Thirty Seven: Accident

CAITLYN
(HOSPITAL- 7 pm)
I was currently sitting in a hospital room, with Finn hooked up to lots of machines. I had been here for 4 hours and my friends have come and gone. I have forgiven Finn and Noah since they were both misunderstood.

My hands where tightly intertwined with Finn's since we have a long and complicated relationship. I was siting down, crying as Finn laid on the bed, lifeless.

(EARLIER THAT DAY)
I had been awake for a couple of hours and I was still home since I had a day off from filming. Tom was in bed, still peacefully sleeping while I was watching Netflix on the TV.
———
30 minutes passed and I looked up, 2:45. Just as I as about to stand up, Tom entered the room, looking tired.

"How long was I out for?" He asked as he sat beside me.

"It's currently 2:45pm." I said, slightly smiling. We watched more tv for 5 minutes, before I got a call.

Me: Hello?

Unknown: Hello. Is this Ms. Miller?

Me: This is she.

Unknown: Hi Ms. Miller, this is Doctor Corby.

Me: Finn's doctor.

Me: Is there something wrong?

Dr Corby: Yes. Finn has just been admitted to the Vancouver Memorial Hospital. He was shot.

Me: I-I'll be there as soon as I can.

I hung up the phone, my eyes widened with fear.

"Caitlyn? Caitlyn what's wrong?" Tom asked as he rushed to me.

"Finn's been shot..." I said. I grabbed my bag, my shoes, a jumper and some pants before I grabbed my keys and rushed out to my car.

"CAITLYN!" Tom yelled.

I felt my phone buzz.

Tom: Caitlyn...you shouldn't have rushed out like that.

Me: Tom can you do me a favour?

Tom: Of course...anything for you.

Me: Call all of my friends and tell them what happened.

Tom: Of course I-

I hung up the phone, driving straight to the hospital. As soon as I got out of my car, a wave of paparazzi bombarded me with cameras but I pushed past them to get inside.

"Hello?" I asked, standing at the reception.

"How can I help you?" A nice older lady asked.

"Finn Wolfhard was admitted here just a few minutes ago...where can I find him?" I asked.

"Just a moment." The nice lady said. She typed on her computer before looking at me.

"He is still in surgery. We can let you know as soon as he is stable enough for visitors." The lady said.

I took a deep breath in and out before I sat down.
———
After what seemed like hours, a man in blue scrubs walked up to me.

"Hi Ms Miller..." Doctor Corby said as he smiled.

"Is he ok?" I got straight to the point.

"He is going to be fine. He has been in his hospital room for an hour now and he seems to be stable enough for visitors." Doctor Corby said. I walked past him and searched for Finn's room. I found a room with one bed and I saw Finn's signature curly black hair. I walked in, seeing a lifeless Finn laying on the bed.

"Hey Finn. I don't know if you can hear me...but it's me Caitlyn. You were shot and they successfully took the bullet out of your body. I came here as soon as I found out. Funny thing is I'm still your emergency contact..." I said, my face trying to smile at the fact that he was ok.

For the next 4 hours, I sat beside his bed as our friends came in and went out.

(PRESENT- 7 pm)
I was in the same position I had been in when I got here. Holding Finn's hand as his monitors showed no change. Tom eventually came back, with a bag full of clothes. I got changed as Tom left again to get me some dinner. As I got changed, I saw something move, but when I went back to check it out, nothing had changed.

"Hey Finn. I'm still here. I know you can hear me...and I want you to know that I wont be leaving until you have woken up..." I said, my hand tightening.

I ended up staying in the hospital over night but there was still no changes. I watched Finn as his monitors didn't change, which really hurt my heart.