Chapter 50: Gulf

In the afternoon, Mew and I were just sprawled in the sofa. I was between his thighs sitting and leaning on him, his arms hugging me from behind. I am writing down some notes regarding the information that just got revealed.

"So basically your father and my father were lovers probably before your parents got married," I was telling Mew.

"Hmmm." Mew was kissing my neck.

"Concentrate Mew." It's hard to concentrate when his lips is tickling me.

"I am concentrating on your neck."

I am reveling in this feeling. We were deprived of this for a very long time. I tilted my head so I can offer my lips to him.

"Hmm," he kissed it soundly.

After a minute of french kissing, I separated my lips from him and looked at my notes again. "Enough of that Mew."

He is back to nibbling my neck again. "We can multi-task you know."

"Let's be serious Mew, aren't you interested with our fathers?" That got his attention.

He released his breath. "Of course I am. Okay, let's see. What else do you have there?"

"So they were having an affair since they continued on writing back to each other even after they got married. Right Attorney Mew?"

Attorney Mew made him smile. "If we follow the law, those are presumptions. Presumptions can be used as an evidence in court unless a jury recognizes another fact that the law recognizes as a logical conclusion from the proof that has been introduced." I looked at him feeling heat in my nether regions.

I sat erect, turned my body to him, " You sound so hot when you say that Attorney."

He rolled his eyes. "You said to be serious, that's what I'm doing."

Just 1 kiss though. I kissed him. He clasped my head and prolonged the kiss.

"Can you please separate? Didn't you hear the door chime?" We both looked at Jag, frozen at the door.

"You're already here." That was me, annoyed he interrupted.

"Ummm, yeah, unless I'm a ghost which I'm not."

I rolled my eyes, "So how's your father?"

"He's good. He said that I got thin and needs to be fed."

"Go cook in the kitchen and cook for three."

He looked irritated and stomped his feet to the kitchen. "You didn't open the garage Gulf, we're missing a day's worth or earnings."

"Sorry Jag, I need him for a day." That's Mew, hugging me again and getting very comfortable with our position.

"Really? I'll text Deena. She can bring her car tomorrow then." Oh boy, why does Jag have to mention her? We just literally got back together.

"Who's Deena?" That's Mew whose body just froze.

Jag looked at him then me. I looked at Jag seeming to say, you better watch what you say.

"Just some neighbor, who brings her car here from time to time." Nice save Jag.

"And I'm a lawyer who's not buying your story. Who is she Gulf?"

I turned around again to face him and looked at him sincerely, "She's really from the neigborhood. She proposed to me before but I already turned her down. So don't worry about it."

He looked, checking to see if I'm saying the truth, "Okay, I believe you. Come here" Then he kissed me again.

"Oh gross!! You two are so gross. Can you not do that when I'm here?"

I cut the kiss and turned to Jag and said sarcastically, "but you live here though?" Jag made a face but didn't say anything anymore.

I leaned on Mew again. "By the way Mew, I've been meaning to ask you, where did you intend to go last night?"

"Ohh that, I was going to an island up north."

"Is it because of me Mew."

"Well, a big part of it, yes."

"Were you planning to forget me?"

He stroked my hair, seeming to lessen the impact of his next words, "Yes and no. I was planning to forget you. You didn't give me any indication that you'll forgive me anytime soon. But then I also know I might not even reach that level, so I was thinking like, this vacation can help me rebuild myself without you for now, then maybe after a couple of years, I'd have a chance."

I interlaced our hand together. "Do you still plan to go now?"

"Why Gulf? Do you still want me to go?"

"Isn't that what you want?"

"I want what you want now. Am I not the one you want?" I see Mew getting angsty.

"Only if that's what you want." I said not knowing where this is going but also don't want to give in.

"I want to be with you Gulf."

"Are you sure? Is there anything else that I need to know?" Yup, that's me and my trust issues talking.

"I told you everything already."

"I just don't want to be blindsided."

"You still don't trust me, do you Gulf?" Mew is starting to be defensive.

"Can you really blame me?" We both are now sitting erect at the opposite sides of the sofa looking at each other, assessing each other, waiting for the other person to speak.

Then I heard something on my left. Mew and I both looked. Jag positioned himself on the stool in the opposite side of the sofa, eating a banana.

"Carry on you two. Break each other apart again ummm," he checked his watch, " not even 24 hours from the time you got back together. Carry on. I'm watching."

Then Mew and I looked at each other again. I said breaking the silence, "Will you always trick me and manipulate me to do things your way, Mew?"

Mew looked at me intently, "Probably Gulf. I will probably chase you, annoy you, make up with you, and suffocate you. Do you want me to change Gulf?"

Do I want him to change? I looked at him. Will I be okay with a different Mew? "No Mew, you are already the best version of you."

He smiled, moved closer and kissed me.

"Oh come on you guys! You both are so annoying I swear to god." Jag stood up and went to the door. " I'm out of here. I expect that you two are less touchy-touchy when I come back."