Chapter 19: None Of You Gave Up

Soobin's POV

I woke up to the sound of soft crying. It was really early in the morning but I looked around the room to see Huening Kai crying. I immediately became worried and got out of bed, rushing to his side. "Kai? Sweetheart, what's wrong?". I asked quietly. Huening Kai didn't answer and only pushed me off of him. He continued to hug his knees and sob softly. "Huening Kai. Look at me". I softly said. He didn't. "Huening Kai. Please just look at me". I once again insisted. Huening Kai sniffled and wiped his tears away, facing me. I reached over to caress his head gently. "Why are you crying? Isn't Yeonjun Hyung supposed to be comforting you?". I asked, furrowing my eyebrows into a concerned expression. "I-I don't want H-hyung to k-know". He murmured. "Why?". Huening Kai didn't answer me and only looked away, gazing over Yeonjun. I sighed and then put my hands under his knees and shoulders, lifting him up bridal style. "Hyung! What're you doing!?". He yelled in a whispery voice. I carried him all the way to the living room and sat us both on the couch. "Come on, talk to me. I'm your leader, Hyung, and other fake boyfriend. I'm here for you no matter what". I comforted. Huening Kai pressed his lips together, nervously. "Why are you so scared Kai? You know that nothing bad will happen. Last time proved that". I looked at Huening Kai with pleading eyes and a soft expression. He took a deep breath and attempted to speak. "I just......had this dream......and.....it was....it was....like a small nightmare". He started. I titled my head in confusion. "Was it about you jumping again?". I asked. Huening Kai shook his head. "It was about Yeonjun Hyung leaving me......". He then whispered, looking down at his hands. I watched as a few tears left his eyes and he tried to stop his shaking hands. I quick embraced him into a hug, letting him hug me as tight and long as he needed. "Why would you dream of that Kai? Yeonjun Hyung would never leave you". I said. Huening Kai sniffled and started to talk into my chest. "I've really been wanting to talk to him about something and it's....it's really risky and it would be reasonable if he got mad whether in the dream or real life". He explained. I smacked my lips. "Aish........Yeonjun is your boyfriend Huening Kai. He loves you and won't get mad at you. It's not what his job is. He's supposed to listen to you, care for you, being loving towards you and most definitely trust you as well as you to him". "But it's such a big decision and I don't think I can put him through more pain. He's already been through so much both privately and publicly". I pulled away from the hug and then made eye contact with Huening Kai. "What is that you want to talk about to him?". I asked. He hesitated to answer but did anyway. "You know how comeback is coming in a couple weeks?". "Yes". I answered.
Huening Kai took a deep breath before saying, "I want to use that as a chance to publicly announce me and Yeonjun Hyung's relationship". My eyes widened to his words. "Really?". I asked. He nodded. "Why are you so afraid to tell him that?". "Because.......that decision comes with so many consequences and problems a-and......I don't think we can bare any more of this conflict between our relationship". Huening Kai pulled away from me and sat on the other side of the couch, not facing me. "Huening Kai........I don't think you see or understand what you and Yeonjun's relationship is and what it has become". I confessed, making Huening Kai looked at me softly. I reached over and grabbed his hand as I spoke. "Yeonkai is literally a symbol of how commitment and hope can lift up love from the depths of....of struggles. You guys have been through so much together that you symbolize so many things to all the people who've witnessed that. You show people that you don't care what you have to do to be together because your love for each other is all you need in such a difficult world. You guys have come so far and we're all so so so proud. You shouldn't be afraid to take a risk or try to upgrade your relationship, because it will always end with you two and it will always end up being worth it". I pulled Huening Kai by his wrist and hugged him tightly before kissing his head. "You have to remember that you both love each other...........that you both trust each other and will always be there for each other when you need it". I whispered. Huening Kai nodded and then hugged me back, saying thank you over and over. "What would I do without you?". He quietly asked. I chuckled softly and then smiled at him. "A lot probably". Huening Kai giggled and then hugged me again. "Thank you for always being here for me". He whispered. "Anytime sweetheart...".
______________________________________