Rina Imagine: New Girl 😊

Author's Note: Hey guys! Thank you so much for 2.5k reads on this book. I am so glad y'all are enjoying it. I mainly write these for fun or stress relief. I can't wait for season two. All these new cast announcements are getting me so hyped.

if you don't know by now, I am not a rina shipper. This story is dedicated to one of my best friends. Also, look out for more imagines this week. I am at home probably till April 6. Coronavirus sucks. I have spring break this week but after that I have so much online work to catch up on. Even the work from this week.

All rights to the song go to the artist not me. Wash you hands and stay safe. Happy reading. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Ricky's POV:

It's been 3 months since Nini officially broke up with me because of my stupid mistake. I have been heartbroken. Nini was my first crush. My first best friend. My first neighborhood friend. We did everything together, even when we started dating last year. I messed everything up. I heard from some people that she dated E.J Caswell last month but he cheated on her. I saw her so upset every day for two weeks in school, but then something happened, and she became Nini 2.0. I wanted to tell her I loved her, but I couldn't. She needed space and I needed time.

It was the first day back from winter break and Big red and I were walking to first period together when we saw a girl coming out of the Principal's office. I stopped and stared at her but Big Red kept walking, not noticing that I wasn't next to him. She had big poufy hair that looked so beautiful. She wasn't smiling; in fact, she looked like a lost puppy. The bell rang just as I was about to approach her. I decided to talk to her to see if she was lost instead of going to Mr. Mazaraa's boring STEM class.

"Hey are you new? You look a bit lost. Also, nice sneakers. I have a collection myself." I said not noticing my rambling. I used to ramble to Nini when I was nervous.

"Umm yeah. It's my first day and I was given a schedule but no help. Do you know where Mr. Maze's class is?" She said looking down at her schedule.

"It's Mr. Mazarra. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ricky Bowen. And you are?" I said staring into her beautiful eyes.

"I'm Gina Porter. Nice to meet you Ricky. Could you help me get to class? I think we're both late." She said while stuffing the schedule into her bag.

I lead the way to STEM class. Usually, Big Red and I would sit in the back of class and pass notes to each other or fool around, but today I sat in the middle. The only seats left were one next to E.J Caswell and the other next to some freshman honor student. Gina took the seat next to the freshman and I sat by my frenemy. During the lecture Gina smiled at me and from then on, I couldn't focus.

At lunch I sat with Big Red, Ashlyn, and a bunch of the robotics kids. I was munching on my carrots when I saw Gina eating alone in the back of the cafeteria. I excused myself to the bathroom then went over to the table where Gina was sitting.

"Hey." I said, hoping she would recognize me.

"Hey Ricky." She said quietly.

"Do you want to join my friend Big Red and I at a table?" I said staring into her eyes again.

"Ummm sure... I've ummm never really had a friend for more than a few months." She said looking away from me.

"Oh. I'm sorry. You don't have to talk about it. I promise Big Red is really funny and his girlfriend Ashlyn is in like every club at this school. She can introduce you to some people. Come on, eating alone is no fun." I said putting my hand out for her.