Chapter 16: Official Work Day

Third Person POV

Huening Kai stood on top of a building, unknowingly really. He looked around, confused with a uneasy feeling in his stomach. He didn't know why. But he felt like something was definitely wrong. "Hello? Is anybody here?". He quietly asked, taking a free steps forward. This roof was really big actually, and the view was beautiful. Huening Kai just wished he knew why he was here. "Hello!". He said, shouting. Huening Kai sighed to the no response and felt more fear building in his stomach. "Huening Kai?". A voice suddenly said, startling the younger. Huening Kai turned around to see Yeonjun. "Yeonjun Hyung?". He questioned. "Baby.......what are you doing here? I've been looking for you". Yeonjun said, a worried expression on his face. "I.....I don't know H-hyung". Huening Kai looked at Yeonjun with a scared look, he tried to walk forward to hug him but he was stopped by a figure walking in front of him. It took him a few seconds to comprehend it but what stood in front of Huening Kai, was himself. Just older maybe? He furrowed his eyebrows, breathing heavily as his anxiety built up. "W-who are y-you?". He asked. "Isn't it obvious?.........I'm you dumbass". The figment replied, crossing his arms with an attitude.

"Huening Kai? Baby, are you okay?". Huening Kai looked at Yeonjun, barely remembering he was here. "Hyung? D-don't you s-see him?". He asked, pointing at the figment of himself. Yeonjun tilted his head in confusion and then shook his head. "Maybe we should go home baby. You seem anxious and.....and exhausted". Yeonjun suggested, reaching his hand out. Huening Kai straightened his face out and then attempted to walk past his figment to Yeonjun. But the younger couldn't. It was like his feet was stuck to the ground, or there was a powerful barrier in front of him. "Baby it's okay. Just walk forward". The older said. The younger whimpered and shook his head. "I can't Hyung!". Huening Kai grunted softly as he tried to move his feet forward but it was no use. "Stop struggling so much. It's not gonna work". The figment of himself said, rolling his eyes.

"You're supposed to be down there. Not over there with Hyung". He said, pointing over the roof. "W-what?". The figment chuckled in a way that made Huening Kai want to shut his eyes and just cry. "Come on Huening Kai. Walk backwards". "Why?". Huening Kai didn't seem to have a choice as his figment walked towards him. He backed away, not wanting to be any near this clone of himself. "What are you? Why are you me?". He asked, trying to force some answers out. "I'm you. I'm basically like your conscious. So when I tell you to do something. You fucking do it". The figment explained, his smile slipping away. Huening Kai began to breath heavily as he got closer and closer to the roof's edge. "Huening Kai! What are you doing!? That's dangerous!". Yeonjun yelled. "Hyung! Help me! Please!". Huening Kai responded, tears in his eyes. "Stop being such a baby Huening Kai. It's annoying. Even to me.......and I'm you". The figment pushed Huening Kai to wear the roof ended, a small wall stopping them from going further. "You don't belong here Huening Kai. Which is why I'm telling you to turn around and step on that ledge........ you're gonna jump". "What?....".

Huening Kai's eyes widened, his heart began to beat fast, almost slamming into his chest. "Why would I jump? I would never do that to my hyungs". Huening Kai said sternly. His figment laughed in amusement and looked at the boy with a calm expression. "But you would.......if I told you to.......why?....because I'm your conscious. And I'm telling you jump off that damn ledge. Now". "No!". "FUCKING DO IT!". Huening Kai gasped as his body began to move. He had no control in his body and now he was face to face with nothing but the lights and ground underneath him. His tears turned into waterfalls, streaming down his face as all his fear and anxiety overtook his mind. "Huening Kai! No! DON'T JUMP!". "Turn around and jump". His figment finally said, before disappearing into nothing. Huening Kai looked straight at Yeonjun as he fell backwards. "Hyung! HYUNG! YEONJUN HYUNG!". He yelled desperately, reaching out for him. But Yeonjun didn't reach him. "HUENING KAI! NO! HUENING KAI!!!!". "YEONJUN HYUNG! HYU- AHHHHH!".