Rini or NJ?: Water Polo 🏊🏻

Author's Note: Finally an update. Sorry for the pause and the delay on stories. I was on vacation and in a few days I go back to college. I have a ton of ideas for imagines and one shots. Feel free to leave requests and ideas in the comments. New author here.

Background: Nini and EJ have been dating for 2 months. EJ has supported Nini at rehearsals for the winter musical when he has time, so he convinces her to watch one water polo match. It will be fun. Boyfriends and girlfriends support each other, right?

Nini's POV:

"Babe please come to my water polo match. It's the final game before the season ends; it would mean a lot to me. I've been to every single rehearsal for your musical and you look like a star on that stage. Please just one game?" E.J begged as we were holding hands, walking into the boring hallways of your high school. Good thing, Ricky wasn't in the halls he's the last person I want to see after the homecoming incident.

"Sports aren't my thing babe. I'll see you at lunch and rehearsals." I kissed my boyfriend's lips gently. Before E.J could protest the bell rang for first period and I ran off to her first class which was A.P U. S History with my ex, Ricky. He was such a history nerd. I don't even know how I got into A.P history. Probably all that studying with Ricky when I almost failed American History 101 last year.

I was daydreaming about E.J and I in Mr. Martin's history class when I felt a tap on the shoulder from my one of my best friends Ashlyn. She was a huge history nerd and took almost every history class she could at East High. I quietly whispered to her, "What's up?" when the teacher was writing on the board and she whispered back at me, "Ricky is staring at you again."

Didn't he get that we are over. He hurt me. He didn't say those three words two months ago. Then I met E.J at theatre camp and we've been the happiest couple ever.

During lunch E.J and I sat with our usual friend group that consisted of Gina, Carlos, Seb, Ashlyn, and Kortney. Ricky and Big Red used to be at our table, but they moved to a different table near the front doors. Carlos and Seb were flirting again while E.J and I were holding hands and sharing sandwiches, when E.J bought up the same question from this morning again,

"Nini please come to my water polo game today after school. It would mean a lot to me. I know you don't have rehearsals tonight. I memorized the schedule." E.J begged and used puppy eyes to me. Ashlyn was secretly listening to our conversation while eating tater tots and sewing something at the same time.

"Fine. I'll go to just one game. I hate the smell of the pool and I don't even understand the game." I complained to my boyfriend. I wanted to be supportive and the perfect girlfriend, but I honestly wasn't into water polo.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll go with you. You need someone to sit in the stands with and what better person than your best friend. Jacob Arnold is on the team maybe he will notice my makeup today. He's so hot." My best friend Kourtney said while fixing her mascara.

I sat at the table nodding to Kourt. Afterwards I leaned my head on E.J's shoulder while holding his hand; I was tired from all the learning the morning. He kissed my cheek and fed me some apple slices, when all of a sudden, the cafeteria door slams. The whole table turns their head's around and sees Big Red running out the door.

Ricky's POV:

I was eating my tuna sandwich at a table with my best friend Big Red while secretly watching Nini at another table. I missed her so much. I wanted to say those three words so bad that night, but I couldn't. I regret it so much and sometimes I cry about it in my room when my dad goes to PTA meetings. My best friend Big Red was sitting next to me looking at some app on his phone while I was spying on Nini and her new boyfriend, E.J Caswell, when I saw Nini lay her head on his shoulder. I got really upset for some reason. I got my backpack and dropped my half-eaten sandwich in the trash then ran out of the cafeteria.