VII : dark

"how have you managed to make this garden look so much better in three hours than i ever could in three months?" changkyun questioned in disbelief

"how have you managed to make this garden look so much better in three hours than i ever could in three months?" changkyun questioned in disbelief. shownu planted flowers, spread grass grower around, watered everything, and slightly propped up the fence.

shownu shrugged as he put the watering can down on the patio slightly beside changkyun. "i use to garden with my father a lot when i was younger," he told the boy, opening up just a tiny bit.

changkyun debated if he should ask about his father but eventually decided against it, it's not as if shownu said he was dead or anything. maybe the two just grew apart in some way.

"it's so dark now," shownu said as he looked around at the sky, the sun was going down and the sky was pink mixed with gray clouds. "i'm going to make some dinner and i think you should stay to have some," shownu told changkyun as he made his way inside.

changkyun stayed sitting down as he contemplated whether he should go inside or go walking alone in the dark through the woods. the thought alone made him shiver as he quickly got up and made his way inside of the new and improved home.

he can't believe he didn't notice how nice the inside of the house was looking. of course they would fix the inside up just so they could sell it to some top notch buyer.

"so what do you do for a living?" changkyun decided to ask as he popped his head into the kitchen which made shownu laugh at his silly behavior. the blush came back and changkyun looked at his worn out vans.

"i work as a lawyer but i do most of my work via laptop, but when i do go away i go for a week or two," shownu told changkyun. he didn't want to think about shownu leaving already, so he just nodded and sat down as he watched the older male pour pasta into the boiling water.

*

part 7