Chapter 18: Defending Kuoh Academy

(A/N: Well, hello my fellow readers and followers. Here is chapter 18 of this story and with that said, let the reading begin.)

(Y/N) P.O.V

"Rias along with everyone else is at the academy getting ready to fight Kokabiel, a barrier is seen going around the school which Sona's peerage is the reason behind the barrier being there.......................
Sona: "We've covered the entire school with a protective barrier. If nothing drastic happens, it should be able to keep anything within it from getting damaged."
Rias: "Thank you, Sona. This means so much."
Sona: "Understand that this will only work if conditions remain the same."
Rias: "Got it."
(Y/N): *turns around to see Tsubaki appearing begin him* "Tsubaki. How's Irina?"
Tsubaki: "Her condition is not life threatening. She can thank Asia for that."
Asia: "What a relief."
(Y/N): "Where could Xenovia be? Will she even come help in the fight now?"
Saji: "Have you heard from Kiba, either?"
(Y/N): "No, not even seen him as well. He'll be here, he never backs down."
Koneko: "Right."
Sona: "I'll keep the barrier up, but I might now be able to keep the school from collapsing. As much as I'd prefer to avoid it."
Rias: "I'm not going to let that happen."
Sona: "Rias, it's not too late. You can still contact your brother."
Rias: "You know what I don't see? You trying to contact your big sister."
Sona: "With good reason, too, Sir Zechs loves you. You know he would want to assist us, there's no doubt that he'd come here as soon as you called him. So call him."
Akeno: "There's no reason. I've already contacted Sir Zechs."
Rias: "How could you do that without asking me of first?"
Akeno: "Look Rias, I understand you don't want to bother your brother unless we absolutely must. Our enemy is a leader-class Fallen Angel, he's not someone you can take on your own, *smiles* I think that qualifies this or be a 'must'."
Rias: "Fine."
Akeno: "I thank you for your consideration, President. Sir Zechs is on his way. I believe his forces should arrive here in just about an hour."
Rias: "Good grief girl. I cannot win against you, can I? Should be a fun hour."
......................they walk in the school to walk into the courtyard getting ready to confront Kokabiel......................
Rias: "(Y/N). I need you to be on support this time."
(Y/N): "Support?"
Rias: "I want you to use your ability to transfer your power to the rest of us to increase our strength."
(Y/N): "You got it, I'll use the Boosted Gear too. If using the Ohma and Boosted power it can rise up faster than any level."
Rias: *looks at him smiling* "Good idea, in the meantime I think we can stall until (Y/N) can transfer his power to everyone, don't you?"
Akeno: "Yeah. I can bet we can manage that."
Koneko: "Absolutely."
Rias: "(Y/N)?"
(Y/N): "Yes?"
Rias: "We're counting on you."
(Y/N): "I won't let you down!"
Rias: "Let's concentrate on the offensive for his battle. We have to get into the school and prevent Kokabiel from releasing his power, whatever that may be. Unlike the fight with Riser, our lives will be at risk this time. But believe me, I will not allow us to die today. We will survive my dear servants, we'll survive this fight so we can come back here and go to school once more!"
Everyone (But Rias): "Yes ma'am."
(Y/N): "Promotion to Queen!"

3rd P.O.V

......................they arrive as the light in the air is seen that catches their attention......................
Asia: "What in the world is that?"
Kokabiel: "It seems like the four Excaliburs have been made into one. That is just so Valper, you know?"
Rias: "Kokabiel!"
Kokabiel: "So, is big brother on his way yet? Or is it Serafall instead?"
Rias: "Right now, we're the ones here ready to fight. That's all that matters."
(Y/N): "Careful!"
......................he summons a spear and throws it towards the gym causing an explosion to happen pushing everyone back, they all look to see the gym completely destroyed......................
(Y/N): "He destroyed the gym in one attack?"
Kokabiel: "This is so boring, I need a diversion."
(Y/N): "He's that strong, I never expected that."
Kokabiel: "Since you came all this way, I might let you play with my favorite pet!"
.......................a light is seen heading towards the ground, a glyph appears creating a hole that goes really deep, fire springs out as something is seen coming out of it revealing a three headed dog that everyone realizing what it is......................
