Chapter 51: Mew

After 1 week.

I am helping Gulf in the garage. He tinkers and does some mechanical stuff, I hand him the tools -- this is helping for me. I also look at his arms when he does some heavy lifitng, covers his stomach when he lies down to fix something at the bottom part of the car and also thinks of different positions we can try at night. When a customer comes and checks on him, I stare them down and charge them higher than the normal rate. I concluded after a week that most of his customers come to see him only and not really to get something fixed. After a week of doing this and seeing Deena visit 3 times, I've had enough.

"Do I need to put a tag on your head that says you're taken so she gets it? Even when I charged her double for an upgraded sound system, she didn't bat an eye." This is me getting really irritated after enduring seeing Deena talk to Gulf about what needs to be changed in her car again for the second time this week. And Gulf is just smirking, this annoyed me more.

"Mew, let her be. She pays well. Besides it's clear as day that I am off limits with all the looks you're giving her." Gulf said this while advancing to me and hugging me.

"Do you really need to hug him when you explain Gulf? If this continues, we are going to lose all our customers." Yup, I always forget Jag still lives here and a partner to Gulf's business.

Gulf turned to Jag sitting at a desk close to the garage door, his arms still looped around me. "How's the week's earnings Jag?"

"We were able to cover the losses when we closed the shop for a couple of days. I was thinking though, since summer is already coming, let's repaint the shop's signage and put it higher so it is visible from afar. And aah, also, let's install some light on the gargage door so it's bright at night. We don't want anyone lurking in the darkness now that tourists will probably be doubled."

Gulf turned to me abruptly, blushing, "That's a great idea Jag. I'll leave you to it."

I looked at Gulf smirking. I know where your mind went, Gulf. "By the way, do you still have something to do here? I want to show you something on the sketch."

"I just have one more customer," he looked at his watch. "Can you wait for ten minutes more?"

Just as I was about to reply, I see an A4 Sedan stop in front of Baby Mechanic. The driver descended and walked in. Gulf turned, "Mike!" Then Gulf detached himself from me to go to the man and give him a bro-hug. The guy who looks like he's body was built with muscles only hugged back. Then Jag joined the two and also gave him a hug. They were talking simultaneously, as if I wasn't here. In an instant, I have forgotten Deena.

Then I saw the guy press Gulf's arm, "Finally you've now put some flesh in your bones."

I am frozen to my spot, my mind running a mile per second. The guy turned to Jag and also said something to him about becoming tan. As he turned sideways, I saw his ear piercings, then I remember Gulf's nipple ring. Who the fuck is this guy?!

Gulf finally noticing me, "Oh Mike, I want you to meet Mew, my boyfriend." I looked at Gulf, we agreed to not address what we are to each other to other people. I raised my brow. "Mew, this is Mike, he is also a regular customer here. He owns a resort not far from here."

Mike extended his hand and we shook hands. "Nice meeting you Mew. I seem to remember your name." Then he looked at Gulf. Gulf's face heat up when he looked at me. I haven't uttered a single word yet. Gulf laughed nervously, "Haha, Mike that was a long time ago."

"I'm just happy you're now back together again." The guy fucking knows about me and Gulf.

Finally having enough of this and before I say something I will regret, "I'll go in, I'll let you guys catch up." I went inside without looking at anyone.

I sat on the table checking the dates on the sketch and also reading the testimonies of the people who were interviewed. Probably an hour after, immersed on reading one testimony, Gulf wrapped his arms around my neck. "Hey, are we okay?" I stopped my reading and took a deep breathe.

"Of course," I said as I swallowed all my questions.

"Aren't you going to ask me anything?" He asked in his very sweet voice.

"I have no questions." I am honestly afraid to ask. I might not like his answers.

"Okay. Are we back to keeping secrets?" He said, then went to sit across from me.

Is he seriously getting irked? Shouldn't I be the one feeling that way? I looked at him, "Do you want to tell me anything?"

"If you want to know something, I want you to ask me." So this is how he wants it to go.

I looked back to the sketch. "Let's just discuss the sketch---"

"He was the one who pierced my nipple." This is exactly the information I did not want to know. I looked at Gulf. He continued to talk as if that information was not enough. "It was when I got drunk about two years ago. Jag just arrived here and he wanted to visit the beach. We stayed at Mike's resort. I was so drunk, I wanted to get a piercing."

All this information is making my blood boil. "You got drunk. What else did you want then other than some piercing?"

He looked at me, as if debating if he should say more. "I wanted you Mew, but you weren't here. I kissed Mike. Mike kissed me back until I said your name."

I tensed, my jealousy starting to come out but my brain trying it's best to squash it. He reached out for my hand which was unconciously crumpling the paper I was holding. "Mew, this is our clean slate. Let's not start with any misunderstanding. We have some bigger issue we need fixed."

The truth is, I also feel guilty. If I wasn't a coward then, Gulf wouldn't be drinking and kissing people around. I took a deep breathe. "I'm sorry Gulf."

He went to my side of the table and kissed me deeply. He looked at me, "You only need to ask Mew. I won't do anything to make you doubt me."

"I know Gulf." I said, finally becoming okay with the information.

"So what did you find out about the sketch?" He looked at the sketch.

"If you check the writing of the last entry dated October 7, 2006, the way it's written looks different. As if this was written by someone else and not my father."

Gulf looked closedly, his eyes getting wider as he looks closer, "Who wrote the last entry?"

"I have a hunch Gulf, but we need the original manuscripts of these testimonies so we can compare. These are all computerized."