Thirty Three: Arguments

CAITLYN
All I could see was Noah and Finn bickering. How did it get to this point? Why is my ex-boyfriend arguing with my boyfriend?

Let's go back to a week ago.

(Last week)
I was sitting between Noah and Finn, since they haven't been very cooperative lately. Noah has his hand on my leg while I ate popcorn and Finn was glued to the tv. I wasn't interested in what was on the tv, and the remote was on the other end of the table, so I made the mistake of...

"Can someone please pass me the remote?" I asked as the room went silent. Both Noah and Finn put their hands on the remote and looked at each other. All I could see was two boys who hated each other staring at one another. I defused the situation by grabbing it for myself.

*24 hours later*

I could hear someone yelling, so I went to check it out. I walked closer to see Noah and Finn fighting, so I decided to intervene.

"Both of you shut up!" I yelled as the boys stopped fighting. They both left opposite to each other.

(The Present)
"Maybe you should intervene?" Millie asked as she put her hand on my shoulder.

"If she intervenes then the chances of her getting hurt is even more likely. Either Noah or Finn could end up hurting her by mistake..." Sadie as she stood in front of Millie. I got up from where I was positioned and I looked at them.

"I can't tell if you've noticed...but she doesn't love you anymore!" Noah yelled as he poked Finn in the chest.

"She loves me...but you've clouded her better judgment!" Finn said as he pushed Noah.

I felt my heart break.

"Stop it!" I yelled. Noah pushed back.

I could see Finn's fist becoming tighter, so I grabbed his arm before he could punch Noah.

"Let go of me!" Finn said as he pushed my away. I fell to the floor, knocking the coffee table which had a vase on top, causing it to fall and smash. I covered my head, but a shard of glass cut the arm covering my head.

"Caitlyn!" Noah shouted, but before he could help me, Finn punched him right in the face. After hearing all the commotion, Gaten and Caleb both grabbed Finn and Noah to try and stop the situation before it got worse, while Millie and Sadie came over to me and helped me up.

I attempted to speak, but the boys were still trying to go at each other, so I went upstairs and slammed my door.
———
30 minutes later and both Finn and Noah were still fighting, this time verbally and not physically (thank god). I made my way downstairs with a suitcase and bag in hand. I made my way to the front door as I watched Noah and Finn fight. I let a tear slip down my already puffy red cheeks (from crying before).

"Caitlyn?? Where are you going??" Noah asked as he stopped. I took a deep breath and I tried to hold back tears.

"I'm leaving..." I said.

"What?? Why?!" Finn asked.

"A-All you two do i-is fight! Until you t-two can learn to behave n-nicely around me and around e-each other, I'm not staying h-here..." I said trying to keep myself from bursting into tears.

"Caitlyn wait!!!" Both Noah and Finn yelled as I opened the front door and shut it behind me.

I walked to the house next door and Ava let me in.

"Are you ok Caitlyn?" Ava asked as she shut the door behind me.

"Noah and Finn are fighting. They never stop!" I put my bag and suitcase next to her couch. I sat down and buried my head in my hands as I let a tear slip. I felt Ava wrap her hands around me as she helped calm me down.
———
At around 9pm, Millie, Sadie, Gaten and Caleb came over and they spent a few hours here, even staying for dinner.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow..." I said as I left the dining room. I walked upstairs to Ava's room.

AVA
I watched as Caitlyn left the dining table and walked upstairs.

"Sorry guys...she's just a little overwhelmed. Do you guys wanna meet her at the park at 11am tomorrow?" I asked as I cleaned up.

"Yeah sure. We'll keep Noah and Finn away from her for now." Caleb said as he grabbed his jacket.

"Hey Ava. Don't tell Caitlyn, but Sadie and I were planning to teach Finn and Noah how to behave around her..." Millie said as she grabbed her phone off the table.