Chapter 53: Mew

We have gone back to the city and is currently staying at Gulf's place. 

Gulf and I were watching the sunset by the floor-to-ceiling window. I was embracing him from the back.

"This place is one of my favorite places now Gulf. We only stayed here for a while but it carries a lot of memories." I was telling him while nuzzling his neck.

He tightenend my arms around him. "We have bad memories here. We need to change those soon."

"We can start tonight." I inserted my hand inside his shirt trying to feel his stomach.

"That's not what I meant Mew." Yup, we agreed to focus on the case. Priorities. I get it. I just feel like we can multi-task. "Before I disappeared three years ago, I told my mother I have a boyfriend," he continued.

Well this caught me off-guard. "Okay. What did she say?"

"We talked on the phone so I didn't see her expression. I think she will accept you Mew." He was silent again. Then he said, "She better, because I don't think I'll ever be able to let you go again."

Out of the blue, he says something like this and I feel myself falling deeper. "Nothing will change my mind Gulf. I will never leave you again."

He turned around and faced me, "That's probably what your father said to my father, you realize that, right?" He looked at me intently, " Let's not underestimate your uncle."

Ring. Ring.

We both looked at the intercom, his mother is here. He opened the door, the one we never used before.

His mother went in and hugged Gulf. She hasn't seen me yet. "Son, I'm glad you're back. I hope you stay longer here this time."

Gulf hugged back, "Mom,ummmm." 

His mother let go of him. "What is it?"

"I have someone with me." Gulf turned to me.

"Hi Auntie." I said suddenly sweating.

"Mew! You're here." She has a big smile on her face. "Are you here to work on the case?"

"Ummm." I looked at Gulf.

"Mom, Mew is my boyfriend." Gulf said as he walked to me and held my hand.

We both looked at her mother, waiting for her to say something...or react. She did neither.

"Mom?" Gulf said, tightening his hold on me.

His mother looked at our joined hands, then my eyes, then Gulf's. "I..... don't know what to say."

"He was the boyfriend I told you about three years ago Mom."

She fell silent again, I guess trying to remember that memory. "I though you said that to spite me."

"I obviously didn't."

Her mother sighed. "Son, can we talk in private?"

"No, whatever you say, you say in front of Mew." Gulf's tone changed. The last time I heard that tone was when I was begging him in his garage.

"Gulf it's okay, I'll leave you two to talk." I interjected.

"No." He said never letting go of my hand.

"Very well. We better sit." His mom said before turning around to sit in the single seat sofa.

We followed and sat as well.

"Our company has a policy. It was a gentlemen's agreement that was agreed upon by the senior stakeholders in the company. We do not support the non-binary gender." Gulf and I are both confused. "In common terms, we call it third gender."