Chapter 49: Mew

It was the most satisfying, scandalous and dirtiest sex we've had so far.

Even after the cold shower and now lying in Gulf's bed, I am still blown away by what happened. The garage door will never be the same in my mind ever again.

I am still shocked by the urgency I felt in him when he charged to me. We haven't talked yet and Gulf is still in the shower doing god knows what. After a few more minutes, I checked on him. I opened the door and he was startled and tried to cover himself with the towel. I snatched it away from him.

"What do you think you're doing Gulf?" He was flushed all over.

"I have bite marks and hickeys."

"Huh?" I checked him. He has 2 hickeys in his neck, 2 sets of bite marks on his shoulders, another hickey on his nipple and his lips swollen. I smiled.

"Stop smiling you ass!!"

I can't stop smiling. I hugged him and buried my face in his neck. "It's going to heal."

Sulking, he said, "We still need to talk."

I moved away, that reminded me of why I went here. "Yeah we do, but first sleep."

We slept like babies and woke up at lunchtime with our grumbling stomachs and my numb arms. Gulf used it as a pillow all night.

Gulf is at the kitchen doing domesticated stuff while I went back to my car to get the sketch I placed inside a drawing storage tube.

Gulf looked up when I came back. "What is it?"

"This is the reason why I was here last might."

"Okay."

I opened the tube and laid the sketch on the table. Puzzled, he looked at it. Then he raised his brow looking at me. I turned the sketch around. And his eyes bulged. The back part of the sketch has writings on it. He looked closer to read the first one written on the upper right corner. We alternated the reading in chronoligacal order.

----------------------------------
August 2, 1991

TB
It seems that you have made up your mind about marrying her. You don't know how much this hurts me. We made a pact. You're breaking them again.
QM
-----------------------------------
February 14, 1997

QM
You married her. You said you can wait but you didn't. I think it's safe to say this sketch stands true to both of us.
TB
-----------------------------------
December 11, 2000

TB
You lied again. You traded our friendship with your brother's offer to work for the firm. You always give me up.
QM
-------------------------------------
February 14, 2003

QM
I waited for you. I waited the whole day. I know it's not easy to leave them. It's not easy for me too.
TB
--------------------------------------
April 4, 2005

TB
You think you can fool me? I don't know what deal you made with your brother. I'm done with this.
QM
--------------------------------------
October 7, 2006

QM
One last time Q. I've made sure they are okay. See you at the site in three days. Same time.
TB
--------------------------------------

Gulf and I looked at each and we both sat down on the table. Our hunger forgotten.

Gulf was the first to speak. "So the scandal might have something to do with our fathers."

"My uncle has a lot to answer to. He is the only one who knows what really happened."

Then he took off the wedding band he had been wearing since day one I've seen him after three years.

"This belongs to my father Mew. It was with him when he died. I guess the other half belongs to your father."

I inspected the engraved writing inside the band. "I only live......" I looked at Gulf, ".....to love you?"

He was surprised. " You've seen the band?"

"No Gulf, but I think I saw it written somewhere."