Rias: "Cerberus?"
Akeno: "Living in the gates of the underworld, it's the Watchdog of Hades."
Asia: "So, he's real? What are we gonna do?"
Rias: "Bringing it into this world is forbidden. Let's send him back! Akeno! Koneko!"
Akeno/Koneko: "Yes ma'am!"
Rias: "(Y/N), use the Sacred Gears to enhance our power!"
(Y/N): "Gotcha! Sacred and Boosted Gears!"
Ohma/Boosted Gear: "Double Boost!"
......................Akeno changes out of her school uniform into her other outfit getting ready to fight as her and Rias flies in the air over Cerberus......................
(Y/N): "Asia, get back!"
Asia: "Okay."
(Y/N): "We'll be okay, trust me; these girls will have no problem taking care of that puppy."
Ohma/Boosted Gears: "Double Boost!"
Shoutaru: "Icarus! Mist! Havoc, come out!"
......................all three of his familiars came out, the Cerberus shoots a flame attack that causes Rias to dodge, Akeno does a blizzard attack freezing the ice. Rias follows up with her own attacks hitting the creature; but another one appears causing Koneko to attack it with kicking the middle one in the head......................
Akeno: "I think he wants more!"
......................Akeno does her lightning attack hitting the Cerberus, there is now two of them which Rias and Akeno fights one......................
(Y/N): "This thing must be tough. And there's another one too!"
Ohma/Boosted Gears: "Double Boost!"
(Y/N): "Not yet, just some more and the power will be ready to transfer." (I'm strong enough to take these things out or enhance everyone here, but I have to follow Rias's orders.)
......................Asia screams causing (Y/N) to see another Cerberus ready to attack her, he quickly grabs her to move her away from the danger. Havoc knocks down the Cerberus which Icarus does a lightning attack hitting it......................
(Y/N): "Another one? How many are there?!"
.......................Koneko attacks that Cerberus stopping it from attacking them......................
(Y/N): "Koneko, be careful!"
Koneko: "You be careful, I got this!"
(Y/N): "Can you even take him along?"
Koneko: "At the least, I can stall for time."
(Y/N): "Or you could die if you're not careful."
Ohma/Boosted Gear: Double Boost!"
(Y/N): "Just be safe Koneko!"
......................Koneko holds on to one of the heads of the Cerberus, the other try to attack her; but could since where she is holding on to not attack her, she gets thrown off which one of the other heads attack her which she exclaims in pain. The middle head goes to eat her, but she is seen trying to pry the mouth open. (Y/N) gets worried which he balls his hand in anger, a green glyph is seen in front of them as its a Familiar Circle, (Y/N)'s Familiar appears as it roars......................
(Y/N): "Nergigante?"
Kokabiel: *looks at it shocked* "A Nergigante?! How is that thing his familiar, they're supposed to be untamable!"
......................the glyph under him glows as he started glowing as well, everyone looks to see his Nergigante into adult stage that lets out a terrifying roar......................
Rias: "It used an aging circle! That circle can age up a Familiar for a certain amount of time or if no longer needed it can help it's master fight."
Akeno: "Looks like this little dragon wants to help in the fight!"
(Y/N): "Wow, alright buddy; save Koneko and attack that Cerberus!"
.......................it roars as it launched at it, he knocks down the Cerberus. It attacks it non-stop clawing at it which in the process rips off one of the heads, crushing the other one, it pries open the mouth that Koneko is in as she kicks her way out landing in the ground while Nergigante continues fighting the Cerberus......................
Asia: *runs to her* "Are you okay?"
Koneko: "For the most part."
(Y/N): "Alright buddy, now finish that thing off!"
........................it roars to bit it on the neck causing the Cerberus to roar in pain, it bites it hard enough that it stopped moving and Nergigante roars in victory. But, another Cerberus appears behind (Y/N) getting ready to pounce him........................
Asia: "(Y/N), look out!"
........................he turns around as it gets closer, but the middle head is suddenly cut off which Xenovia is seen......................
Xenovia: "You need a little help there?"
(Y/N): "Xenovia!"
........................she attack it again cutting the Cerberus in two causing it to turn into flames and disappear......................
Akeno: "And that is exactly the damage you can expect from a Holy Sword to have in evil."
