¢нαρтєя 19 | тняєє ωσя∂ѕ

"Hey," Hoseok greeted Yoongi at the lunch table. "Here's your lunch-"

"I bought my own," Yoongi showed him a turkey sandwich he bought at the gas station before school. "I don't need you making me lunch anymore, I got my own lunch."

"Really?" Hoseok asked, sitting next to Yoongi.

"Y-yeah," Yoongi brushed off his feelings screaming about how close Hoseok was.

"What about dinner?" questioned Hoseok. "My parents miss you."

I miss them too, Yoongi sighed. "I'm gonna try taking care of myself from now on."

Hoseok frowned. "Yoongi, don't you still like me?"

"Huh?" Yoongi felt his heart stop. "W-what- what are you talking about?"

"I thought everything was gonna be fine after the party, but you're still so distant with me."

If you knew why, you'd be the one distant from me.

"It's not on purpose," Yoongi muttered.

"Could this be because of Namjoon?" Hoseok asked.

"What about him?"

"Are you two... dating?" he asked carefully.

"No," Yoongi shook his head. "What about you and Jimin? Any progress yet?"

Hoseok shrugged. "I don't know. We're friends, but that's it."

Yoongi smiled at his response for a second before quickly hiding it. Oops.

"We're friends too, right?" Yoongi asked.

"Course we are."

"Good," Yoongi sighed. That's good, right?

"Watching you two is really heartbreaking," Namjoon said to Yoongi. This was their only class with just the two of them. Yoongi used to never focus because of Namjoon, but now here he was sitting next to Namjoon talking about Hoseok.

"Gee, thanks," Yoongi groaned. "Why can't he just man up and ask Jimin out?"

"Why can't you man up and confess?"

"Who said anything about me confessing?" Yoongi crossed his arms at Namjoon.

"I did," Namjoon stated. "If you truly wanted them to end up together, you'll need closure."

"But I'll get in the way-"

"You always say you'll get in the way," Namjoon cut him off. "If you telling Hoseok that you like him makes Hoseok question whether he should ask Jimin out or not, then he doesn't like Jimin as much as you think."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because knowing you, you'd tell Hoseok that you wouldn't want to get in the way of him and Jimin," Namjoon said as a matter of fact. "And knowing Hoseok, if he liked Jimin so much, he'll go for it."

Yoongi stayed silent. The bell rung as it was the end of class. He quickly packed his stuff, and left the classroom.

Yoongi returned home that day, thinking about what Namjoon said to him. At this point, he was tired of his feelings. He just wanted to get rid of it, but they don't just go that easy.

Right now, Yoongi was watching tv with a cup of ramen in his hand. He was chill axing until there was a knock on the door?

"Weird," Yoongi muttered. He decided to ignore it, maybe someone got the wrong apartment.

The person didn't leave though. They kept knocking until Yoongi finally got up from his seat to open the door, clearly annoyed at them. Though his annoyance vanished when he saw who it was.

"Hoseok?"

Hoseok greeted him with a smile, letting himself in. Yoongi scoffed, "What are you doing here? You're supposed to tell me first."

"I asked Mr. Cha to let me in as a surprise for you," Hoseok explained. "He was more than happy."

"Of course he was," Yoongi rolled his eyes. "What are you doing here anyway?"

Hoseok grinned, lifting up a plastic bag and placing it down on the counter of Yoongi's kitchen. There was a container full of delicious fruits. Watermelon, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries. A plate of health.

"Mom wanted to cut you some fruit."

"She did?"

"Yeah!" Hoseok laughed. "She also said that you should eat more healthy, and that you're welcome to come eat once in a while too.

"Thanks."

"It's no problem really," Hoseok shook his head. "We miss you."

You're really making this hard on me Jung Hoseok.

"Actually," Yoongi spoke. "Since you're here, there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

"Yeah what?"

"I don't want this to get in the way of you and Jimin."

"Why would it?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because. I know I said I'll help you two get together, but I started to- I-"

"Calm down," Hoseok rushed over to him, seeing Yoongi's breathing become unsteady. "It's okay."

Yoongi looked into Hoseok's eyes. The three words becoming almost taboo to a Yoongi. Saying that, will change everything.

"I started to get left out."

"Oh," Hoseok frowned. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. It's mine," Yoongi forced out a laugh.

"Mine too," Hoseok hugged Yoongi. "Sorry we made you feel like a third wheel. If it makes you feel better, I feel like one too when you're with Namjoon."

"Oh really?" Yoongi forcibly smiled. "Jimin's working at the café right now. You should eat there."

"What about you?" Hoseok suddenly asked, which was like daggers into Yoongi's heart. What about him?

"I already ate ramen," Yoongi answered. "Now go get your man!"

Before Hoseok could object, he was already dragged out of Yoongi's apartment.

"Bye!" Yoongi waved, watching Hoseok run off to the direction of Jimin's work. He let out a shaky breath, and before he knew it.... tears welled up in his eyes.

"Oh no," he groaned, wiping them away quickly. Only for more to roll down his cheeks. He breathed in a sharp breath in attempt to calm down, but he kept crying.

"Yoongi?" he heard behind him.

He turned around, trying to his face. "What?"

"What?" Mr. Cha asked in disbelief. "You're crying, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," Yoongi muttered.

"Okay then," he nodded at Yoongi's evident lies. "Well, the wife is cooking dinner at home."

"So?"

"You're coming to eat with us."

"No thanks-"

"That wasn't a question," Mr. Cha cut him off. "Come on, my shift is over now. I'll drive you back home after dinner."