Frankie and Joe Imagine: Chemistry Read/Auditions 📄❤️

Frankie's POV:

I was sitting in my apartment smiling at the email I got from my agent about being cast as Carlos in High School Musical the Series when my phone rang.

"Hey, Frankie, this is Tim, the director who was at your audition. I guess the job is starting early for you. I have a few potential actors flying in from LAX tonight to do chemistry reads for Carlos' love interest Seb in the show. I was wondering if you would mind coming to the studio early tomorrow morning? We are going to have auditions all day. I'll have lunch be provided by catering" Tim said through the phone.

"Of course. I'm so excited. Send the information over and I'll be there." I replied happily to Tim.

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow at 8:30. I'll email you the script that you're reading."

"Thanks Tim."

"No Problem."

***********

*The Next Day*

I arrived at the studio with my script and coffee in hand. I walked into the room where chemistry reads were being held and greeted Tim and a bunch of other staff members who were there.

"So, this is going to be a long day, I'm glad you have coffee Frankie. I couldn't decide who to choose as Seb when I was looking through the video tapes, so I called a bunch of the actors over. First up is someone names Adam Jones." Tim said as another director got ready to take notes.

I recited a few lines from the scene I was given, it was the exact moment where Carlos asks Seb to homecoming. This guy who was apparently Adam Jones, looked like he was starstruck and forgot the next line.

"Next." One of the director's yelled.

I felt bad for Adam, but you can't be on TV if you don't remember your lines.

"Ok up next is someone named James Dean." Another director said.

I repeated the lines from the scene again and waited for James to reply with the correct lines and possibly a romantic gesture similar to the one written on the script.

"Yes. I'd love to go with you Carlos. Text me what you're wearing." James said perfectly while doing the dance from the scene.

"Wow. That was perfect." Tim clapped loudly.

After a short break, we got back to auditions. This sure was boring.

"Next up. Jake Bruce." A director said.

I read the lines and then waited for Jake's response. Oh no here we go again.

"Yeah I'd love to go. What color tie are you wearing?" Jake said smiling at me and then looking at the director for a response.

"I'm sorry but that's not the correct line." Tim frowned.

"Frankie, you must be exhausted. I'll give you another 10-minute break." One of the director's said smiling at me.

I went to the waiting room and sat down in one of the chairs, since I already visited craft services in back of the offices. I saw a blonde-haired boy with blue eyes and brown glasses looking at his script, as if he hadn't even memorized it yet. I decided to talk to him and give him advice.

"Hey, I'm Frankie. I'm playing Carlos in the show. You'll be doing the chemistry audition with me after my break. You look a bit stressed." I said to him.

"What? Oh sorry. My college roommates were arguing last night, and I wasn't able to sleep on the plane. I totally forgot to read the script my agent sent me so I'm kind of winging it." The boy said looking at his script again.

"Well, I saw you this morning in the same exact waiting room reading the script. I'll give you a tip. Staring at the script last minute isn't the best idea for an audition. You should take a break. What's your name? "I replied taking his script and putting it on a table next to us.

"I'm Joe Serafini, University of Michigan Junior, theater student and soon to be aspiring actor." He said putting his hand out for me.

"Frankie. A Rodriguez, Carlos in High School Musical the Series and nail polish expert." I shook his hand. Wow such a gentleman.

"Frankie, we need you for something." Tim peered out from the door.

"I'll let you take your break. I'll see you in the audition. Good luck." I said to Joe winking at him before going back into the room.

*Ten Minutes Later*

Joe walked into the room without his script and got into position across from me.

"Ok. You may start now." One of the directors said to us.

I recited the same lines that I've been saying all morning and then let Joe say his.

"Yes! I'd love to go with you Carlos. Text me what you're wearing." Joe said perfectly and then winked while dipping me for the dance part.

"Wow! That was excellent. So perfect." One of the directors said clapping.

"Before we decide who gets the part, can we see you guys do another scene? I just want to see your chemistry." Tim said handing us new scripts.

"You can start whenever you're ready. Just read off of the script." The other director told us.

Joe read his lines while staring into my eyes and then I read mine.

"Bop to the sky baby." I said while accidentally blowing him a kiss that wasn't in the script.

"Frankie that wasn't in the stage notes." Tim said.

"I'm so sorry. It just happened." I said while Joe stood across from me as his cheeks turned red.

"No, don't be sorry. That was perfect. You guys have great chemistry. Joe Serafini is officially our Seb. Congratulations!" Tim exclaimed after looking at the other directors who were clapping.

After the short celebration, Joe left the room smiling. I grabbed my coat and all of my other things before catching up to him by the door.

"Hey, Joe do you want to get coffee sometime? Get to know each other since we'll be in the show together." I said to him tapping his shoulder.

"I'd love to, let's exchange numbers." Joe said smiling even bigger.