Twelve: Trouble in paradise

CAITLYN
It's 10 am and I am currently on set, about to shoot another scene.

"ACTION" Shawn yelled.

*I walked my bike to my front door, throwing it onto the grass*

Steve: How was your day?

Me: Great. Apart from some kids who where staring at me as I was getting my bike.

Steve: Who?

Me: A red head, a kid with a bandanna, a curly haired kid with no teeth, and a tall brown haired kid.

Steve: Ah. So you met Max, Lucas, Dustin, and Mike.

Me: Who?

Steve: Remember what happened 6 months ago? With the whole mindflayer thing?

Me: Oh.

"CUT! That was awesome!" Matt said clapping.

"The next scene will be with the group and Avery..." Ross said.
———
"ACTION!" Shawn yelled.

*The next day*
*I'm walking to class, when the group stops me*

Me: I have to get to class.

Mike: Can we talk to you? In private?

*I walk off*

Max: I guess that's a no.

I see Brittany King walking down the hall. I roll my eyes as my character walks to class. But I don't get away that easily. Brittany smirks as she walks past me. Within a second, I'm on the floor in pain.

"Caitlyn?!" Both Finn and Noah yelled.

They both sat me up. I put my hand to my head.

"What happened?" Shawn asked.

I looked up at Brittany. She made a 'If you tell, your dead' look.

"I tripped...on my shoelace." I said lying.

Both Finn and Noah lift me up and take me to my trailer.

"Are you ok Caitlyn?" Finn asked.

"Yeah...I'm just a little sore." I said.

"I'll go back and let them know you're ok..." Noah said.

Noah left my trailer, while Finn held an ice-pack to my head.

"What really- or who really tripped you over?" Finn asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Who tripped you?" Finn asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Before you told Shawn, you looked at a girl. You lied." Finn said.

"Fine. A girl named Brittany King tripped me on purpose." I said.

"Wait what? Why?" Finn looked at me surprised.

"When I got a call back, she was the only other girl who got a call back." I said.

"When we met, she said that I should just give up and go home, because I didn't stand a chance of getting the role. But when I did, she was in my trailer on the first day, and she showed up. She got angry that I was playing Avery and that she was cast as an extra. Then she said that I would regret ever stepping foot at the audition, then she said that our little argument wasn't over." I said.

"Wow. She's real crazy..." Finn said.

"Yeah." I said agreeing with him.

"Why didn't you tell Shawn the truth?" Finn asked.

"Because Brittany...she...gave me the 'if you tell, you're dead' look, and I couldn't risk it." I said.

All of a sudden, I felt a pair of soft lips on mine. Finn pulled away. I looked at him. I didn't say a thing...but Finn did.

"I'm sorry...I don't know why I did th-" I cut Finn off by kissing him back.

I pulled away shortly after. I smiled.

"We better get back." I said getting up.

I opened the trailer door and let Finn go first. We made out way back to the set. Sam put some concealer on my head, as well as foundation.

We continued the scene.

"Caitlyn...go home." Shawn said patting my back and smiling.

I nodded and made my way to my trailer. I grabbed my bag and got changed. I took my costume to Anne, before catching an Uber home. I raced inside and made myself a tea. After 5 minutes, I was on the couch watching Stranger Things, while I drank my tea.
———
After 3 hours, the rest of the group came home. As soon as the front door was open, I was already in my bed. I got changed and got into bed.