¢нαρтєя 10 | вυя∂єи

As the family (and Yoongi) ate the fried rice and fish, Yoongi started to relax. He felt more at home. Hoseok had an older sister, but she worked late with her job as a designer. So, it was just Yoongi, Hoseok, Mr. Jung, and Mrs. Jung.

"So Yoongi, how do you like the fried rice and fish." asked Mrs. Jung.

Yoongi nodded with a happy gummy smile that made her melt, "Delicious."

"Thank you!" she smiled.

"My wife makes the best fried rice," Mr. Jung bragged about his lovely wife.

"Aww!" she blushed at her husbands words.

Yoongi smiled at the two. By the looks of it, they really love each other. He couldn't help but think about his family, his divorced parents, his step-siblings that ignored him.

"You got fried rice on the corner of your lips," Hoseok handed him a napkin.

"You have fried rice on the corner of your lips," Yoongi retailed with his mouth full of the delicious fish Mrs. Jung made. Guess good cooking runs in the family.

Hoseok sighed out loud, "What did I say about chewing before speaking?"

"Hmp," Yoongi wiped his mouth.

"You two seem close," Mr. Jung stated.

"Nothing like that dad," Hoseok whined at his dad's smirk.

"What?" he raised his arms in defense. "I'm just saying. And there's nothing wrong with liking guys!"

"He likes someone else," Hoseok blurted, making Yoongi kick his shin under the table.

"What the hell? Why would you say that!?" Yoongi whined at him with a red face.

"Oh," Mrs. Jung frowned. "You'll find someone else, Hoseok."

"I don't like him!" Hoseok denied, rubbing his shin. He did like Yoongi (whether he wanted to admit it or not), not that way though.

"I see," Mrs. Jung nodded. She noticed Yoongi's empty bowl. "Oh sweetie, you want more?"

"Um," Yoongi nodded hesitantly,

"Eat as much as you like!" she smiled at him.

That smile. Those words. They felt warm and fuzzy. It made a Yoongi want to sing out in happiness and content. It made him feel loved and cared for. He felt like a dog, a cat, or any other pet. Needing love and affection to feel happy with life.

That obviously didn't last forever, because after dinner, Yoongi was getting ready to leave.

It was Mr. Jung's idea to drive Yoongi back to his apartment. It was late, and he wanted to make sure the younger went home safe. Hoseok also had homework to do. So after saying his goodbye to Yoongi, he went straight to that.

"Did you have fun?" Mr. Jung asked as he drove Yoongi home, his eyes on the road.

Yoongi looked at the man and nodded. "Yeah, it was."

"You know, you're always free to come back and eat. Everyday."

"Everyday," Yoongi questioned. "You sure you wouldn't get tired of me?"

He let out a soft chuckle and shook his head. "Of course not. We all love your company, and Hoseok told us that you don't eat much. We wanna take care of you."

Yoongi started at the man, then back to the window. "Thanks. I think I will come back."

"Great," he stopped in front of the apartment complex. "Good night Yoongi!"

"Good night Mr. Jung!" he waved, heading inside.

Mr. Cha wasn't there, since it was past 6pm. Yoongi felt a little disappointed for some reason.

The man was probably home with his loving wife. Yeah, he knew Mr. Cha had a wife. He knew littles bits and pieces about the man. One that he likes to act like he cares about Yoongi.

It was one evening. The second night he moved in. Yoongi was sitting outside of the apartment, contemplating about everything that happened in his family life.

No one wanted him.

~  Flashback ~

"You're here all by yourself, boy?" Yoongi heard a voice behind him. He looked up, seeing a man in his late 30's, maybe early 40's. He wore a uniform, he was the courtesy police.

Yoongi turned back to the parking lot in front of him, not saying anything in return.

"Not many 17 year olds live by themselves, you're lucky aren't ya?"

Yoongi closed his eyes, "So lucky."

"I can't help but worry though."

Yoongi opened his eyes, looking at the man standing next to him. He waited for him to continue.

"Can you take care of yourself? Living all alone?"

The answer was no. He couldn't. That was why Hoseok's family invited him to join their dinners, because they knew he couldn't take care of himself. Yoongi was like a big baby. All he knew was to whine, cry, misbehave, cause trouble for others.

He felt like a burden on everyone else. Before his parents divorced, and especially after.

author note:
Every time I write "Jung," my fingers automatically type, "kook."