Chapter 8: Released!?

Note: this is basically a skip of one week and a half before the month ends. This takes place 5 days before Yeonjun is supposed to be released. So don't be too confused by this chapter. It's just to move the plot forward. And also, I don't know how rehabilitation centers work so I'm sorry if I'm completely wrong when writing about it.

Yeonjun's Pov

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I groaned in annoyance to my alarm reaching to snooze it. 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"Omg just shhhh!". I yelled. I hit the snooze button and then drifted back to sleep. 

"YEONJUN!".

"AHH!". I screamed and fell out of bed startled. "Jaehyun! Why would you scare me like that!?". I asked. "It's one of your work days! You always tell me to make sure you actually wake up to your alarm". Jaehyun explained. I groaned softly and nodded. Time to start the day. I got up from the floor and walked to the bathroom to wash up. "I'll go wait downstairs for breakfast. See ya!". "Bye Jaehyun". I said. I washed my face, combed my hair, brushed my teeth and put some casual clothes on. It was a work day. So that meant I did some dance practice for next month, go to therapy, help Jaehyun with his therapy, record a tape and then just water the garden. Seemed like a lot, but……..it was actually never enough. I often got bored or just got deep in my thoughts. 

I walked downstairs to go meet with Jaehyun in the cafeteria. I saw him waving and quickly walked over, greeting good mornings as I passed by people. "Ayee we can eat now!". Jaehyun exclaimed. I smiled and gestured for him to follow me. Man was I hungry. "How did you sleep?". Jaehyun then asked. I hummed a bit. "Good…..but..….I just had a dream". I answered. "Was it a nightmare?". I shook my head. "It wasn't bad. But it wasn't good". We both sat down with our trays and Jaehyun told me to continue on. "It was about me and Huening Kai…….we were doing just fine…...seemed real and quite normal". I explained. "But something weird happened huh?". Jaehyun insisted. I nodded. "He told me these exact words……….You have to help me Yeonjun Hyung. Before I accidentally fall or even jump……...and then my alarm went off before I could say anything". "Wow, that's…...kinda worrying". Jaehyun responded. I nodded. "I don't know if I should take it seriously". I said concerned. "I mean…..dreams always have some sort of meaning…….I would take it seriously. Not too much though. Because that would make things worse". Jaehyun explained as he ate his hash browns. I nodded and took a bite of eggs. "I just hope I don't have to worry about it". I sighed and then ended the conversation to continue eating. _____________________________________

I had already practiced some dance for about 2 hours. I didn't need a lot of time since I would have time when I got back. I usually did like 30 minutes when it's weekdays. I always thought that when I get back, we were probably gonna work our asses off like before. Sleeping in the practice room. Working from 9 am to 10 pm. I know. A long time. But we were idols. And we only had about a week to learn like 3 new choreographies. We would attend a couple award shows performing the same songs of course. Then we needed to do our Japan promotion, and release new content that I guess Bang Pd didn't want us knowing about yet. I keep saying us and we…….it kinda makes me sad. Because I technically am not with them and I don't know if I will be sooner. What if all of a sudden, I got worse. I shook my head pushing aside the negative thoughts. It was time to go to my therapy. It started in 10 minutes. I stood by the door waiting for me to be called.

"Choi Yeonj- oh! Hi Yeonjun!". My psychologist greeted. He smiled and politely let me inside. "We're just gonna over how you feel, why and then talk about Jaehyun. It says that you've progressed quite a lot so there isn't much therapy necessarily needed in your case but anyway, let's start!". He explained. "So how has your week been?". My psychologist asked. I thought for a few seconds then answered. "Hmm pretty good! I feel relaxed and fine. Nothing wrong has happened and even if it did, it wouldn't be as bad as before". "Better than that other week huh?". I nodded. He was referring to the week that I found out Huening Kai had overdosed on accident. "Are you recovering well from that week?". My psychologist asked concerned. I nodded somewhat. "Yeah, I'm still a little worried but…...Camren said Hyuka was okay and he didn't do it again". I explained. He nodded and then looked over his sheets. "Do you feel like you've gotten better? Like you're ready to be released?". "Yeah actually. I've gotten so much better. Now I wouldn't rush it or try to jump to conclusions about my health but I do believe that I could be released as planned. I mean, I've completed all my therapy and my mental health has gotten better over the past month". I smiled awkwardly and then looked at my psychologist who was smiling as well. "I'm glad you think that…..but anyway! Uh we need to talk about Jaehyun". I nodded as he pulled a paper out to give to me. I looked over it and my smile fell. "He didn't do so well in his last therapy……..he ended up hitting his psychiatrist and then cussing out his counselor. Did he tell you that?". I sighed and shook my head. "I thought he was getting better…". I murmured. "And he is. But…...he seems to just not be in it everyday. But….. that's just him…….you can't actually cure something fully if it has something to do with things like that". My psychologist explained somewhat vaguely. "So…. he'll never get better?". I asked disappointed and concerned. "He will! It just takes long. But it's not gonna completely go away. He'll still get mad and maybe try to hurt whoever but we've come to notice, he stops himself". "But…..why do you always tell me about his sessions? I can't do anything about it". I said. My psychologist looked at me and lifted his eyebrow. He sighed and then spoke softly. "Jaehyun trusts you Yeonjun. More than anyone in this whole center. You may think, maybe he trusts his psychiatrist more since she knows much more but…...it's different. He's forced to because he needs to get better. But with you, he treats you as a friend and will be willing to talk to you about things. For some unknown reason, he values your perspective and trust more than anyone. We tell you all this because we hope that you can encourage him to try more and trust us so that his treatment can go faster and he can be happier outside of this center. Same with you……..before now, we had to get Camren to be here everyday because you only trusted her but..….when you opened up and were willing to try harder for your loved ones, everything got easier. Get the point I'm going at?". I nodded and then made a serious expression. I only thought about what he said now even though I was probably tuning him out. "Alright, you can leave now Yeonjun. Think about what I said". "Huh?". I said as my psychologist lead me out the door. "Oh, okay bye". I said bowing. 

"Let's go find Jaehyu-". "YO YEONJUN". looks like he found me. I could see Jaehyun rushing to me looking out of breath. He reached me and then told me to give him a minute. "Jaehyun? Why are you running so fast? You could've just walked". I asked. He shook his head. "Camren is here….Woo!..... she's...asking for y-you…..now". He breathed out. I made a confused look. "Really?". I asked. "Yes!". Jaehyun exclaimed. He grabbed my wrist and then dragged me off running. "Slow down Jaehyun!". I yelled. "I GOT HIM CAMREN". He shouted, pushing me into a room. "Thanks Jaehyun! You can go rest now". A female voice said. Then Camren walked next to me, startling me. "Ah!". She laughed and smiled. "Hi Yeonjun". "Oh, hi Camren". I greeted, sitting down. "I know you technically don't need to see me anymore butttttt…...I have news for you. We all do". Camren explained. "We?". I questioned. Then it seemed like the whole staff I knew and the managers walked in the room smiling at me. "What's happening?". I asked surprised. "Yeonjun". Camren said walking closer. She smiled widely at me and then threw her hands up. "You're being released!". Wait…….WHAT!? RELEASED!? HOLY SHI-

A/N: Hello Y'all ;) how's the story going???? Lol Love ya guys! Don't forget to vote and follow me! 😁💜