Chapter 37: Gulf

"You ready?" That was coach. The whole team are celebrating with dinner. Everyone are in good spirits.

"Oh by the way, Attorney Bennet said that we can use his hotel to celebrate and we can book 3 rooms too."

"Mew has a hotel coach?" That was me being curious.

"Not Mew, his uncle, Attorney Bennett."

"Oh."
"I'm in."
"Me too."

It turns out that the hotel he is referring to is where Mew brought me when he punched me in the face for breaking up with his sister. That memory made me laugh. It feels so long ago. Who would have thought we'd end up being together. I miss him so fucking much.

We were all waiting in the lobby area while coach is booking us a room first when I saw a familiar face.

Lisa? "Lisa?"

She turned and paled when she saw me. That's weird. I approached her. "Hi, Gulf." She managed to say.

"I thought you're in Paris with Mew."

"Mew's in Paris? I mean Mew's in Paris."

"And you are supposedly too."

"I just got back."

"When?"

"Just this morning."

"I see. That's weird."

"Why?"

"Because he went there to accompany you."

"For what?"

"I don't know. Shouldn't you know?"

"Oh well maybe about art school."

"I guess so." This conversation sounds so confusing. "Oh and by the way, from the way you look at me, can I assume you already know?"

" I know Gulf."

"I'm sorry Lisa."

"Hey, that was ages ago." She looks uneasy. "Well, ummm, I better go. Bye."

Just as she was turning, her phone rang. I accidentally saw the caller ID, it's Mew. Is Mew calling her from Paris? I saw her put the phone down before entering the elevator. I called Mew's local number. It rang. And rang. But was never answered.

What the fuck is happening Mew?!!

I am fuming mad. Everyone went up to our rooms except me. I can't be with anyone else right now. I was standing outside the hotel by the bannister when I saw Lisa come out again, in an evening gown and in a hurry.

I followed her. She booked a taxi. I booked a taxi too.
I don't know what I'm doing, I don't even know what to expect but that thing nagging me and creeping me since last monday hasn't gone away. After 30 minutes, we are in front of Bennett Law Building. She walked in front of me and unaware of my presence. She went in to a restaurant. I followed feeling uneasy. She kept on walking until she reached a private room. There's a gathering inside. I sat at the corner table trying to see the inside.

"What are you doing here son? I thought you don't want to extend your blessings to your uncle?" I turned to see my mother in a gown too.

"Huh? What blessings Mom? And what are you doing here?"

"I have turned over the presidency to your uncle. We are signing the papers. Isn't that why you're here?"

"Why are there so many people?"

"Oh, Attorney Bennett is announcing something too."

"Who is Attorney Bennett?"

"The one who owns the building son. His late brother used to be a close friend of your father. The law firm manages our affairs."