour flight from there to here." I said.

"Good to know." Shawn said writing stuff down on his notepad again.

"Now. Lets get right down to the point. You are here to audition for the role of Steve Harrington's sister Avery Harrington?" Matt asked.

"Yes, yes I am." I said confidently.

"Now, you understand that this character is going to be a big part of the season, and she is the love interest of Will?" Ross said.

"Yes. I understand." I said.

"Here are a few lines we would like you too look over for 5 minutes." Shawn said as he handed a sheet of paper to me. He guided me just outside the doors.

"I will come and get you when we are ready." Shawn said as he walked back into the room.

I looked over the paper and started to speak. 5 minutes later, Shawn came back out and brought me in.

Noah left the room.

"Joe will read his lines, and you will read the other lines highlighted." Shawn said.

"Whenever your ready." Matt said as Joe stood next to me. I put the paper on the floor.

Steve (Joe): How was your first day?

Avery: Is it ok if I head to the arcade?

Steve (Joe): Whatever.

Avery: Tell mom I'll be home by 8.

"That was great." Matt said.

"Like before, here are a few lines we would like you too look over" Shawn said as he brought me outside, and like before I started to speak. Shawn brought me back in and he took Joe out.

"Also like before, when you're ready." Ross said as Noah stood beside me. I put my paper down.

Will (Noah): Why don't I recognise you?

Avery: I'm not from around here.

Will (Noah): That's obvious.

Avery: Do you want something?

Will (Noah): I just want to know your name.

Avery: Sorry I don't give my name to strangers.

"That was good!" Ross said smiling.

"That's all for today. We will contact you soon." Shawn said as I shook his hand. I waved as I left the room. I walked out the front door. Without looking, I bumped into someone. I looked to see the tall boy with dark brown eyes staring at me again.

"I'm so sorry." The boy said. I was about to stop him and respond, but once again, he disappeared.

I walked back home and got changed. I spent the rest of the day in my room watching tv. I eventually fell asleep at 10 pm.