「Chapter Thirty Four」

"Come on, Tsuki! We need the money so farm more."

"Yes, mother." Tsuki was a quiet man in his 20s who had to take care of his ill parents. He had no spouse, no friends, nothing. His hair was jet black and his bangs hung over his brown eyes. He had recently been hearing about a magical flower that could heal the illness that had befallen on his parents, and to finally lead his own life, he was determined to get it.

According to the legend, it was a small purple flower, which could heal the disease that many called the "Golden Touch", because legend had it, that the disease was caused by a dragon who sought out sin, some sort of Devil on earth.

Later that night when the village slept, Tsuki gathered a bag of food, clothes, and supplies to keep him alive. He didn't know how long he would be gone, but in the end, it would be worth it.

For days, Tsuki ventured through the mountains. The rain was pouring down heavily, and Tsuki was desperately trying to find shelter. Just ahead, he spotted a cave with a light. He darted towards it and looked around in awe.

Inside the cave was a heaven. Luscious green grass covered the floors while willow and blossom trees scattered the interior of the huge cave- and right in the center, stood a purple flower.

Tsuki's eyes lit up at the sight and he ran up to the flower and looked at its beauty.

"Who enters my cave and why must they get the flower they so crave?" A feminine voice asked with a hint of curiosity.

Tsuki looked around and barely noticed the golden tail of a dragon pass by one of the trees.

"My parents are ill with the golden touch. I must heal them."

"And why must you heal them at the risk of condemn?"

"I want to lead my own life. I want to have a family and children and my own home."

Tsuki covered his eyes as a light flash of light erupted throughout the cave, and a naked and beautiful lady emerged from behind a tree. She had long and flowing blonde hair and a gorgeous pair of golden eyes.

"Whoa.." Tsuki couldn't take his eyes off of her.

Her hair swayed behind her as she tenderly ran her finger along the petals of the flower, "I crave the same as you, something long overdue."

"And what is that?" Tsuki asked, brushing his hair out of his face.

"I'm rather lonely here, but suddenly you appear." The woman looked into Tsuki's eyes, "Could you stay here with me?"

Tsuki noticed that her words stopped to rhyme, "Stay here in exchange for the flower?" He thought for a moment. He didn't have friends and his parents only valued his existence to take care of them. This woman seemed kind and warm, it was a win win situation.

"Yes. I will stay here with you until you want me to leave."

The woman smiled and ran behind the tree, "There is something you must know, sir. Um, what is your name?"

"My name is Tsuki, and yours?"

"I do not have a name." The bright light shone once again, "I am simply Dragon."

A long and golden dragon emerged from the trees just as she had done before and Tsuki rubbed his eyes.

"Are you the dragon from the tales?!"

"Yes. I am. Sinners must be punished, Tsuki. Your parents hurt you, and they had to suffer for it. I am sorry that they did not learn from their mistakes." The Dragon looked at the flower, "However, you have promised me your stay here with me, so I will give the flower to your parents."

"No." Tsuki paused, "Don't."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Without me, they will die. And that is for the better."

The dragon crawled up along the wall and admired the gold and assortment of gems scattered around, "Excellent. We will spend the rest of eternity together until we die, Tsuki."

What did he have to lose? What would life be like in this heaven with a beautiful woman and dragon?

. . .

"If we ever went out into society, would they accept us?" The dragon asked, currently in her human form.

"You are able to turn into a human, my love."

"Yes, I know. But I do not look like everyone else. I have golden hair and eyes, while everyone there has black hair and eyes. I will stand out."

"Your divine beauty deserves to be noticed. We must go to a doctor for our fourth child."

She rubbed her big belly, knowing full well the baby would arrive in days time, "Tsuki, I'm scared."

"It's okay." Tsuki held onto her shoulders and pulled her into an embrace, "In a few days, we will come back with our baby, and she will help us and serve us as our child."

"But what of our other children?"

"They will be fine here on their own. Do not worry, my love."

"All right.. Let's go to the village."

. . .

"The baby girl did not make it. I am truly sorry."

Tsuki put his head down while the dragon burst into tears. She was furious.

Her head started to pound and her eyes turned to a complete gold as she formed a protective shield around Tsuki and destroyed the town in golden flames.

"My love!! What have you done?!"

"These people ruined us! They killed our baby!"

"It was not their fault!"

Tsuki suddenly went quiet as his face turned pale, he looked down to see he had been pierced by a sword. He fell to the ground limp as the dragon cried out in horror.

An old man threw the spear aside and paralyzed the dragon with a spell:

"For terrorizing this town, you're linage will forever be cursed with a dangerous and uncontrollable power."

"NO! YOU ALL KILLED MY BABY! MY BABY!! MY HUSBAND!! MY LOVE!!" The dragon weeped and screamed as the old man walked away into the fields.

Therefore, the string of The Curse of the Gōrudodoragon had begun.