Rias: "I'd rather we didn't need the help, but I am glad you're here."
........................she runs on the roof of the walkway, she cuts another Cerberus in two which kills it......................
(Y/N): "She's really amazing! *loosk at his Sacred Gears with symbols in the gem* I guess that means it's ready. Alright ladies, heads up!"
Rias: "Good boy!"
Akeno: "Oh. Fun!"
(Y/N): "Nergigante, a little help?"
.........................he lands on its tail which he gets flinged towards Rias and Akeno........................
(Y/N): "Ohma and Boosted Gears! Gift!"
Ohma Gear: "Ohma Transfer!"
.........................Rias and Akeno blushed and moans feeling the power surge through them, Nergigante appears to catch (Y/N) and let's him down. He goes back to his baby stage as he jumped in (Y/N)'s arms snuggling to him........................
(Y/N): "Good boy, yes you are!"
Xenovia: "Nice work, I didn't realize you were strong enough to do that (Y/N). And even having a Nergigante as a familiar."
Rias: "We're ready now!"
Akeno: "Oh yeah!"
Rias: *looks at Akeno* "Akeno?"
Akeno: "Of course. Now, ring out thunder!"
........................a yellow glyph appears over her as lighting goes in it, Koneko picks up and slams the Cerberus on the ground making blood come from its mouth. Rias does a glyph of her own, the Cerberus turns her attention to Asia as it charged at her........................
(Y/N): "ASIA! MOVE OUTTA THE WAY!"
.........................swords appear from the ground stabbing the Cerberus, Kiba lands in front of Asia which made everyone happy........................
Rias: "Kiba made it."
Asia: "Kiba you're here!"
Rias: *looks at Akeno* "More!"
Akeno: "I would love to!"
..........................Akeno shoots a lightning bolt at the Cerberus with Rias moving her glyph in the way of her attack making it stronger hitting the Cerberus, it roars in pain as its killed.........................
(Y/N): "Hell yeah! That was awesome Kiba!"
Kokabiel: "Awesome is a bit of a stretch."
Rias: "Take this!"
..........................she does a huge attack heading towards Kokabiel, but he deflected it as it heads towards a tennis field destroying it with a crater seen.........................
Kokabiel: "Impressive. *stands up* Look how much stringer you've become now that you had a little Ohma and Red Dragon inside you. Sexy. And fascinating as well!"
Valper: "It is complete!"
..........................the light gets brighter which forms a gold sword, it shoots a light in the air after it gets done completing....................
Kiba: "Oh no."
Valper: *laughs maniacally* "Finally, it is done!"
Kokabiel: "Now I get to have the massive power that results from the combination of the swords. That's our trade off. Sweet deal, huh?"
Rias: "So that power is what you used to make the ground collapse?"
(Y/N): "Oh great, what now? That means you're gonna use it to make this town disappear?"
Valper: "I suggest you leave quickly. This whole area is going to be destroyed in less than twenty minutes."
Kokabiel: "If you want to save it, you'll have to defeat me. Oh no."
..........................his wings appear from his back as he flies in the air..........................
Kokabiel: "Ready, Rias Gremory?"
Rias: "I'm ready!"
.........................she does her attack again as she launched it at him, he catches it making an orb with her magic. Akeno appears behind him as she does her lightning attack which he forms an orb in his other hand, he combo them making a big orb with a red lightning around it..........................
Kokabiel: *throws it at Rias* "Fool!"
Akeno: *appears in front of Rias making a glyph to block it* "Rias!"
..........................it fails as both girls get his with them screaming in pain, Rias was able to catch herself in the air. But, Akeno falls from the air..........................
(Y/N): "AKENO!"
..........................he catches her, lands on the ground while he held Akeno in his arms. She twitches a little as she opened her eyes to look at (Y/N)..........................
Akeno: "(Y/N)?"
(Y/N): "Are you okay Akeno?"
Akeno: "I'm sorry (Y/N), you wasted all that power on me."
(Y/N): "I don't care about that right now, *places her down gently as he stood after that* hey asshole, how dare you do that to her? Now you're gonna pay big time! I'll rip those wings off and barbecue those wings!"
