Thirty Five: Dirty secret

NOAH
I have to tell her. Caitlyn deserves to know. But if I tell her...then I will never see her again. What should I do? Tell her and she will never talk to me or I keep this to myself and it gets revealed when I don't want it to? Damn it.

It's been over a week and Caitlyn still hasn't come home.

I looked at my phone, seeing an article. It hadn't been published, but it was sent directly to me. I clicked on the text.

Sanchez: Attached a link: Stranger Things actor Noah Schnapp has been caught enjoying time with a girl who isn't his girlfriend. Is Schnapp a cheater?

I read the entire article that hadn't been published yet.

Sanchez: This article is ready for publicity. It's all there. Your call. Do I release this before or after you tell Caitlyn?

She was going to ruin my life.

Me: I will not let you release that article. It will ruin my life but it will be worse for her.

Sanchez: Sorry Schnapp. You don't get to tell me if I publish the article.

Ebony Sanchez is a snobby reporter who likes to twist peoples words. She did it with Tom Holland and Zendaya.

Sanchez: You have 24 hours before I release this article.

I slammed my phone on the floor, angry at the fact that Sanchez was threatening me.

"Noah? Are you ok dude?" Gaten asked as he walked through the front door.

"You just slammed your phone on the ground." Gaten continued.

"It's Sanchez..." I said pissed off.

"Did she release another article? Who's words did she twist this time?" Gaten asked.

"Nothing. Just leave it..." I said, picking up my phone.

I walked out of the room. I walked to my room and clicked on Sanchez' number.

Sanchez: Hello?

Me: Sanchez.

Sanchez: Ahh...Noah Schnapp. What can I do for you? Besides deleting the article.

Me: Please! You have to. Finn broke Caitlyn's heart once and I don't want to hurt her more!

Sanchez: You should have thought about that when you cheated. Do you want to comment?

Me: I-I didn't cheat!

Sanchez: C'mon Schnapp.

Me: Go to hell! I never want to hear from you again Sanchez!

Sanchez: Dually noted. Nice talking to you Schnapp.

The line went dead. What stupid mess have I gotten myself into...

CAITLYN
I was sitting out in. Ava's back yard when my phone suddenly buzzed. I saw the notification but I ignored it, not wanting to look at the text.

"Hey Caitlyn..." Ava said as she sat beside me.

"Hey Ava. Are you free next week on Saturday?" I asked.

"If you wanna hang out then sure." Ava said happily. After a few minutes, Ava walked off.

AVA
As I walked off, I got a notification from my favourite news app. When I saw the title, my heart almost exploded. Stranger Things actor Noah Schnapp has been caught enjoying time with a girl who isn't his girlfriend. Is Schnapp a cheater?

I looked around, making sure that no-one else was around. I clicked on the notification. It hasn't been published...yet.

Noah Schnapp was seen 2 days ago hanging out with a girl who wasn't his girlfriend. When we talked to the girl she said that Noah and her were in love and that Noah's girlfriend could "go to hell".

We talked to Noah Schnapp himself and his response was nothing short of straight forward. Noah said that he "never wants to hear from Caitlyn again". All we know now is that Noah is with another girl and he must have forgotten all about Caitlyn. Stay tuned for more info. For now...this is Ebony Sanchez giving you the truth.

Written by Ebony Sanchez. Damn it. Caitlyn is gonna be so pissed when she finds out...

I put my phone away and made my way to my room.
———
(The next day)
CAITLYN
I had woken up, seeing a notification on my phone. I couldn't see it properly so I just ignored it. I went through the day as normal.

(Lunch time)
I had seen the notification so I clicked on it. Noah's name was posted on the title...and the article was released not long ago. When I saw the title, my heart dropped. Stranger Things actor Noah Schnapp has been caught enjoying time with a girl who isn't his girlfriend. Is Schnapp a cheater?

I took a deep breath in and read it.

Noah Schnapp was seen 2 days ago hanging out with a girl who wasn't his girlfriend. When we talked to the girl she said that Noah and her were in love and that Noah's girlfriend could "go to hell".

We talked to Noah Schnapp himself and his response was nothing short of straight forward. Noah said that he "never wants to hear from Caitlyn again". All we know now is that Noah is with another girl and he must have forgotten all about Caitlyn. Stay tuned for more info. For now...this is Ebony Sanchez giving you the truth.

I looked up, a tear in my eye.

"Caitlyn? Are you ok?" Ava asked.

"Did you know about this?" I asked as I showed Ava the screen.

"No" Ava said. I (still in my pyjamas) raced out of the house and walked down to my house. I slammed open the door. I saw Noah.

"HOW DARE YOU!" I said as I pushed Noah. As soon as he saw my phone screen, his eyes widened.

"Caitlyn...it-" I cut him off.

"-You cheated on me?!" I screamed.

"It's not what it looks like!" Noah said.

"I get it. I'm not good enough for you! Well you know what Noah? You get exactly what you want. We're over!" I screamed as I ran out of the house, balling my eyes out.

"CAITLYN!" Noah yelled. I didn't stop. I ran straight back to Ava's house in tears.