Forty Three: New special friend

CAITLYN
Life update: Hi, I'm Caitlyn Miller. I'm 20 years old, I'm dating Finn Wolfhard, I have my own movie and I'm with child. I found out that I was to become a mom on my birthday, 4 months ago.

I'm currently 4 months in and it hasn't been fun. I was vomiting every 5 minutes, then when that stage ended, my stomach became bigger. Finn and I were excited to find out that we were expecting a baby boy. We had a name. Jack Jaeden Wolfhard. The director of the movie had no idea that I was with child and I wasn't planning on telling him. Finn and I managed to get home from Paris before I was too far along. We have been living in the house that Tom and I bought with my money. After Tom and I broke up, I managed to get custody of the house and everything inside. I even got the Lamborghini. The only thing Tom got was the Ford.

Finn came home, from learning some French.

"Comment va notre petit garcon?" Finn asked.

"What?" I asked, slightly confused.

"How is our baby boy doing?" Finn asked in English.

"Our baby boy is doing just fine..." I said as I kissed him.

"If you don't mind...I brought a friend home..." Finn said. I was expecting to see one of our friends...but this friend was four legged.

"Finn! You bought a dog?!" I asked.

"I thought our little boy could have a four legged companion." Finn said.

This dog was a small golden retriever. It was up to my knee.

"Have you thought of name?" I asked.

"Yes actually. Mike." Finn said.

"You admitted that your favourite male character in Stranger Things was Mike..." Finn said.

The dog jumped onto the couch and rested it's head on my belly.

"Oh, the vet said that this dog has a special connection with kids." Finn said.

"I have a feeling that this little guy will be hanging around me a lot then..." I said smiling.

For the next 3 hours, while Finn and I watched TV, Mike's head constantly sat on my belly.
———
(A few days later)
Mike is a really good dog. We have him trained. He follows me around the house and he always alerts Finn if something happens. He rests his head on my belly all the time and when I'm not sitting down, I play with him.

"Mike! Fetch!" I said throwing a tennis ball across our yard.

He ran after the ball, bringing back to me in his mouth.

"Baby! Millie and the gang are here!" Finn yelled from the kitchen.

"Mike...stay." I said. Mike stayed in his position and watched as I entered the house.

Once the gang was inside, I opened the back door.

"Everyone...meet our puppy. Mike." I said as Mike ran through the door.

Millie and Sadie especially loved our new addition.

For the next 4 hours, we talked and played with Mike.

"So. Has Mike been trained?" Gaten asked.

"Yes. Finn has trained Mike to follow me around the house...for my safety and it's really comforting..." I said, patting Mike's head.

"Mike's head is on my belly 95% of the time. He really loves to feel Jacks kicks. Mike has been protective over me. He sometimes mistakes Finn for an intruder and he'll attack. It's quite cute actually. That's how Finn got his scar on his arm. It was 10pm and Finn was welcomed home to an attack." I said.

All of a sudden, Mike licked me before looking at my belly. I put my hand to my belly, feeling Jack's kicks. Jack and I talked for a while about why I chose his name as the name for my baby. He was so happy when I told him.

"Jack loves when people come over. He kicks a lot when we have guests..." I said as I made myself some tea.

"I'm really happy for you Caitie" Millie said as she smiled.

Sadie, Sophia, Millie and I were in the kitchen while Finn, Gaten, Noah, Caleb, Jack, Chosen, Wyatt, Jeremy, and Jaeden where in the lounge room watching sports on the TV.

I watched as Finn stopped petting Mike so he got up and ran towards me. I lifted him and held him in my arms as he licked me. Millie, Sophia, Sadie and I petted Mike for ages before I put him down and he sat beside me.
———
After 4 hours, the gang went home, leaving me upstairs to get changed. We have 3 dog pillows. One in our bedroom, one in the lounge-room and one outside. He uses the one in the bedroom. Mike sat down on the dog bed next to our bed and he fell sleep. I got changed and so did Finn. I laid in bed and Finn joined me. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Mike..." He said. Mike jumped onto the bed and laid between Finn and I.