Redlyn Sickfic: One day you'll be mine. 😷🤧

Author's Note: SO I looked at the imagines with the most views and they are my sickfics from the very beginning. Here's a redlyn one I thought of at 1:00am.

Ashlyn's POV:

I sat in my bed with a box of tissues and a trash can beside my bed. I have a really bad cold. Utah winters were terrible, and I didn't wear enough layers yesterday. I hardly ever got sick so I was surprised when I woke up with a stuffy nose. I looked at my phone and read the time 8:00. School starts in fifteen minutes. I can't miss the robotics competition today. Im co-captain of EHS robotics team.

I sneezed twice into a tissue then got up to get dressed in my polka dotted sweater and my puffy jacket. Since Big Red got his license, he insisted on driving me to school every morning to get more practice in. I think he just wanted to spend time with me. We didn't live far from school, so he picked me up at 8:05 every morning.

I put my bronze sparkly Ugg's on and grabbed an extra box of tissues as I headed to his car that was parked in my driveway.

"Hey, Big Red. You Excited for achoo! The robotics competition achoo! Today?" I said as I blew my nose to the side.

"Ashlyn are you ok? You look pale and your holding a box of tissues." Big Red said looking at the road.

"It's just a small cold. I'll be fine." I said congested.

"Ok." Big Red said stopping at a light to use Purell.

When we got to school. Big Red went to find Ricky before class, and I went to the girls' restroom to blow my nose some more.

When I walked out of the stall I was in for privacy, I saw Gina applying lip gloss.

"Hey Gina." I said congested.

"Are you okay Ashlyn? You sound like a elephant using tissues. No offense." Gina replied.

"Just a small cold. I'll be fine tomorrow."

"Get well soon." Gina said walking off to class.

I blew my nose once more before washing my hands and heading to my first class.

Big Red's POV:

I was eating lunch with Ashlyn when she sneezed into her elbow. Gross. I pulled out my Purell.

"Ashlyn are you sure you have a small cold?" I said looking at her.

"I'm fine don't worry Big Red." Ashlyn said eating her lunch.

"I can drive you home. If you're not feeling well." I offered.

"I can last till after the Robotics competition." Ashlyn said congested.

"Ok whatever you say."

**********

At 4:00pm sharp, the robotics competition had started, and Ashlyn was nowhere in sight. I started to worry about her, not only because she's the co-captain but also because I really like her.

"Big Red do you know where Ashlyn is?" Mr. Mazarra said looking at me.

"I haven't seen her since lunch." I replied

"Go find her. It's urgent!" He yelled at me. Damn he's feisty.

I went to look for Ashlyn down the abandoned halls where her locker was. She wasn't there. I looked in the classrooms and by the front doors. I didn't see her. I walked to the front office where some of the after-school staff were working and went to ask the secretary if she's seen Ashlyn.

"Ashlyn's been sent to the hospital. She came to the nurse's office and said she fainted during 6th period." Miss Jones the secretary said looking at her notes.

"Thank you." Forget the robotics competition. I have to find Ashlyn.

I walked to the school parking lot and got in my Red Volvo. I took off my Robotics team jacket and looked on my phone for the closest hospital to East High. That's where they always took students. I went there once because of a gluten allergy.

When I arrived at the hospital I ran in and a bunch of families were staring at me. I walked over to the receptionists while my hands were shaking.

"I'm looking for my girlfriend Ashlyn Caswell. She was admitted at around 2:00pm." I said really fast to the nurse at the desk.

Ok so she wasn't my girlfriend yet because I haven't asked her but I thought of her as one.

"Hold on one sec." She said looking through some files.

"She's in room 180. Nurse Amy can take you back there, but you have to wear gloves and a facemask." The nurse said as she picked up the phone that was ringing.

Why did I need to wear a mask and gloves? Was Ashlyn ok? Did E.J know? Did her parents know?

I put on the gloves and the mask that were in a dispenser by the wall and followed a blonde-haired nurse to Ashlyn's room.

"We usually only let family member's visit very sick patients but since you're her boyfriend and you were really eager to visit your allowed in for 15-20 minutes. Please keep your mask on and do not touch her. Ashlyn was diagnosed with pneumonia when she came in. It should go away in 2-3 weeks since it's not the worse case scenario. Come to check out when your done." The blonde-haired nurse explained to me.

Wow. Ashlyn was really sick, and I didn't catch it. She should've stayed home from school to get better. I would've bought her homework over and some of my mom's soup.

Ashlyn was sleeping when I quietly tiptoed in and sat in a chair that was six feet away from her bed. She looked so peaceful and beautiful. I didn't want to wake her up so I sat in the chair thinking about how she could catch pneumonia. Usually I was the one who got sick. (Corona quarantine vibes am I right?)

"Hey. You found me." Ashlyn said with a raspy voice as she woke up and stretched her arms. She noticed the IV in her arm and shuddered. She hated hospitals. We never watched hospital related shows or movies when I went to her house.

"The nurse said you're really sick. You got pneumonia from not taking care of your cold." I said through my mask.

Ashlyn sat up as she fixed some of the wires that were attached to her and wiped a tear from her eye. She also never cried when I was around her. This was a first.

"It's going to be ok. You're strong you can get through this." I said as I looked at her.

"I'm scared Big Red. I've never been in the hospital before." Ashlyn started sobbing into her sheets.

"I wish I could come hug you, but the nurse said no touching since you're in critical condition. It looks like their giving you medicine through the IV. It will make you feel better quicker." I said feeling hopeless.

"The medicine makes me tired. I want to go home." Ashlyn whined with a weird voice.

"I know. You'll be home soon. You should get some rest. It's been a long day for you." I said from the plastic chair.

Ashlyn started closing her eyes again. The medicine was kicking in again.

"Big Red promise me that you'll come back tomorrow after school." Ashlyn said as her head hit her pillow.

"I promise I'll be back every day until you get discharged."

"That would be nice." Ashlyn said coughing into her elbow.

"Does E.J know or your parents?"

"My parents are coming soon. One of the nurses told me. E.J doesn't know. Please tell him. Tell the robotics team and our theatre friends too." Ashlyn said closing her eyes.

"I love you Ashlyn Caswell." I said as I closed the lights and walked out the door.

One day I'll get to kiss her and ask her to be my girlfriend.

A/N: We all need a Big Red in our lives.