¢нαρтєя 16 | gαмє σf нєαятвяєαк

There was a happy, upbeat song playing when they entered. Hoseok dragged Yoongi to the dance floor, dancing along with the beat. A happy smile on his face. Yoongi only stood there with his arms crossed.

"You're not dancing," he stated.

"No shit," Yoongi replied. "I don't dance."

"Then why'd you come?"

"Because you, and Namjoon were going."

"There's a reason why it's called a dance," Hoseok took Yoongi's hand to twirl him around. Thought Yoongi's body was stiff, and he tumbled a bit.

The song soon ended, changing to a slow dance song. Hoseok only shrugged. This would be easier to make Yoongi dance. He grabbed Yoongi's waist, pulling him closer.

"What are you-"

"Dancing," he cut Yoongi off. "Place you hands over my shoulders, like everyone else is doing."

And he did, letting his arms rest on Hoseok's shoulder. He looked at Hoseok's chest, afraid to make eye contact. Soon, he got into the rhythm of things. Hoseok smiled, "Look at me."

"No."

"Look at me."

Yoongi looked at him, trying his best to not shy away. He didn't know why, but seeing Hoseok this close, being so intimate with him. He felt like he was starting to get lost in the man known as Hoseok. His pretty eyes looking down at him with a look that held so much care, gentleness, fondness. Whatever sweet sounding word it was.

Hoseok himself felt himself feel lost in Yoongi's eyes. His eyes were so innocent, and he felt bad that Yoongi's living on his own without anyone to take care of him.

"I can't help but think you've been avoiding me," Hoseok whispered, as the two danced.

"I did it for you and Jimin."

"Why?"

"Because of how close we were, he assumed that we are dating."

"So? Just tell him we're not."

Yoongi shook his head, turning his gaze to Hoseok's chest. He just couldn't look him in the eye, "Besides, I'm just a burden on you and your family. I'm gonna be off to college soon, and I can't even take care for myself. Let alone cook the easiest recipe you can think of."

"I'm hopeless," Yoongi whispered the last part, but loud enough for Hoseok to hear.

And he did. Hoseok heard Yoongi call himself hopeless, which triggered something in him. He tightened his grip on Yoongi's waist. This making him look back at Hoseok.

"Listen Yoongi, and listen carefully," he began. "You are not hopeless. Just because you can't cook for yourself, or take care of yourself doesn't mean you're hopeless. The blames on your parents for letting you live alone without even teaching you the basics of taking care of yourself."

Yoongi's gaze faltered back to Hoseok's chest. "Look at me," he demanded. And Yoongi did. "You are so much more than you think. Who needs your family? You've got great friends, a positive influence, and... me."

"You?" asked Yoongi.

"Yeah, me." Hoseok smiled. "I promise I'll never leave. We won't ever leave you."

Yoongi looked at him, feeling a lump in his throat. But he swallowed it down, not wanting to seem more pathetic than he already was. He just wanted a hug. Specifically a hug from Hoseok, but he controlled himself.

"Thank you," Yoongi said.

"Thank you too," Hoseok replied. "For being Jimin and I's Cupid."

Then he felt his heart crack. Hoseok and Jimin's Cupid. He didn't want that. He didn't want to be their Cupid. He wanted to be their best friend. He wanted to be by their side, and to take care of them like they took care of him.

All Hoseok talked about was Jimin, and it wasn't his fault. Their whole relationship started off with a stupid deal that Hoseok suggested. And that stupid deal became so much more than expected.

Yoongi found himself on a rollercoaster every time he was with Hoseok. He felt his excitement and anticipation as he went higher, than the fear and regret as he dropped down.

Was the deal gonna be worth it in the end?

Because Yoongi knew that Namjoon and Arden like each other. And Hoseok and Jimin like each other too. They were like, the endgame.

Yoongi felt heartbroken. But not because of Namjoon and Arden.

But because of Hoseok and Jimin.

Because...

Because he liked Hoseok too. More than classmates. More than friends. More than anything.

He liked Hoseok a whole lot. And that was terribly dangerous. Yoongi felt as if he were on a landmine every time he was with Hoseok or Jimin. He felt guilty for liking the same person his best friend likes. And he felt guilty for liking the person he's trying to set up with someone else.

This wasn't a game of Cupid anymore.

No.

It was a game of heartbreak, and Yoongi was it's target...

The gang watched Hoseok and Jimin continue dancing on the dance floor. Namjoon laughed at the two, turning to Yoongi, "Those two seem really close."

Yoongi stayed silent, not wanted to watch any more. "I-I need some fresh air."

Namjoon watched Yoongi practically run to the exit. His curiosity and worry made him follow after the male. When he did, he found Yoongi sitting with his back on the wall, trying to collect himself.

"Yoongi," he called out. "You okay?"

He let out a humorless laugh, or dry chuckle. "Can I be honest with you?"

Namjoon nodded.

"No," he said in all honesty.

"What do you need right now?" Namjoon asked, sitting next to Yoongi. "To talk? Advice? Maybe a hug?"

"All of the above," Yoongi answered.

"Well, I'm listening."

"Thanks," Yoongi smiled, before beginning. "It all started with this stupid crush on you."

"You had a crush on me?"

"Had. Past tense," Yoongi explained. "And Hoseok has a crush on Jimin."

Namjoon hummed for Yoongi to continue.

"He then suggested this idea, that we set each other up with our crush. I'd help Hoseok with Jimin, he'd help me with you."

"I think I know what happens next," Namjoon guessed.

"Yep," Yoongi popped his mouth with a 'p' sound. "I started falling for Hoseok."

"Well what do you plan to do now?" Namjoon asked.

"Jimin and Hoseok obviously like each other," Yoongi said. "I still have a job as their Cupid."

"But what about you?"

"What about me?" Yoongi asked.

"You'll get hurt," Namjoon stated.

"Kind of already am," Yoongi shrugged. "Besides, I'd feel better if they were together. Because they like each other."

"Well are you gonna tell Hoseok how you feel?" Namjoon questioned. "If you want to get over him-"

"I can't," Yoongi cut him off. "My feelings shouldn't get in the way of the two. I think all I need is time away from Hoseok."

"Is that why you've been avoiding him?"

There was a pause, but Yoongi nodded. "That's exactly why."