「Chapter Thirty」

"You all have your costumes, right?" He asked. "Remember, you aren't allowed to wear them in public. Don't drop them or anything."

Everyone was carrying their costumes in cases.

"Yessir!" Ashido beamed.

"Speak clearly! It's 'yes, sir!', Ashido."

"Yes, sir. . ." She said in a defeated manner.

"Make sure you mind your manners with the heroes at your internships! Off with you, now."

"Yes, sir!"

Everyone started talking and heading towards their destination. Y/n sighed, and put a strand of hair behind her ear as she headed to the subway to her destination.

. . .

Y/n tapped on her mask, revealing her face, as she walked into the agency and looked around.

"Hello, L/n." Ryukyu shook Y/n's hand with a gentle smile and then squeezed it harshly, "I saw you at the Sports Festival, and I thought you were incredible. Do you know why I left you an offer?"

*____________________*

Ryuko Tatsuma

Age: 26

Occupation: Pro Hero

Quirk: Dragon

*____________________*

Y/n thought for a moment as Ryukyu let go of her hand, "I'm not sure.."

"I know about your family curse." She put her hands on her hips as Y/n became frantic.

"Y-You do?? But-"

"It cost the life of someone, yes, but they didn't tell me. I just happened to overhear. I looked into it, and there's something I want to teach you." Ryukyu and Y/n started to walk together.

"What can you teach me?" Y/n raised a brow.

"I can teach you to turn into a dragon."

Y/n stopped in her tracks as Ryukyu smiled.

"Y-You can teach me to turn into an actual dragon?! L-Like you?!"

"Yes, I can." Ryukyu chuckled.

Y/n couldn't help but smile to yourself, "And you're serious and certain this works?"

"I have confidence that I'm certain, but it'd be nice to have an absolute certainty once it works for you."

"That's incredible!" Y/n caught up to Ryukyu, "When do we start?"

. . .

"Have you heard about Ingenium?"

"Yeah, it was really tragic..." Y/n scratched the back of her neck as Ryukyu adjusted her costume, "A hero killer.. It's kind of terrifying."

"Alright." Ryukyu fixed her hair and then looked Y/n dead in the eyes, "Do you know how to activate the Curse?"

"I originally called it Puppeteer, but.. Well, no. I don't. It usually only happens when I'm in serious danger."

"Interesting." Ryukyu tapped her chin.

"How do you transform into a dragon?"

"I can do it at will now, but when I was little it was a bit difficult. Picture that golden dragon in your mind but as yourself."

"Okay." Y/n shut her eyes tight and clenched her fists. She was like that for a couple minutes before getting impatient, "Come on.."

"Is she really trying to turn into a dragon?"

"I guess so."

"I doubt it will work."

"There's no way!"

"Don't be so sure. I was able to turn into part of a dragon. Wait and see what happens.."

Y/n's eyes shot open with a golden glow as she doubled over and gasped. She tried to block out her relative's whispering.

"Great job! How are you feeling?" Ryukyu asked with slight concern.

"F-Fine.." Y/n slowly straightened her posture, her eyes being completely filled with gold.

"Incredible.." Ryukyu rubbed her eyes, "Are you focusing on the image of a dragon?"

"Yeah, I think so."

Ryukyu suddenly became alert, "Do you have any relatives talking to you?"

"Yup, but I'm trying to tune them out. Is that the right thing to do?"

"Actually, try listening to them. Have any of them said they've turned into a dragon?"

"Yes!"

"Finally she asks for help!"

"How do I do it?"

"My name is Ryu by the way. And I've only become one of those half dragon half human types. I've never actually turned into a dragon!"

"That's close enough. How do I do it?"

Ryukyu watched with curiosity.

"Here." Ryu put a small yellow earring on her ear, "Now say Doragon, doragon, sore wa watashi ga naritai hitodesu. Doragon, doragon, watashi o kyōryokuna sonzai ni suru."

"Okay.." Y/n recalled all the words, "Doragon, doragon, sore wa watashi ga naritai hitodesu. Doragon, doragon, watashi o kyōryokuna sonzai ni suru."

A large gust of wind swirled around Y/n as her body erupted in golden light, "Whoa!!"

Ryukyu stood back with wide eyes.

Y/n was thrown back to the ground and shook her head. She was about to wipe her hair back when noticed that her hand had become some sort of rock.

"You did it!" Ryukyu smiled, "But you're not a full dragon. That's okay."

Y/n started to place her hands around her body

Y/n started to place her hands around her body. She had grown horns, wings, and rock like textures on her legs, arms, and torso. Her dragon form was awesome! She never knew she had the ability to even do something like that!

"Good job, Y/n! Time to test your strength."

"Alright!"