Twenty Six: 6 months later

CAITLYN
It's been 6 months since I broke up with Finn. He started dating Iris once he realised that I wasn't gonna be with him. We haven't talked since I broke up with him and I think that hurt him.

Sadie and Caleb started dating for the first time, Millie is seeing someone even though she won't say who, Gaten has a girlfriend, Noah and I...well I don't know.

We have been hanging out a lot, as friends, but I feel like we've been getting closer. He acts like I'm the only girl in the world and I love it. I act like I would do anything for him. I'm pretty sure I now have feelings for the boy I fell in love with as a boy.

NOAH
I want to make Caitlyn feel special. She's my best friend, and we've been hanging out a lot and I think I like her-no...I love her.

I walked downstairs to see Caitlyn making some food. I snuck up behind her and scared her.

"Jesus christ Noah! You scared the living daylights out of me!" Caitlyn said holding her chest. One thing I noticed was the fact that Caitlyn never/rarely swears. Not even in the worst situations.

"Sorry Cait..." I said pouting. Caitlyn giggled as she played the food she made.

I took her fork and took a bite out of her food.

"Hey! Get your own!" Caitlyn said grabbing the fork back from me. I tickled her which made her burst out laughing.
———
I want to ask Caitlyn if she wants to go on a date with me, but the only problem is...I don't know how to ask her. I confined in Millie and asked her, but she said I needed to "follow my heart"...which might be a problem.

I wonder how Finn asked her on a date...maybe I could get Millie to ask her?

I went and talked to Millie, asking if she could find out how Finn asked Caitlyn out, and she reluctantly agreed.

10 minutes later, I receive a message from Millie.

Millie: I got an answer to your question.

Me: And??

Millie: Finn a single rose (Her favourite flower), he wrote a note to go with it and when she found it, he asked her...

Me: If I do that she'll be kinda suspicious.

Millie: Find out her favourite baked treat.

I clicked out of her name and tried to find Mrs Miller's phone number (I did eventually). I called her and found out what Caitlyn's favourite baked treat it, which is vanilla choc-chip muffins. I got to baking.
———
After half an hour of cooking and an hour of waiting, the muffins were done. I took them out, writing the note. I left a side note for Sadie, Gaten, Millie, Caleb and especially Finn.

CAITLYN
After 2 hours, I walked downstairs to the kitchen. I noticed a single plate with a vanilla choc-chip muffin on the bench.

Millie must have made a batch and left one for me, how sweet.

I made my way over to the muffin, picking it up and taking a bite. Holy moly this is amazing!
I closed my eyes as I enjoyed the muffin, but I saw a note for me, so I picked it up.

Caitlyn,

Millie gave me the idea and I knew your favourite baked treat so I hope you enjoy😊

-Noah

Noah? He cooked the muffin? Wow...I never knew he could cook.

I smiled as Noah entered the room.

"I see you found the muffin and note..." Noah said smiling.

"It was very delicious. Nice job!" I said happily.

"I wanted to ask you something..."
Noah spoke.

"Yeah? Is something wrong?" I asked confused.

"N-No! Nothing's wrong—" Noah stopped talking for a moment before opening his mouth again.

"Do you want to go out with me? I-It's just that...we've been hanging out a lot recently and...—" I cut him off with a smile.

"Of course I will go out with you." I said placing a kiss on his cheek before leaving the room. I took the note with me, taking a picture and posting it.

Noah cooked for me, created a delicious muffin and wrote me a note! He really deserves a date with me...

I pressed post and smiled at the photo.

Within a minute, 6,000 people had liked the photo and commented. I read ones that stuck out to me.

User456 OMG Noah is so lucky!
Bylerfan01010 I hope everything goes well.
milliebobbybrown Congrats @noahschnapp🥳😁

I stopped when I saw a particular comment.

finnwolfhardofficial 😞😔

Why would Finn post this? I thought he was with Iris? Why does he care that I'm going on a date with Noah? Does he still love me?

I pushed all of the thoughts in my head away before scrolling through Instagram.

Oh my...I'm going on a date with Noah Schnapp...