Forty Eight: The same nightmare

CAITLYN
I run. I run as fast as I can. I have Jack in my hands and I run. I can hear his voice shaming me for everything I've ever done. I can feel my bruises and cuts getting worse. I tried to escape him but I'm too late. I can feel his hands on my shoulder as he pulls me around so I'm facing him.

"LET ME GO!" I scream before I hear a gunshot.

I jolt up, sweating and crying. I try my best to calm myself down and I do eventually. Just as I lay down, Jack cries. I take both him and Mike out of his crib and I take them downstairs, as to not disturb a peacefully sleeping Finn. As I walk downstairs, I see the time.

"5:30 am..." I say as I make food my myself, Jack and Mike.

I decided to call my mom. I've never been good with time zones but I don't care.

Mom: Hey sweetie...what's up. How's Finn? How's the baby?

Me: Finn's fine, Jack is fine. B-But that's not why I called.

Mom: Why did you call?

Me: I-I've been having nightmares...

Mom: Sweetie...everyone has nightmares. It's normal.

Me: My nightmares aren't normal. They happen every night and it's always the same nightmare...

Mom: What is the nightmare about?

Me: I'm running away from Zac while I'm holding Jack. It always ends the same...with a gunshot...

Mom: Have you told Finn?

Me: No...I c-can't tell him. He's worrying about me too much and I don't want to send him over the edge!

Mom: Tell him. He needs to know.

The line went dead and now I was just stuck. I should tell Finn since he's my fiancé, but I can't since he's got too much on his plate.
———
After 3 hours, Finn had finally woken up and he was heading downstairs.

"Hey baby..." Finn said as he kissed me. He kissed Jack on the head and he smiled.

"I-I need to talk to you about something..." I said, my voice beginning to get shaky.

"I-I've been having nightmares..." I began.

"Everyone has nightmares babe. That's normal" Finn said.

"My nightmares aren't normal. They happen every night and it's always the same nightmare..." I said looking straight into his eyes.

"What is the nightmare about?" Finn asked.

"I'm running away from Zac while I'm holding Jack. It always ends the same...with a gunshot..." I said, my eyes starting to water.

Finn hugged me.

"That nightmare is over. You don't have to worry anymore..." Finn said as he kissed me.

For the next 45 minutes, Finn and I talked about the nightmare and we decided that he would take me to a psychologist so I could end the nightmare I was currently living. I was so happy to have a fiancé as loving and special as Finn.

"One thing we could focus on is the wedding?" Finn said as he kissed me.

"Ok." I said.

We had a few things on our checklist.

"Where do you want to get married?" Finn asked.

"I feel like the beach would be the perfect place..." I said.

"That sounds amazing." Finn said.

VENUE- Done

The next thing was a date.

"Any ideas for a date?" Finn asked.

"How about the day we met?" I asked.

"So you wanna get married in 07/11?" Finn asked.

"Yes. I wanna make the day we met a special day..." I said happily.

DATE- Done
———
Hours passed and we had a bunch of wedding details down.

PHOTOGRAPHER- Done

OFFICIATOR- Done

FLOWERS- Done

SUIT AND DRESS APPOINTMENTS- Done

One thing we really needed to figure our was the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

"How about, Sadie, Millie, and Sophia for bridesmaids. Jaeden and Jeremy for bridesmen?" Finn asked.

"And you can have Jack, Wyatt, Chosen, Gaten, Caleb and Noah for groomsmen?" I asked.

We both agreed and we would tell them tomorrow.

GROOMSMEN AND BRIDESMAIDS/BRIDESMEN- Done

We had more done and we were extremely happy with our decisions for our wedding.
———
A couple of hours later, I had put down Jack for bed and I had gotten changed myself and I went to bed. Finn laid down next to me, hugging me.

I run. I run as fast as I can. I have Jack in my hands and I run. I can hear his voice shaming me for everything I've ever done. I can feel my bruises and cuts getting worse. I tried to escape him but I'm too late. I can feel his hands on my shoulder as he pulls me around so I'm facing him.

"LET ME GO!" I scream before I hear a gunshot.

I jolt up, but this time, Finn was up rubbing my back. He laid me back down and helped me sleep.

I run. I run as fast as I can. I have Jack in my hands and I run. I can hear his voice shaming me for everything I've ever done. I can feel my bruises and cuts getting worse. I tried to escape him but I'm too late. I can feel his hands on my shoulder as he pulls me around so I'm facing him.

"LET ME GO!" I scream before I hear a gunshot. I looked behind me to see Finn dead on the floor.

I jolt up again and cried. I looked over to see Finn not on the bed.

"O-Ow..." He said as he got back up onto the bed.

"S-Sorry..." I said as I kissed him. We both laid back down and fell asleep.