Sixteen: Problems (Part 2)

A/N: There are some POV (Point Of View) changes. Sorry.

------------------------------------------------------
FINN
"Zolpidem. It's a sleeping drug. It causes the victim to fall into a deep sleep, like sleeping beauty. Unfortunately, we don't know when she will wake up..." The doctor said.

"How the hell is she intoxicated? Caitlyn has never taken drugs!" I said getting angry.

"If she's never taken drugs...then why is she intoxicated?" Sadie asked.

"Why didn't I think of this before?!" Gaten said.

"What is it Gaten?" Millie asked.

"She hasn't done drugs right?" Gaten said. We all nodded.

"Well...what if she didn't know that she did them?" Gaten said.

"What?" Millie asked confused.

"In many CSI/NCIS episodes, a victim can be drugged without them knowing or feeling it. Usually a person is drugged using a needle which could be felt. But...there are some instances where an ex or someone crazy will spike a drink the victim will consume." Gaten said.

"Wait...you're saying that someone spiked Caitlyn's drink?" Caleb asked.

"Yep." Gaten said.

"Wait...I saw a bottle of water on her bedside table earlier. Maybe that was spiked!" I said.

"The question is...who. Who would spike her drink?" Sadie asked.

"I know..." I said speaking up.

"Who?!" Millie asked.

"Remember the day that Caitlyn 'tripped over'?" I asked.

"Yes..." Everyone said except Millie.

"She tripped over?!" Millie said in anger.

"Not now!" Sadie yelled.

"In true fact, a girl named Brittany King tripped her on purpose. Apparently, Brittany hates Caitlyn because Caitlyn stole the role she wanted. It was her versus Caitlyn for the role. I remember Caitlyn telling me that Brittany had confronted her two days earlier. Between Caitlyn arriving at the set and getting to her trailer, Brittany had plenty of time to spike her drink." I said.

"But...I'm pretty sure Caitlyn would have drunk from it a lot over 2 days." Caleb said.

"That's not true..." Millie said.

"Over the 2 days, Caitlyn kept forgetting to bring her water to set, so I let her drink from mine. That's probably why nothing happened earlier. And since her drink was spiked, the sleeping drug wouldn't have completely dissolved. The drug would have been mixed in with the water, making it impossible to tell the difference. The only way of telling that something is off, is by smelling it, but since drugs...especially sleeping drugs don't have a smell, it's impossible to tell any difference." Millie confessed.

"So...Caitlyn though she was drinking water, but it was spiked water...great..." Sadie said.

"What are we gonna do about Brittany?" Caleb asked.

"I don't know..." I said.

"What about the show?! The Duffer Bro's and Shawn need someone to play Avery. Apparently Caitlyn was shooting some very important scenes tomorrow...that can't be pushed back!" Millie said.

"Well...we have to tell Shawn, Matt and Ross of the current situation. Hopefully they can understand?" Sadie asked.

"It could work. I'll call the Duffers, Noah...you call Shawn." Millie said dialling Ross's number.

She walked out of the room and so did Noah. I saw Millie walk down the hall, but Noah stayed just outside.

"Are you ok? You seem distant." Sadie asked putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I-I love her so much and I let this happen..." I said. I let a tear fall.

"Wait. Are you and Caitlyn...you know...dating?" Gaten asked.

"Yeah." I said.

Caleb, Sadie and Gaten smiled.

NOAH
"It could work. I'll call the Duffers, Noah...you call Shawn." Millie said dialling Ross's number.

I followed her outside, calling Shawn. Once he picked up, I told him everything. He was understanding.

When I heard Sadie ask Finn if he was ok, I listened. I put my phone to my ear and walked closer to the door.

"Are you ok? You seem distant." Sadie asked. I saw her put her hand on his shoulder.

"I-I love her so much and I let this happen..." Finn said. My eyes widened when I heard him say 'I love her'.

I kept listening, even though it killed me to know my best friend also loved my crush.

"Wait. Are you and Caitlyn...you know...dating?" Gaten asked. I held my breath hoping he'd say no.

"Yeah." Finn said. My heart sank. It destroyed me to know my crush was dating my best friend.

Pretending I heard nothing, I walked back into the room.

FINN
One second after I told Sadie, Gaten and Caleb that I was dating Caitlyn, Noah walked back in, looking normal as ever.

"Shawn said that because of everything, we all get a week off." Noah said.

Millie walked back into the room.

"Ross agreed that shooting will need to be pushed back, until Caitlyn is better." Millie said.

We all looked at Caitlyn.

"I'm gonna stay here with her..." Finn said.

Everyone nodded.

"I'm gonna stay here too. Just so Finn can sleep and not worry about her waking up while he's out..." Noah spoke up.

"Sounds good." Millie said.

"Call us if something happens." Sadie said as she walked out. Millie, Gaten and Caleb followed her.
———
Noah and I spent the next 4 hours eating food, sleeping and watching out for Caitlyn.

After getting 2 hours of sleep, I heard a voice.

"Finn. Finn...FINN!" I jolted up. Noah looked at me before looking at Caitlyn.

"She woke up from her sleep half an hour ago..." Noah said.

I got up and hugged her.

"I'm so glad you're ok..." I said happily.
———
After 20 minutes, the doctors said she could go home, so Noah and I helped her. Once we got inside, I picked her up and took her upstairs, while Noah got some food. I put her in bed and let her relax.