XVI : military

shownu walked out of the house to meet the mailman who smiled and handed him an envelope

shownu walked out of the house to meet the mailman who smiled and handed him an envelope. he walked back in and sat down on the couch where changkyun sat reading a magazine.

it was now four days until shownu's party, his birthday where his mother decided he was the perfect age to get married. and even join the military.

"it's a letter from my mother" shownu mumbled as he stretched his legs out, resting them on top of changkyun's. the younger boy sat patiently as he awaited what the letter was telling shownu.

shownu let out an annoyed huff which made changkyun peak over his magazine. "my mom said she registered me for the military already" he said in a soft tone.

at that moment changkyun's world seemed to stop as he stared right at shownu as he held the letter in his hands. he thought he had still been thinking about it, he didn't expect him to leave him that fast.

not when they were becoming best friends, maybe even more than that. the thought was silly but changkyun was hopeful.

"so you're gonna leave?" changkyun asked in a whispered tone. shownu put the letter down as a sigh escaped his mouth.

he reached over to grab changkyun's hand but it was quickly yanked back. the magazine was thrown to the ground and changkyun got up, grabbing his shoes before quickly slipping them on.

shownu looked at him in confusion except when he turned and saw tears brimming his small eyes. "i can't believe you're leaving me" his voice cracked as he stared at shownu.

his heart broke at the sight and he shook his head softly. changkyun took a deep breath before opening the back door and slamming it shut once he exited.

the letter was still in shownu's hands but he quickly ripped it up and threw it in the trash can. he wasn't going to go and that was final.