GJ fic: Not everything is as it Seems part 1 🤫

Author's Note: Reading and writing always distracts me from other stuff going on in my mind. I definitely call it a coping method for anxiety. This story is unlike my other ones. I hope you enjoy and it takes your mind off things for a little bit. Vote and comment if you want a part 2.

P.S The stuff going on about the hsmtmts cast online is ridiculous. It has to stop. Be kind to others as you would to your friends. Matt, Olivia, Joshua and many other celebrities are young adults just like people who read my stories. They have feelings too. Everyone has feelings. Think before you tweet or post.

Gina's POV:

"Niini, Kourtney, Ashlyn, Natalie, Guess what??" I said excitedly. Maybe too happily.

"Calm down Gins what's up?" Nini said eating after taking a sip of her water to help her voice.

"E.J asked me to the EHS winter ball! It was so romantic. He asked me this morning at my locker, since he knew I didn't like big surprises. He got me a cute polar bear and asked me then gave me the tickets to prove it!" Can you believe it? My first real fun East High dance, well homecoming doesn't count."

"Calm down, Gins we are happy for you, but you don't need to announce it to the whole school." Kourtney chuckled.

"Gina haven't you noticed that E.J has been acting peppier and happier than usual?" Natalie commented.

"He just got into his top college. I'm sure he's allowed to be extremely happy."  Don't worry Natalie. I said ignoring the fact that some of my friends were worrying about my boyfriend.

"Will you guys help me pick out a dress from the mall this weekend? Oooh we could all get ready together." I begged them

"That would be so fun. I'm down for that if everyone else is." Nini said across the lunch table.

*******

On Saturday, we all took Ashlyn's parents car to go to the mall for dress and accessory shopping. Kourtney seemed to be an expert at styling and makeup. We stayed together in our little girl group while going to Sephora, Macy's, Nordstrom Rack and a bunch of other stores to try on dresses. When we got to a store called Windsor, I found the perfect dress. It was a beautiful sky-blue color and had flowers all over it. It looked like it was from a Disney movie.

"This is the dress." I exclaimed to the girls looking around the shop.

"Oooh that's so pretty." Kourtney said.

"It's so expensive though. I can't get it." I said frowning.

"I'll get it for you. Think of it as a early birthday gift, for your birthday in January." Nini said happily.

"Oh no Nini. Please don't feel bad for me just because my mom is in another state. I can get one on the sale rack." I said putting the dress away.

"Nonsense. Gina you are one of my best friends. I want you to be happy. Go try on the dress in the dressing rooms. I'm paying with my mom's card." Nini said happily.

"Oh ok. But I am paying you back."

Natalie's POV: (she deserves a round of applause and more lines in the show)

I started whispering to the other girls by a rack of dresses while Gina changed. I had something important to say to them, but not Gina.

"Girls I think E.J is up to something again." I whispered to my group of friends behind the clothes rack.

"Natalie, that's impossible. He's changed since the musical ended last month. Did you see what he did for me and Ricky during the finale?" Nini whispered.