Akeno: *blushes as she smiles* "And there he goes; the nice and passionate hero as always."
..........................Asia runs to her with Rias landing beside her as she grunted in pain, Asia starts healing her..........................
Akeno: "It doesn't look like we'll be able to hold out. What's taking Sir Zechs so long?"
Rias: "We have to find a way to win. Kiba?"
(Y/N): *looks at him* "Kiba!"
Kiba: "Valper Galilei, I'm a survivor of the Holy Sword Project, or more accurately those you tried to murder. I was able to live cause I was reborn as a devil, I refused to die because I knew one day I would avenge the deaths of my comrades!" *rushes at Valper*
Rias: "KIBA! NO!"
..........................(Y/N) and Koneko tries to run in, but Kokabiel throws a spear of light causing an explosion knocking them back a shield is seen around Valper stoping the attack from hitting him..........................
(Y/N): "Kiba!"
Kokabiel: "You were able to avoid a direct attack? What a quick little rat. Freed."
Freed: "You called? I'm here!"
(Y/N): "Not that creep again!"
Kokabiel: "This is our last piece of entertainment. Use the Excalibur with the power of four swords to get rid of all this debris."
Freed: "I would love to! You know that fancy Excalibur with those ridiculous specs? *grabs the sword* Surprise! I just got one as a gift! Now, who wants the pointy end of this bad boy first? Well, I'll just go ahead and chop up that devil and bitch believe then. That sounds okay?"
..........................(Y/N) gets in front of Koneko to defend her, but Xenovia jumps over them getting ready to attack..........................
(Y/N): "Xenovia!"
Freed: *disappears* "Too slow! Have me met? Say hello to the Chopper Rapidly! So fresh! Such an amazing Excalibur! This bad boy can make anything happen! *Xenovia dodges his attack* Hey, what do you think you're doing?"
..........................she spins around to kick him away as he flies back yelling in pain, Xenovia jumps away from him while he held his face in pain..........................
Freed: "My face! You scum bitch! Who kicks a beautiful creation like this; I'm going to tear you apart for that! I'll turn you into a slip-n-slide, you hear me? Prepare for your final reckoning."
..........................the sword extends which Xenovia dodges..........................
Freed: "It's not just mimicry, you know! Yahoo! *sword breaks apart forming small swords which Xenovia blocks* It's a nightmare. *multiple copies of Freed break apart* This is the power of the Excalibur Nightmare! Ba-dum, dum-dum dum! How do you like it princess?"
Xenovia: "An illusion?"
Freed: "Now transparency!"
..........................there are now multiple Freeds as Xenovia blocks every attack that the clones tried to her, she jumps back getting outta the way..........................
Xenovia: "He can use all their abilities; all the swords that were combined."
Freed: "All righty, brace yourselves dears!"
(Y/N): "That means Xenovia can't do anything against him, time for me to step in; Ohma-Calibur! *summons his sword* Hang in Xenovia!"
Freed: "What the--"
(Y/N): *shoulder tackles him* "Let's see if that Excalibur can stand a chance against my Ohma-Calibur!"
..........................(Y/N) and Freed fought with their swords colliding, Kiba is seen getting up. But, goes in his knees cause of the pain as he gripped some dirt in his hand..........................
Valper: "I'd heard about you, they said one of the subjects had escaped. *walks up to him* How tragic to survive only to live as a lowly devil. I'm grateful to you and the others. You taught me what I needed to know to complete the project."
Kiba: "Complete it?"
Valper: "The subjects we used didn't individually have enough of a particular gene required to use the Holy Swords. After I realized the fact, I came to a conclusion. So, all I did was take out the gene from the kids who carried any of it. *Kiba's eyes widen in shock* Then I found a way to combine and crystallize their genes! *brings out a crystal* This crystal contains the correct quantity of the gene. It's the last one made from those pathetic little brats."
Freed: *laughs crazy* "The other guys they tested the crystals on died halfway in because they were too weak to take all the goodness. *gies to attack with (Y/N) and Koneko dodging* If you think about it that way, you're lucky to be fighting one of a kind!"
(Y/N): "Bastards!"
Xenovia: "The crystals. Holy Sword users receive a blessing, something like that is out into their bodies. A gene deficiency. That must be what they've been using them for."
