Ricky Bowen Sad Fic: I'm here for you. No matter what you need. 💔

Author's Note: Hey y'all I hope you're staying productive and safe during this quarantine. I wanted to write something like this. Ricky Bowen is a very relatable character for me. My parents don't have the best relationship but they aren't divorced. This one goes out to all the fans who aren't living in stable homes rn. I understand. I've had a few mental breakdowns this week because of my parents. I hope you enjoy even tho you might cry.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Nini's POV:

"Where's Ricky?"

"He hasn't texted me since we played video games on Sunday." Big Red said checking his phone.

"Haven't seen him at all in the past 3 days. In fact, I actually miss the kid." E.J said looking over at me.

"I'm going to check on him after school then."

****

"Hi Mr. Bowen, I was wondering why Ricky hasn't been in school for the past 3 days, he hasn't responded to my texts or calls either. I also bought some homework for him and some cookies Gina baked." I said looking around the house for him.

"Ah Nini, it's good to see a familiar face. I don't think Ricky wants to be disturbed. We're going through some family stuff right now. I guess you can try knocking on his door. He hasn't come out in a while except to eat or grab a blanket. It's not my place to to tell you." Mr. Bowen said as he let me in.

I walked up the stairs towards the familiar door that still had the poster with truck stickers on it that said "Richard". I made it for him when we were in kindergarten. He hasn't gotten rid of it, even when we fought. He's the best boyfriend, but that's not important right now.

"Ricky can you please let me in. It's Nini. I am really worried about you. All your friends are too." I said in a comforting tone after knocking three times, our secret password.

I heard some shuffling and some sobbing, but the door didn't open. I knew from previous events and arguments that Ricky always locked the door when he needed "Ricky time", but he didn't know that I had the key. Mr. Bowen gave it to me a while ago for emergencies like this.

"I'm coming in if you're not opening the door. Ricky you're worrying all of us."

"Go away Nini."

I heard a very hoarse, terrible sounding Ricky call from the other side of the door. I was shocked and scared. I wanted to leave and cry, but I knew that my boyfriend needed me. The Bowen's have been through a lot these past few weeks. I got the spare key from under the flowerpot next to Ricky's door and unlocked the door.

"Ricky what's wrong? I'm here you can tell me." I wanted to look away from the sight.

My boyfriend had red puffy bags under his eyes. There were tissues everywhere and his guitar was broken on the floor. His sheets were all over the place and he looked so pale. He looked like he'd been crying for days. I just wanted to hug him like a teddy bear.

"Ricky can you tell me what's been going on?" I said pulling him into a hug.

"I'm sorry I told you to go away. I'm sorry I didn't text you back. I'm sorry I haven't been in school or at rehearsals. I..." Ricky mumbled sniffling into my sweatshirt.

"It's going to be okay Ricky. Let me help you clean this mess up. Go shower no offense you stink. We can talk afterwards." I said kindly making him pull me back into a bear hug.

"Thanks, Nins you're the best." He smiled a bit while wiping tears.

****

I cleaned up the gross tissues off of the floor and made Ricky's bed while he was in the shower. The guitar would have to be replaced at a later time. I wondered what he was going through. Lynn and Mike already divorced, and I was there for him throughout the whole experience. I've never seen Ricky such a mess and he hardly ever cried. Except for the one time he broke a bone learning to skate and the time he forgot my 12th birthday.

"Hey, Nini thank you for coming over. I really needed the company." Ricky said walking out of the bathroom only in a towel.

"I'm glad you're feeling better but get some clothes on Richard." I blushed looking away.

To be honest, I've never seen Ricky fully naked. I've seen him shirtless a bunch of times, but this was awkward for me. I stepped out of the room and decided to text the gang about his situation. When I went back in the room Ricky was sitting on his bed with his head in his hands mumbling to himself. He had his favorite hoodie on and a pair of classic Ricky blue jeans. He looked so sad though.

"Ricky, do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

"No. I don't want to talk about it." Ricky said putting his head on my shoulder.

"I know but you might feel better after talking about it. I don't know why you've isolated yourself and cried these past few days, but I want to help you. Ricky you need to talk to someone." I kissed his cheek trying to cheer him up.

"My mom is getting married to Todd." Ricky whispered tearing up and hiding his face with his hoodie."

"Oh Ricky. You should've told someone. At least me or Big Red. We will always be here for you no matter what. Sometimes love doesn't work out the way you expect it to. Like the time we fought."

"But we made up. We're still together."

"Sometimes it doesn't work out like that." I said rubbing circles on his back.

"Nini can you sing to me?"

"Of course."

I sang a verse of Ed Sheeran's "Perfect" and afterwards Ricky fell asleep on my shoulder. One tear fell out of his eye and I wiped it with my pinkie finger. I wanted to take the pain away from him. I couldn't stand seeing him like this. I'll always be there for him. Forever and always.