Thirty Nine: Finn vs Tom

CAITLYN
Finn had been released from the hospital about a week ago and Tom wasn't happy. Tom kept constantly complaining. I took Finn home from the hospital and I've been helping him get better.

"I love you baby..." Finn said as he held my hand. I felt horrible since we weren't actually together.

"Finn I-" I was about to continue, but Tom bursted through the door, pissed as hell.

"Get your hand off my girlfriend!" He yelled in his fake American accent.

"What the hell are you talking about? She's my girlfriend!" Finn yelled, standing up.

"You two broke up after you made the shit move of cheating on her!" Tom said, he was trying not to get even more angry, but Finn stood over the line.

"I would NEVER cheat on her! She's the love of my life and she's the best thing that's ever happened to me!" Finn yelled, which caused Tom to run up and jump him. I was surprised at his comment, but I had to focus on the situation.

For the next 10 minutes, all I could hear was the sound of fists pounding against faces.

"STOP IT!" I shouted, but neither of them stopped.

Just as I was about to pull Tom off of Finn, Tom spoke.

"Get off me!" He said as he whacked me in the face, which caused me to fall to the floor. After a few seconds, I knew that my cheek would be red.

"Caity...I'm so sorry!" Tom said as he attempted to help me up, but I pushed him away.

I put my hand to my cheek in pain.

"Y-You hit me..." I said, my eyes starting to water.

"I-I'm sorry!" Tom said trying to apologise.

"W-We're over..." I said. Two boys have cheated on me and I promised myself that I would never ever be hurt by someone again.

"Get out!" I yelled. Tom left, looking heartbroken. Finn walked over and gave me a hug as I cried. I couldn't believe that Tom slapped me.

For the next 4 hours, I was sitting on Finn's couch as he held me, trying to calm me down.

"H-How could he do this to me? He slapped me and he thought that he could just apologise?" I said, my voice slightly cracked.

Finn comforted me and I could hear his heart beating faster as he held me tighter.

"Finn...your heart is beating faster..." I said as he looked down at me.

"Oh...sorry..." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. I paid particular attention to his heart beat and after a while, I had fallen asleep.

FINN
I looked down to see Caitlyn sleeping. I lifted her up, and slowly taken her to my guest bedroom. I laid her down and smiled as laid there, still as a stick.

I left the room.

CAITLYN
My eyes opened to see a large window. I sat up, frightened that I wasn't in my own bed. I slowly got up and made my way out of the room. I saw a picture of Finn up on the wall. I got out to the main foyer and I saw Finn sitting on his couch.

"Hey sleepy head..." He said, turning around to see me.

"How long was I out for?" I asked, looking down to see that I was still in my own clothes.

"2 hours. Don't worry...nothing happened." Finn said as he patted the seat next to him.

He must have believed what Tom said about him not being my boyfriend, since he hasn't attempted to call me anything cute or done anything a boyfriend would do.

"Are-Are you ok Finn?" I asked.

"Yeah...just a few bruises. Nothing too bad..." He said as he hugged me.

"Thanks for protecting me..." He said.

"If I hadn't of stopped Tom...you would be back in the hospital..." I said, my hand on his.

As we sat on the couch, Finn continued to watch his tv while I sat beside him, scrolling on my phone. I saw a picture of Tom getting drunk and kissing another girl, so I shut off my phone and ignored it. Finn made me something to eat and before we knew it, I was 4pm.

"I-I'm sorry that he slapped you. You shouldn't have been treated like that..." Finn said as he grabbed a new ice-pack for my face.

"He was angry." I said. For some reason I was trying to give Finn excuses for Tom's irrational behaviour.

"That still doesn't give him the right to slap you." Finn said.

"Yeah...I guess your right..." I said, thinking about him and I.

Finn went back to watching the tv and I went back to looking at my phone. I scrolled through Instagram and over the course of 2 hours, Tom had managed to call and text me 198 times. I was about to block him, but he then sent me a picture of us on our first date. I deleted the picture and sat there.

"Oh...by the way...I remember everything now." Finn said, not taking his eyes off the tv.