Valper: "Those hypocrites, after excommunicating me as a pagan, they shamelessly use my research? Typical Church behavior. Of course, we're talking about Michael. So, even if he took the genes from his subjects, I bet he didn't take the time to kill them."
Kiba: "There was no need to kill us either, how could you?"
Valper: "You were nothing more than materials used in a top-secret project, we had what we needed. What were we supposed to do?"
Kiba: "We believed what we were doing was for God, we bore everything because of that faith. And then-- You-- You just threw us away, like trash."
..........................everyone looked at Kiba with sympathy as Asia cried, Valper threw the crystal at Kiba's feet..........................
Valper: "Here, why don't you you take this? I no longer need it; we've gotten to the point where we can mass-produce high quality crystals, no martyrs required."
..........................Kiba picks up the crystal as he remembers the cries of everyone he was with during the project, he holds the crystal in his hands and moved them to his chest..........................
Kiba: "Gone."
(Y/N): "Valper Galilei, you will never be forgiven! You'll pay for this you monster!"
Kiba: "How many. How many lives did you blessed research cost? *crystal glows in his hand* How many deaths did it take?"
Asia: "What is that?"
Koneko: "Look."
(Y/N): "It's starting to look like people."
Akeno: "It's probably from the different powers from the battlefield combining. And Kiba, our powers are on top of the trembling of his heart must have freed the souls from the crystal."
Kiba: "I prayed and wondered, why was I the only one? Why me? If it wasn't for me to have survived, there were kids who had bigger dreams than I did. Kids who wanted to live more than I did. It was a mistake, someone better than me should have made it out if that nightmare!"
..........................Kiba looks up shocked to see everyone standing behind him which are the kids that was with him during the Holy Sword Project, everyone looked as they couldn't believe what is happening. Kiba felt a tug on his shirt to see the little girl that was there as she giggled which he cried at. The souls of everyone started spinning around him with sparkles floating close to him as well which confused him..........................
Spirit 1: "It's okay."
Spirit 2: "Let's all gather together."
Spirit 3: "Take us in. It's time."
Spirit 4: "You don't have to be scared, even if there is no God."
Spirit 5: "Though God may not be watching over us."
Spirit 6: "Our hearts will be forever one."
Kiba: *smiles as he cries* "Yes."
..........................everyone watched as they're happy to see what was happening..........................
Koneko: "Aw, that's sweet."
(Y/N): *rubs his eyes drying his tears* "Damn, he must've unlocked a new power now."
Kokabiel: "Oh?"
Kiba "My comrades, they never wanted me to wish for revenge. They wanted me free. But, I'm not. First, I need to destroy the evil in front of me. Then no one else will have to suffer. *summons a sword, grabs it to point it at Valper* No one but you!"
Valper: "Help me! Freed!"
Freed: "Yes? I'm here!"
Valper: "You are such a little fool, you should have let yourself be killed with the rest of them."
(Y/N): "KIBA! You got this Kiba, kick that guy's ass along with those Excaliburs! There's no point in wasting your friends feelings right now, or their souls!"
Kiba: "(Y/N)."
Rias: "You can do it, Kiba. Fight like a member of the House of Gremory; take them down. Besides no true knight of mine would ever lose to such a pathetic foe."
Akeno: "Come on Kiba! We all believe in you."
Koneko: "I wanna see blood."
Asia: "Kiba!"
Shoutaru: "Show no mercy Kiba, defeat them for the friends that you had before and the ones you have now. Go get them!"
Kiba: "Thank you."
Freed: "Gross. Another 'moving scene' from the house of gag me Gremory! Now my skin is starting to crawl and it's creeping me out! I can't take it, I need to hurry up and kill you. Yes. That should make me feel much better!"
Kiba: "Time for a new sword. Dear comrades who souls have merged with mine, we shall overcome this together. All our dreams that were stifled can now come true, I'll create a sword for Rias, for all my fallen friends, and the Ohma-Calibur. Sword Birth, go!"
..........................the sword changes look as it looked more different than the ones he used..........................
Kiba: "It's the Sword of Betrayer, a sword vested with both Holy and Devil powers. Try and stop it."
Rias: "Holy and Devil, powers fused together?"
