Rini family Camping Trip: Big news!⛺️🏕

Author's note: This was requested by @Samantha16avery

Ricky and Nini had gotten married straight out of college. Ricky was pursuing his dream job as a music teacher at East High while Nini was a stay home mom and private piano tutor. On their honeymoon they had tried for their first child. They had success, and nine months later Rachel Marie Bowen was born. Nini had trouble getting pregnant the following five years. She thought that it was hopeless and was constantly upset, but one day, she noticed that her period was a week late. Nini took another pregnancy test and was surprised to see the plus sign on the small stick. Nine Months later, the couple was cradling Caleb Micheal Bowen in their arms.

*12 Years Later at the Bowen's*

"Dad, can we go camping this weekend. I'm tired of sitting inside and doing nothing." Their son Caleb asked at the dinner table.

"I don't see why not. That sounds like so much fun." Nini exclaimed from her side of the table.

"I can go and get the supplies today. And I know of the perfect place to make a campsite." Ricky said sipping his morning coffee.

"I don't want to go camping. There's bugs and I want to go to Jamie's sleepover this weekend." Rachel whined while eating her eggs.

"We can take a short trip and come back in time for Jamie's sleepover on Sunday. Dad will take you. I have a piano client that day." Nini said drinking her water.

Rachel stomped off to go brush her teeth and get ready for school, while Caleb sat at the table finishing his toast.

"Before we know it, we will have a teenager on our hands." Ricky sighed as he put his Coffee mug in the sink.

"I know. It's going to be a handful. I'm going to make sure the kids are ready for school." Nini said after kissing her husband.

"eeew. Mommy is kissing Daddy." Caleb turned away as he went to brush his teeth.

"Yup, they really are Bowen's" Ricky said grabbing his jacket.

*************

At the campsite the kids were running around the trail, while their parents were setting up the tents. After tons of pleading from Rachel, Nini finally let the pre-teen have her own tent, as long as she shared it with her brother. Rachel was not happy with the last part of her mom's deal but settled with it, since she got her own tent.

"Be careful! Don't trip over any roots." Nini called to her kids.

"Ricky, can you go set up a fire? It's almost 5:00 pm and the sun is going down." She replied to her own comment.

"Yeah of course. Make sure the kids don't get into trouble." Ricky said kissing his wife on the lips.

Ricky walked off to a patch of grass to collect sticks and twigs for his family's campfire. After a few minutes, he saw a girl with curly hair jogging up the trail. He noticed that it was his old friend Gina, whom he lost touch with after she went on the Alvin Ailey American Dance Tour in college.

"Hey Ricky, what are you doing on this trail?" Gina said noticing her curly haired, high-school friend.

"I'm actually here with my kids and Nini, we are camping at the campsite nearby. I'm collecting some twigs and stuff to make a campfire. Do you know how to start a fire?" Ricky asked after hugging his old friend.

"Oh, I didn't know that you and Nini had kids. But yeah, my dad taught me on a camping trip he took me on when I was younger. He passed away years before I came to East High though." Gina said frowning.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know." Ricky said rubbing her back.

The pair collected twigs and other sticks that they could use for the fire. Ricky and Gina accidentally, picked up the same stick and touched hands. Ricky was about to say sorry when he saw his wife watching from their tent. She soon disappeared into the tent.