Meet The Islander : Saoirse

Full Name : Saoirse Felicity Oxlade-Chamberlain 
                      (sur-sha)
Born : 20/02/2000 (Portsmouth)
Age : 19
Lives in : Leeds
Occupation : Student & Youtuber/Influencer
Subscribers : 1,240,572
Studying : Dance and Sport Psychology at University of Leeds

How long have you been single?

- 'so I've been single around 3 months now, and despite being only 19, nearly 20.' She winks at the camera, chuckling. 'I have had two pretty serious relationships.'

What are your top 3 turn ons and turn offs?

- 'oh god! my turn ons? definitely good hair, love a bit of long hair if I'm honest. Tall, need someone I can wear heels next to and not feel like the BFG.' Saoirse laughs loudly. 'And good chat. I feel like I definitely don't take myself to seriously and am always having a laugh, so a turn off would be someone who can't match that. Then, I don't like being used to get into football games. Or Little Mix concerts.' She turns, pointing to the camera.

'Which has happened far too many times.'

'And people who eat with their mouths wide open proper gross me out.' She pulls a face, the whole crew laughing loudly as she giggles again.

Tell us more about your family.

- 'I'm really close with all my family. My mum and dad live together down in Portsmouth, which is a long long way from Leeds. But, I have two brothers, who both play professional level football, that live a lot closer so it's all good.' She grins.

'I think, growing up with them has definitely given me a tough skin, like I can go into the villa and will not take any shit from the girls or the boys. But I can definitely give it straight back in that situation as well.'

What are your hobbies?

- I've got quite a few hobbies actually, I've danced since I was literally 2 years old. Growing up, I was always forced into playing football because I was just surrounded by it 24/7.' Saoirse sighs.

'I still am if I'm honest.'

Shaking her head. 'But I've kind of dabbled in athletics, track running, and at one point I was almost considered for the GB Gymnastics team, to compete at the Olympic Games in Rio. Then I fell off the beam and broke my ankle at training.' She laughs sarcastically, holding a joking thumbs up.

Lastly, what are you hoping to gain in your time on Love Island?

- 'Wow, uhh. I think, I'm definitely stepping out of my comfort zone. A lot. But I do really want to find someone that I can just be happy with. My last relationship wasn't pretty at all and even though I'm only 20 odd, I'm not messing around, like I'm looking for someone to be serious with.' She nods and the producers give her a nod back.

'If I'm being honest I'm fed up of dating immature, stupid, guys my age. I need someone who's like 25 just to be the same level of mature as I am.' Everyone laughs as they wrap up Saoirse's entrance interview, and the waiting begins.