(Y/N): "Of course, it makes sense! Kiba had peaked, he has a prohibited technique, that sword is his Balance Breaker!"
Valper: "A Holy Devil Sword? It's impossible. Two opposing elements cannot mix together, something like that is an aberration!"
Xenovia: "Talk to me, Knight of Rias Gremory. Are the two of us still fighting on the same side?"
Kiba: "I'd like to think we are."
Xenovia: "I have a thought then; why don't we destroy Excalibur together."
Kiba: "Are you sure?"
Xenovia: "I understand that technically we're looking at a Holy Sword. But, there's nothing Holy about that."
Kiba: "Agreed."
Xenovia: *stabs her sword into the ground* "Oh Peter. Oh, Basilius and Dionysius and the blessed Virgin Mary. I ask you to please hear my prayers!"
..........................a white glyph appears with something coming from it revealing to be a sword, she reaches for it..........................
Xenovia: "In the name of the Saint living within this blade... *grabs the handle* I hearby set you free! This is called Durandal!"
Kiba: "Durandal?"
(Y/N): "A Holy Sword!"
Akeno: "A sword on par with Excalibur, said to cut everything in this world."
Valper: "That's impossible, my research didn't go into how to use Durandal; no one should be able to wield that thing."
Xenovia: "You're wrong. Unlike Kiba or Irina, I've found one with the rarely found naturals."
Valper: "One who is perfectly suitable, also know as a true Holy Sword user!"
Xenovia: "This kiddo cuts anything he touches to pieces, he doesn't always listen to me, either. Besides that, he infinitely dangerous if not stored in another dimension."
Freed: "I don't believe you!"
..........................his sword extends which Xenovia deflects as it broke apart heading towards her, but she completely destroys it in pieces..........................
Freed: "Damn, I love a good plot twist!"
Xenovia: "What you have is simply a broken Holy Sword. It's no match for my Durandal!"
Freed: "Kiss my ass! *disappears as she lands on the ground* I have decided that I don't like you!"
Kiba: *appears behind him* "The feelings mutual!"
..........................once again they fight while sword sparks are being seen..........................
Kiba "It wasn't enough to sever our hopes!" *breaks Freed's sword*
Freed: "My sword broke! *lands on the ground with the sword hilt in front of him* Are you fucking kidding me? How can I be take out by lame devil scum? No!"
..........................a blue glow is seen coming from his shoulder signally showing he got cut, he screams in pain as he clutched his wound as Kiba breathes hard..........................
Kiba: "Yes! Did you see? Our power overcame Excalibur!"
Valper: "How is this possible? In theory, the fusion of holy and devil powers is--" *Kiba turns to him which he falls on the ground scared*
Kiba "Prepare yourself, Valper Galilei!"
Valper: "Yes. I understand now; if the balance between holy and devil powers is disrupted, it could be possible! Which means, not only the Devil King, but also God!"
..........................he gets stabbed by a spear of light which shocked everyone that Kokabiel was the one responsible for forming and throwing it, his body disintegrates..........................
Kokabiel: "Oh Valper, you really were very talented. Unfortunately, you weren't supposed to figure that part out."
Rias: "Okay Kokabiel, what are you really trying to do here?"
Kokabiel: "I'm destroying everything I find tedious. Now, I'm even more bored than before. Hey there, little boy!"
(Y/N): "The fuck you want?"
Kokabiel: "Raise the dragon's power as much as you can and transfer it to one of them."
(Y/N): "And why would I do that?"
Rias: "So what? Are you offering to give us a chance? Don't bother; we don't need it!"
Kokabiel: *chuckles* "You're being ridiculous, Rias my dear! You're gonna need more than a little power up."
..........................(Y/N) felt another hand in his which he looks to see Rias next to him who is also holding his hand...........................
(Y/N): "Rias."
Rias: "We're out of time, let's go. We can do it."
..........................(Y/N) held her hand as they both walked towards Kokabiel which they know what to do."
Asia: "(Y/N)?"
Kokabiel: "Really?"
Ohma/Boosted Gear: "Double Boost!"

To be continued.....................

(A/N: Well, that's the end of this chapter. If you enjoyed this let me know and with that said, see y'all next time.)