Chapter 4: Mew

The receptionist just let us in or should I say, panicking to get us in, probably afraid I'd fire her.

Nothing has changed here. Uncle still has that influence and that also means that I have to be careful of my every move.

Why did I even go back? I don't plan to change anything anyway. He can have it all. Well, almost all. I just want the school. The one my parents left as their legacy.

"I can get you arrested you know, punching me like you're inside the ring."

I turned around from the railing. And again, suprised by how this dipshit looks. People this gorgeous should have hidden rotten qualities. No one should be spared any imperfections. Good thing he's not together with my sister anymore or he'll get the chance to meet my girlfriend.

"Can we get this over with? You're wasting my time." He said sounding so arrogant.

"Haha." I just had to laugh. "You speak like a boss for your ordinary clothes."

"Look. I get that your sister's hurt and I really want her to move on as fast. What I don't get though is why this conversation is needed." He sounds restless saying this.

He sits on the single chair available, like he own this hotel. With his elbows on his knees. His knees a foot apart.

Tapping his right foot, he looks at me nonchalantly and said,"I though you wanted to talk. Why are you interested in my clothes?"

"I just want to know if my sister told you anything she shouldn't have." I said making sure no secrets are spilled.

"I'm sorry? I'm at a loss here. What are you talking about?" Clearly he doesn't know anything by his words.

"I just wanted to make sure she didn't say anything out of the ordinary." I repeated.

"What is ordinary, man?" He clarifies.

"Did she say anything that made you decide to leave her?" I said making sure I have not missed anything.

"Oh?!! So you have skeletons in your closet?" He said mocking me.

I am trying my best to be deadpan as possible.

He stood up. "Look man, I don't care if she burned down the whole town or she did something similarly horrible in her past life. I just want out because I am getting out of this town."

He paused. He knows he hit a nerve.

"We're good right? We're even. I got your punch for breaking up with your sister. I have to go. I hope to never see even the light of you in my entire life or the next. Sayonara. Adios."

He was close, so close from the truth. I wanted to punch him again.