52

Within minutes, the atmosphere had changed. Siannise and Luke and Paige and Finn had had their last interviews and were standing either side of Laura.

This was it.

In two minutes, the best 8 weeks of my life would be over. I'd have to go back to my normal life.

'The winners of Love Island 2020, is.........

'PAIGE AND FINN!!'

We all scream and the couple hug, stood in shock as Siannise and Luke congratulate them before they run over to hug us and we watch the last part of the show.

'Now. The ultimate test.'

Laura is given two envelopes. One of them containing the massive 50k.

Paige opens her envelope and dances around with her tongue out jokingly as she turns it around to reveal she has the money.

Finn cringes, scratching his head as his envelope reads a big fat donut.

'Bet he's sweating now.' I mumble as the others around me laugh.

'Paige. The all important question. Are you here for love or money. Would you like to split the £50,000 with Finn, or keep it all for yourself?'

Laura asks and we all hold a breath as Paige seems to consider it, jokingly.

'I guess we'll split it towards that flat in Manchester.' She smiles and we all cheer again, running over to our best friends as Laura closed the last show of the series.

'I love youse all so much. I can't wait to spend time with you all and not worry about farting on camera.' I pretend to wipe a tear as everyone laughs and we watch the villa start to be cleared instantly.

Walking out of the huge doors for the final time felt extremely strange.

It'd literally changed my life.

The person I was when I walked in was so different to the person who walked out.

I was so naive, so scared to trust anyone, I was 19, I didn't have many friends, I'd never felt anything like the many emotions I'd felt inside the villa.

The betrayal, the anger, the sadness.

But the pure friendship, happiness and adoration I had for my islanders. That was insanely special.

And Luke.

I was so so lucky. My heart skipped a beat whenever I saw him, he was just perfect. I couldn't find a single flaw.

And believe me, I'd tried the first few days he was in the villa. Tried to find something that would put me off him.

But ultimately, there was nothing.

It was almost as if he had literally been hand crafted and gifted to me on a plate. Everything I could've ever wished for.

'You alright?' He asked quietly, the two of us sat in a car with Luke T and Siannise as we drove away from the villa for the last time.

'Yeah. I'm gonna miss it, so much.' I smiled sadly, Luke pulling me into a cuddle, the villa leaving my eyesight.

'All the memories. All the people.'

I sighed, leaning into him as I closed my eyes. 'We're gonna make so many more memories. Ones that don't remind you of that time you got your heart ripped out on national television.' He shrugs and I laugh, shaking my head.

'Hey. I promise. Even as soon as we're at the hotel, we'll go straight to Siannise and Luke T and all have a sleep over.' He wipes under my eyes and I nod, smiling as I wrapped my arms around his waist.