Chapter 32: Mew

I was leaning in the headboard. Gulf between my legs, his back pressed to mine. Both of us naked just covered by a thin white blanket. I was stroking his hair and sniffing his nape. His hand caressing my legs gently. No one was talking. The only sound in the room is our breathing and even that is so quiet and restful. The room is dark, the only light coming from outside. This is bliss. This is how I want to end my day, everyday.

"Mew."

"Hmmm."

"What happened with Malee?"

"Now? Can't that wait tomorrow?"

"You can always go down the service elevator." He said that very subtly. The meaning took a while to register.

I hugged him from the back. "I'm sorry. Malee and I, we were together for five years. I wasn't always a strong person, back when I was weak, she was there for me. It wasn't a passionate relationship but it was a comforting one."

"I feel guilty now."

"Hey. It's my fault. And she didn't fail to remind me that either. I think in the end, she got tired too. I can't blame her Gulf.  She gave up a lot for me too."

"How do we go from here?" He slightly turned and looked at me.

"We can fuck again."

"I'm serious Mew."

"I'm serious too. Just be absent tomorrow."  His neck looks so edible.

"I missed practice today. I mean yesterday. I can't be absent." Hmmm, nibble, nibble, nibble. "Besides, it's not like you can talk to my professors."

I was repositioning him, straddling him so he can sit on my lap. "But I can."

"You won't though."

"I will." I was full on licking his collarbone.

He clasped my head with his hands and forced me to look at him. "No Mew. I am going back to school in the morning and we are not having sex tonight anymore. It's fucking 1 am and my ass is sore."

"That's a lot of words for my brain."

He detangled himself from me and lied down properly. I followed suit and spooned him then kissed his shoulders. "Alright."

-------------------------------------------------------

We woke up at 6 am and showered together. The shower was torture. It seems that Gulf is really determined to go back to school early, there was no time for other pleasurable activities.

I was brushing my teeth with his toothbrush and roaming around his bathroom when I saw a big framed sketch at my periphery. It was placed opposite the bathroom mirror. After brushing, I took a closer look.

"You done Mew?" He peeped his head by the door

"Is this yours?" He went in to look at the sketch too.

"No. That's been there ever since I stayed here. Probably my Mom's." He went out again. "Actually this apartment is my father's. This used to be his workshop. All the things you see here, he made except the miniature robots. Those, we made together."

I went out the bathroom and fixed myself. "You ready?"

"Are you sure you can drive me back?"

"Of course, I'll get some things in my place anyway."

He was already in his uniform when we went to get my car in the building where the restaurant is.

"Lexus LS460, hmmm. Typical." He said when he went to the passenger's seat.

"Old, Gulf. This car needs to retire soon."

We were driving peacefully with no music in the background. "Tell me about your father Gulf."

I glanced at him. He was looking out the window. I patiently waited for him to reply. "My father died ten years ago." I gripped the steering wheel. "The construction site where he was caught fire and he was there." Then I felt him look at me. "I was so young then. Everything was a blur. It took me sometime to accept it."

"And your Mom?"

"My mom,"then he sighed. "She got married right away after he died to save the company."

"Is this the reason why you want to get out of this town?"

"I want to be free of the past Mew. I know that there are things that I won't be able to change anymore but I don't want to be reminded of it everyday."

I kept silent, else I might say something I will regret. We are good now. That's the most important thing. I'll worry about things when we're there.

"I'm hungry Mew. Do you want to eat? It's still 7:30 and we're almost there."

"Yes. And do something else too."

He rolled his eyes then looked at me. "Eat first. I'll think about the something else later."

We went at a roadside coffee shop a few miles away from the school. We were in line to order when I see some girls looking at Gulf. I wrapped my hands around his waste from his back. Startled, he peeled himself off my arms immediately and looked at me. "What are you doing? I'm in uniform."

I just looked at him and said, "Carry on."

He sighed then turned his face in front again.

I looked at the girls again. They were shocked. I raised my brow. Yup, try me.

---------------------------

Once we got our orders, we sat down close to the window.

"What's gotten into you?" That's Gulf, his brows meeting together.

"Huh?" He looks at me with his don't-play-innocent look. "It was nothing, okay? just some random girls looking at you?"

He looks done with me. "Mew, you're an adult. That's not adult behavior and this is out of your character."

"Is that really it? Or are you telling me that I can't hug you in public?"

He is exasperated. "I am in a school uniform. You are the owner of the school.  Need i say more?"

"Okay. okay. I get it. This is new to me, give me sometime to adjust."

He was murmuring, like I wasn't suppose to hear it. "As if this isn't new to me."

I really don't know how to act. We haven't seen each other for so long and what I'm feeling is something I have never felt before. I let this one go. I can't compromise. I need to bank good deeds for a much bigger issue.

-----------------------------

I turned left on a field a mile away from the school, looked for a shady location then stopped the car.

Then I turned to him, "Let's fuck here." My insecurities is eating me. I need reassurance.

He was speechless. "I don't.... Mew I......What is wrong?"

"Nothing. I just want you now." Then I charged him.