Chapter 8: Mew

The first thing I did after the class was search Gulf McQueen in the school records. He belongs to the top 5% of his course, Mechanical Engineering, hmmmm, so that guy loves building machines. His thesis from last year made it to the National Innovation competition, not bad. Represents the school in the Inter-school Football League, Team Captain.... team captain.... team captain.... I feel my head splitting. This is a complete headache. The only condition I confidently agreed on with my uncle to get the school back was to bring home the IFL this year. Remembering our conversation.....

--------------------------

"The next game is for the semis, it's too late for you to get our boys in." Uncles said.

"Don't forget that the last time we got in the semis was when I was team captain Uncle." I said confidently.

"Your confidence will be your failure nephew." Mu uncle said mocking me.

"Try me."I challenged him.

--------------------------

This conversation was the first I had when I arrived here before I saw my sister crying. And I let off some steam by punching dipshit's face.

There must be something in the records that I can bargain with and strike a deal. Grades, scrolling...scrolling... there! Just my luck, Philosophy. He is failing at Mrs Potts class, the last chance was the last assignment and he didn't sit in front. He was probably more shocked with my appearance than the chance to get that free pass.

I almost closed the file when I saw something at the bottom, Mother: Rita Cheunprom. My heart skipped a beat. They didn't have the same last name that's why I didn't notice. Now I know why he looks perfect, his mother was..is a goddess. The bridge of his nose, his high cheekbones, his flawless skin, even his delicate hands all came from her. Such a small world.

......

We run in the same circles. I have to play this right.

-------------------------

He looked out of it when his coach was discussing my intention at football practice and I honestly don't know how he got to be chosen team captain when it was so easy tackling him down.

We need another one on one, a--- to get things straight, b--- to strike a deal, c--- to find out what his deal is with his mother, as discretely as possible. I'll call him later once I settle down on this place.

The top 2 floors of Dorm B is where I'm staying. I customized it to fit me. The double king sized bed close to the window with automatic tinting, the minimalistic kitchen where I only have fruits on, the double door refrigerator to store all my salads and dressings, the small gym completed with surround sound system, and the shower, probably my favorite place, has a jacuzzi added to it.

I went to try it, took me an hour to finish and now ready to call Lisa's ex. Wearing just my boxers, I went by the window to admire the scenery outside. 2 rings, 3 rings....

"Hello?" He answered.

"This is Professor Bennett."

"-----------"

"Mr. McQueen, are you there?"

"With all due respect Sir, I just want to end my day without you." He said on the other line sarcastically.

That Sir had me tingling to my spine. Sir, my ass.

"We need to talk." I said.

"Again? The last time you said that, I was punched." He obviously does not want to talk to me.

"I think this time you'd want this talk too." I said planning to entice him with a good bargain.

"Why is that?" He said curious.

"I can help you get out of this town. I'll make sure you do." It took him a while to respond.

"Tell me..." He said.

I was staring at Dorm A from where I was standing when I saw a light just turn on one floor below me, the occupant going directly by the window while taking off his jersey and with his phone on his other hand by his ear, he looked up.

"The fuck are you doing there?!!!!" Mr McQueen said.

"Shouldn't you show some respect to your professor?" I said raising a brow.

"Sorry Sir, you startled me." He said still unbelieving that I live next building.

"I live here." I stated the obvious.

"Yeah, I forgot you own this school." He said, stating the obvious.

We both paused, just staring at each other. Like for a minute. I hear heavy breathing.... Breaking the silence, "Okay McQueen, tomorrow, let's talk after class."

"Yes, Sir." He has a way of saying this word.

Yes, Sir........yes, sir..... yes,sir. I need another shower.